What was your favorite #1 hit in 2013? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:05:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  What was your favorite #1 hit in 2013? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Songs in chronological order
"Locked Out of Heaven" by Bruno Mars
"Thrift Shop" by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis featuring Wanz
"Harlem Shake" by Baauer
"When I Was Your Man" by Bruno Mars
"Just Give Me a Reason" by Pink featuring Nate Ruess
"Can't Hold Us" by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis featuring Ray Dalton
"Blurred Lines" by Robin Thicke featuring T.I. and Pharrell
"Roar" by Katy Perry
"Wrecking Ball" by Miley Cyrus
"Royals" by Lorde
"The Monster" by Eminem featuring Rihanna
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: What was your favorite #1 hit in 2013?  (Read 3062 times)
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: December 27, 2013, 03:51:06 PM »

Blurred lines explained:

Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 12:29:32 AM »

So cause of this whole tumblr thing y'all are going on about, let me tell you why I hate the song Blurred Lines.

My best friend was raped a few years ago, she never told anyone, she was ashamed and thought that it was her fault, that she triggered the attack and the rape. She was told to be quiet, the rapist told her that "You know you want it, what girl doesn't want to get laid?", she kept yelling for him to stop, but I guess telling someone "no" isn't a clear answer, they must want to have sex with you! In the song he refers to many things her attacker did to her, and the first time she heard the song in the radio, she had a panic attack and started crying uncontrollably, and I asked her what was wrong, and she explained what happened in 2011. Every time she hears the song she has a panic attack remembering what happened, and this song is the reason she has to be reminded of the traumatic event. I love her, she's like my sister, but this song has traumatized her and I don't know why someone would like a song after knowing her, and why it triggers these awful memories.

And she's not the only one, there are millions of women in the United States who have been raped and the song triggers awful memories, and this song is saying women want to have sex, that she really wants it, if she says no she really doesn't mean it, cause the word "no" is ambiguous, and I have nothing but hatred for this song and the terrible men who created it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies