Richard Sherman (Seattle Seahawks) goes wild after game, gets racist responses
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:01:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Richard Sherman (Seattle Seahawks) goes wild after game, gets racist responses
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Richard Sherman (Seattle Seahawks) goes wild after game, gets racist responses  (Read 2272 times)
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2014, 08:27:15 PM »

And, if you seriously think that Richard Sherman's antics would be acceptable if he was white, I think you're totally off base.  The NFL isn't professional wrestling and displaying openly horrible sportsmanship and acting like a narcissistic lunatic is not a part of sports.  Would you let someone talk to you like that?

I am quite sure that if a white player did a speech like that there would be less controversy.  Sure, some people would still say he wasn't "classy," but less of an outcry for sure.

Well, I would have complained, regardless, but I don't know about a neutral fan, since I'm not one. 

I'm sure something that we define as a "classy" response is racially coded by the cultural norms and expectations of a "white" society, but that doesn't mean that the determining someone made inappropriate statements is wholly defined by race.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2014, 10:27:26 PM »

Why is everyone all offended? Sure it was horrible sportsmanship and all, but I about fell out of my chair laughing when I saw that interview. Sherman called out Crabtree, and pretty much the entire rest of the NFL, and I'm sure it'll come back to bite him at some point. And whenever it does it'll be great to watch. In the meantime, relax and enjoy the show.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2014, 09:21:18 AM »

Sherman was mic'd up.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies