VA State Senate Special Elections (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:52:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  VA State Senate Special Elections (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: VA State Senate Special Elections  (Read 6939 times)
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: February 01, 2014, 10:58:10 PM »

Virginia residents: who do you think is more likely to run in 2017 for Gov, Herring or Northam? And who is the GOP candidate after the 2013 sweep? A Congressman, perhaps?
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 12:26:30 PM »

Virginia residents: who do you think is more likely to run in 2017 for Gov, Herring or Northam? And who is the GOP candidate after the 2013 sweep? A Congressman, perhaps?

I think both Herring and Northam will go for it, but I am starting to think the eventual nominee is more likely to be Herring. To be honest, I've also heard chatter that neither of them will be the nominee, and instead, it will end up being Justin Fairfax.

For the Republicans, a lot of people seemed to think it would be Obenshain, but now people are also talking about Gillespie making a run for it (and that the Senate run is mainly to establish some infrastructure and name recognition). I personally think that a Congressman (such as Rigell, whose name I've heard a lot in this discussion, and I've also heard Wittman) might jump in. Out of these four candidates, I would probably want Rigell.

Interesting. I've been doing a lot of research on Virginia lately, I think it's a fascinating state that will only grow in importance and stature in the next decade. Odd that Fairfax, a US Attorney, would be so highly regarded over Herring, who to me seems like the future of the party. I think a Herring-Rigell matchup would be interesting - strong candidates from the state's most important metro regions.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies