Former Office of the Midwest Governor (Closed as of January 7th, 2015)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:56:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Former Office of the Midwest Governor (Closed as of January 7th, 2015)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10
Author Topic: Former Office of the Midwest Governor (Closed as of January 7th, 2015)  (Read 23172 times)
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: September 11, 2014, 02:40:03 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Mr. Governor, this bill has passed the Althing.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #126 on: September 11, 2014, 11:51:47 PM »

Thank you Mr. Archduke. Smiley I will be signing this bill into law.

x LeBron FitzGerald
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #127 on: September 16, 2014, 08:27:51 PM »

For those wondering, I have seen my approval ratings in the region and nationally, and they certainly could be better. That's why right now I'm making an executive decision that I presume will be very popular among this region's residents. Under the MW's 4th Constitution, I'm requesting demanding that Representative Hashemite resign his seat in the Midwest Althing effective immediately. According to Clause IX of the Dude, Where's My Government Officer? Amendment:

If you look at his profile, he's in clear violation of this amendment, and most of his recent contributions to bills threads from my perspective have been mediocre at that. If he does not comply by tomorrow at this time, then I'll have no choice but to order security to remove him and forbid him in the future from entering the legislative chamber in the Capitol in Cheesewhiz, South Dakota.

This region deserves active legislators and the MW is not getting that out of Rep. Hashemite. He's like John Kasich. He's more concerned with a Presidential bid than focusing on hand at the region he was elected to serve.

I already have a replacement in mind whose agreed to fill this soon-to-be vacant seat and I have no doubt in my mind that he'll be an active and centrist leader in our region's government. I will be mentioning who that is tomorrow! Smiley
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #128 on: September 23, 2014, 09:56:25 PM »

Midwest Voting and the Upcoming Session:
Everyone, the time has finally come for change. In just a matter of hours, the MW Althing will be saying goodbye to Representative Hashemite who in his one term in the Althing has shown to be a very inactive official as well as one who had a habit of voting Nay on just about everything.

The next Althing session I promise will be better than the last as we have 3 committed Atlasians from 3 different parties prepared to represent the MW to the best of their ability, and hopefully we can expand our opportunities if the Althing and you, the voters, opt to allow through an amendment to establish districts and create more seats in the legislative body as a result. This will help increase activity and put more focus on the issues that matter most to Midwesterners; gun control, energy efficiency, higher income taxes, gay rights, a fair wage, and streets, buildings, bridges and communities that are well-maintained by our regional government.

And remember, you guys still have about 4 hours left to vote in the MW Legislative races and decide who represents you as Archduke for the next 4 months and who represents you in the Althing for the next 2 months. If you haven't already, go out and vote!

The Mideast
It's also come to my attention that our legislative neighbors over in the Mideast have passed a heavily anti-gay bill that's currently sitting on the desk of Federalist Governor TJ for him to sign or veto. Let me just emphasize, homophobia of the kind being tolerated in the Mideast will by no means necessary be allowed in the Midwest as long as I'm your Governor.

I am a gay Governor for legislative action, but also for activism and that's why I'm here in Peter's Park, Maryland right now where I'm about to protest the abomination of a bill that Speaker Hifly passed in secrecy. Everyone is welcomed to join me in letting Atlasia At-Large know just what's happening in this region and not let Speaker Hifly get away with this massive prohibition of basic rights of freedom of expression.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #129 on: September 29, 2014, 03:36:35 AM »

This claim appears on your wiki page. Is it accurate?

Wha?
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #130 on: September 29, 2014, 03:54:24 AM »

Oh my god his wiki page is wonderful

( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Sessions )

But even with this text the best part is his picture

i love you fitzy dont change
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #131 on: September 29, 2014, 04:53:58 AM »

Oh lord... and I mean that, literally.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #132 on: September 29, 2014, 06:08:44 AM »

You don't really support teaching creationism in schools, do you?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #133 on: September 29, 2014, 09:56:33 AM »

It's sort of adorable.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #134 on: September 29, 2014, 10:32:35 AM »

It certainly is one of the more interesting and flushed out pages.

Best line!
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #135 on: September 29, 2014, 10:57:37 PM »

...and I believe we have our answer.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #136 on: September 29, 2014, 11:56:10 PM »

I....wasn't finished editing everything on there yet for that section, but thanks so much for taking the opportunity to air that to the public Nix. Sad
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #137 on: September 30, 2014, 12:21:06 AM »

I....wasn't finished editing everything on there yet for that section, but thanks so much for taking the opportunity to air that to the public Nix. Sad

So... that's not your position? Or is it?

If it's on your wiki page... then, it is public.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #138 on: September 30, 2014, 05:13:58 PM »

Governor . . . that is why they have word documents, so you can flush out your ideas and then copy and paste on to the wiki/post. That it was I do when I edit things like that.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #139 on: October 02, 2014, 08:10:29 AM »

Again, Governor, is this or this not your position?

Because it would explain ... A lot
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #140 on: October 03, 2014, 09:20:41 AM »

LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #141 on: October 04, 2014, 03:20:47 AM »

Addressing his constituents from the safety of his own home in the Midwest city of Saint Paul, Minnesota

Friends, I have recently had to take cover and leave our beloved capital in South Dakota and return to my residence in Minnesota. Violent uproars and petty protests have occurred across this great nation and I condemn every bit of it. What angers me even more is that two of the people rebelling are citizens of the Midwest. I'm pissed, and immediate action is about to be taken.

Both of you, Snowstalker and Hashemite, I was right about all along. You are both very alike in sharing the common abnormality of being radical lunatics. You specifically Snowstalker have committed treason against our region, and I will be reprimanding you as a result, and I have every constitutional right to do so.

Snowstalker, you threatened the life of an elected MW official, GAworth, by ordering his capture and subsequent execution. Among our own citizens, you've also threatened to kill Presidential candidate Marokai, radio host Foucaulf, and former Representative Hashemite. All residents of the Midwest. To a lesser extent, you've also abducted our region's beloved mascot, the Most Serene Squirrel, and you're holding him against his will. Most Serene Squirrel is an employee of the MW government, and we're demanding to see his return at once. But since it's completely obvious you won't comply, I have just issued an executive order for every policeman on-duty and our regional guard to come find and arrest you at once for committing these acts against our government. It's for the safety of our citizens as well as myself, the MW legislators/Archduke, and other government officials threatened by this terrorist organization. If anyone sees Snowstalker anywhere in our region, alert the authorities immediately. Snowstalker will be stopped.

Now to address Hashemite's "rebellion", let me reassure everyone, the state of Oklahoma is not under the control of the "Revolutionary Junta Armed Forces." And it's not under the control of the Volkon Front either. I can't exactly charge you with anything like I did Snowstalker, but your constant disobeyal of laws in Atlasia hasn't gone unnoticed. It's punishment enough that you've ruined your reputation in the Midwest, and thank God we won't have to see you in public office here ever again attempting to destroy the government from within. Neither of them will ever control a state in the Midwest, primarily for fear that the state would disintegrate, but also because their silly groups don't have the authority to control any states in our constitutional republic, and any attempts to overthrow our government will be quickly toppled. Oklahoma, as well as Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Colorado, Wyoming and Montana are all under the jurisdiction of the Midwest government, and it will stay that way.

As Governor, but also your friend, I hope all of you stay safe tonight in the protection of your own homes. The Midwest will get through this unnecessary travesty; just like we got through the activity crisis back in the summer and avoided the merge. I respect any decision the Atlasian federal government chooses to do with Snowstalker upon his capture, but right now he's the Midwest's problem and he will be dealt with.

x Midwest Governor LeBron FitzGerald
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #142 on: October 05, 2014, 07:05:50 PM »

Amid protests at his residence, Labor Governor LeBron FitzGerald takes his private plane back to the capital, Cheesewhiz, South Dakota and addresses the region's continued turmoil from the Capitol Building.

I am ordering the Midwest National Guard to enter the states of Montana, Wyoming and Colorado and not leave until those states are once again under the Midwest's jurisdiction. The Midwest Guard will demand one time that the Pacific Guard retreat immediately back to their home territory and if they don't comply, I have ordered them to unleash fire on the Pacific Guardsmen. The Pacific Governor's reasoning for refusing to leave is an absolute joke as we are very committed to the federal government as Governor Varavour seems to think differently and what's currently happening in Iowa is a regional issue; that will be dealt with promptly by our government. We can't meet the needs of everybody, but it's to my satisfaction that before this chaos began, the Midwest was in economic and social prosperity, and it will end up that way no matter what decision you make Gov. Varavour.

As far as I'm concerned Governor, you're playing partisan politics here. I have not tried to force my religious beliefs to anyone of this region; they're my beliefs, and it will stay that way. My religious beliefs I will not attempt to enforce on anyone. It's funny how you call me a racist and a bigot to considering I'm a member of a discriminated against minority, the LGBT community, and I've always been a fighter for minority rights, including those of African Americans. So that's another poor excuse for invading the Midwest made up by the poor excuse for a Pacific Governor. I would not be surprised if The People's Party leadership told you to do this Governor Varavour because the TPP would love nothing more than to take over a Labor strong region like the Midwest because members of the TPP like yourself crave nothing but power. It's a shame, and I can promise you these futile attempts to destroy parts of the Midwest are not happening on my watch.

Look at the Midwest's record, Gov. Varavour, and then look at the Pacific's. Just a few months ago, the Pacific government pleaded with the MW to negotiate a merge between the 2 regions just so the MW could bail the Pacific out. The Midwest has a much stronger, active and enthusiastic government than the Pacific does. Last time I checked, the Speaker of the Council was nowhere to be found, and you've taken no executive action against your inactive Council. The Midwest itself is coming back and it was under the leadership of myself, Archduke Cris, Representative GAworth, Representative Gass3268, among many others from past and present that made it into a thriving region once again. We have a stronger economy than your region does, and I actually have the experience to lead this great region. You, on the other hand, for opportunist's sake got elected off of an open seat for Governor despite your lack of activity in the region prior, and could careless about the safety or well-being of the Pacific people.

In the meantime, I would like to thank Governor's Maxwell and TJ for evacuating from the Midwest territory. We have common enemies in Snowstalker, Deus and the few others rebelling against the federal government. We can't take them down if we have obstructionist Governor's like Varavour who would rather attempt to overthrow me than the real enemies. Again, thanks to both of you for evacuating and this a real sign that we can avoid consolidation when region's cooperate together in active roles for a common good. We have the ability to make our region's strong and war is not the answer to that, and I hope Governor Varavour that you understand that.

Regarding former Representative Hashemite's actions in Oklahoma and Kansas, it's absolutely deplorable. You're killing off the people who once elected you, and I have sent in more regionally armed forces to take down this movement once and for all before it grows even more and to rescue those suffering from this that are imprisoned in Wichita. Upon your defeat Hashemite, it will be my distinct honor to have you serve as long of a sentence as possible within this region's confines. I understand the federal government is busy taking down the secessionist movement currently in the Northeast, but any help to take down this radical would be much appreciated. Hashemite completely opposes social order and at the next moment if they tookover the Midwest, would be willing to stab other region's in the back in a heartbeat. That's why it's crucial that we get as much assistance as possible to defeat this sworn enemy of the republic.

Lastly, it's come to my attention that there are now peaceful protests mostly in the eastern parts of the Midwest calling on my resignation. Let me reassure all of you, I will not be resigning from office. Some knockoff versions of Martin Luther King are not going to force me out of office with their "civil disobedience." The demands from those who have occupied Iowa are absolutely ridiculous, and I will not cave into them. They can organize peaceful protests all they want, but Iowa is under the control of the Midwest government and if they try to get their Civic Assembly to overthrow Iowa's government, the MW will be right there to stop them, so do not try anything you might regret Velasco.

Whether or not Governor Varavour chooses to do what is right, the Midwest will make it through these hard times. The Atlasian Civil War will not separate us and after all of our enemies are captured, we can go on making this region the best that it can possibly be.

Thank you and God Bless the Most Serene Republic of the Midwest and the Republic of Atlasia.

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #143 on: October 05, 2014, 07:18:58 PM »
« Edited: October 05, 2014, 07:33:36 PM by Ectoplasm X »

Governor, there have been unconfirmed reports of a large explosion in Fargo.  Can you confirm or deny these reports?  If they are correct, do authorities know the cause of the blast?
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #144 on: October 05, 2014, 07:30:59 PM »

For saying you want peace, you sure do sound belligerent.

If anything you're escalating the conflict with the Pacific, not solving it.

Also I'm fairly sure Simfan has much more experience in Atlasia than you do.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #145 on: October 05, 2014, 07:42:34 PM »
« Edited: October 05, 2014, 07:50:45 PM by Spamage »

Look at the Midwest's record, Gov. Varavour, and then look at the Pacific's. Just a few months ago, the Pacific government pleaded with the MW to negotiate a merge between the 2 regions just so the MW could bail the Pacific out.

You also fail to note that the Midwest passed the referendum, while it failed in the Pacific.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #146 on: October 05, 2014, 07:58:30 PM »
« Edited: October 05, 2014, 08:03:36 PM by ilikeverin »

Mr. Governor, what do you mean by "Midwestern National Guard"?  Our Constitution says the following about the defense of our region in times of great necessity:

To me, it seems like our Land, Sky, and Wave Corps, though assuredly strong in morale and pep, is likely not all that vast in size.  I suggest we coordinate more forcefully with the national government (however you define it) in these times of strife, or with aforementioned "private militias".

*hughughug*,

The Midwestern CJO
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #147 on: October 05, 2014, 08:01:18 PM »

Dear Mr Adam FitzGerald,

We received your comments with both shock and outrage, it must be admitted. It is patently absurd for you to maintain that "war is not the answer" and then threaten to wage one on the defence forces of a neighboring region! Some have called recent events a civil war, but if you were to make good on your threats it would undoubtedly be one; imagine, the forces of one federal region firing upon those of another! It is not 1861, for God's sake!

I will tell you what I had been thinking, although I am quite hesitant to follow through with what I will propose after your threats. I will ignore your partisan rants, for the sake of brevity. You will abide by the official recommendations made by the Department of Internal Affairs and proclaim your loyalty to the Federal Government and completely abide by their decisions. You will de-mobilise and de-activate the Midwest National Guard unless they are under the command of the Armed Forces. You will renounce any sort of fundamentalism yours and pledge to not undertake any law imposing it on the region. And you will apologise for your deeply incendiary and provocative remarks.

I am not at all sure this is a good idea, neither for the residents of the Midwest, judging by how quickly your region has slid into chaos and experienced massive fatalities, nor for the residents of the Pacific, judging by the tenor of your comments and the venom and hostility they contained. I seek to keep the peace and maintain order, but I am skeptical this proposal would achieve those ends. But I will put these terms before you, regardless.

The choice is yours, and you shall bear responsibility for whatever choices you make, so I desperately hope you choose wisely.

Governor Varavour

Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #148 on: October 05, 2014, 10:01:23 PM »

Amid protests at his residence, Labor Governor LeBron FitzGerald takes his private plane back to the capital, Cheesewhiz, South Dakota and addresses the region's continued turmoil from the Capitol Building.

I am ordering the Midwest National Guard to enter the states of Montana, Wyoming and Colorado and not leave until those states are once again under the Midwest's jurisdiction. The Midwest Guard will demand one time that the Pacific Guard retreat immediately back to their home territory and if they don't comply, I have ordered them to unleash fire on the Pacific Guardsmen. The Pacific Governor's reasoning for refusing to leave is an absolute joke as we are very committed to the federal government as Governor Varavour seems to think differently and what's currently happening in Iowa is a regional issue; that will be dealt with promptly by our government. We can't meet the needs of everybody, but it's to my satisfaction that before this chaos began, the Midwest was in economic and social prosperity, and it will end up that way no matter what decision you make Gov. Varavour.

As far as I'm concerned Governor, you're playing partisan politics here. I have not tried to force my religious beliefs to anyone of this region; they're my beliefs, and it will stay that way. My religious beliefs I will not attempt to enforce on anyone. It's funny how you call me a racist and a bigot to considering I'm a member of a discriminated against minority, the LGBT community, and I've always been a fighter for minority rights, including those of African Americans. So that's another poor excuse for invading the Midwest made up by the poor excuse for a Pacific Governor. I would not be surprised if The People's Party leadership told you to do this Governor Varavour because the TPP would love nothing more than to take over a Labor strong region like the Midwest because members of the TPP like yourself crave nothing but power. It's a shame, and I can promise you these futile attempts to destroy parts of the Midwest are not happening on my watch.

Look at the Midwest's record, Gov. Varavour, and then look at the Pacific's. Just a few months ago, the Pacific government pleaded with the MW to negotiate a merge between the 2 regions just so the MW could bail the Pacific out. The Midwest has a much stronger, active and enthusiastic government than the Pacific does. Last time I checked, the Speaker of the Council was nowhere to be found, and you've taken no executive action against your inactive Council. The Midwest itself is coming back and it was under the leadership of myself, Archduke Cris, Representative GAworth, Representative Gass3268, among many others from past and present that made it into a thriving region once again. We have a stronger economy than your region does, and I actually have the experience to lead this great region. You, on the other hand, for opportunist's sake got elected off of an open seat for Governor despite your lack of activity in the region prior, and could careless about the safety or well-being of the Pacific people.

In the meantime, I would like to thank Governor's Maxwell and TJ for evacuating from the Midwest territory. We have common enemies in Snowstalker, Deus and the few others rebelling against the federal government. We can't take them down if we have obstructionist Governor's like Varavour who would rather attempt to overthrow me than the real enemies. Again, thanks to both of you for evacuating and this a real sign that we can avoid consolidation when region's cooperate together in active roles for a common good. We have the ability to make our region's strong and war is not the answer to that, and I hope Governor Varavour that you understand that.

Regarding former Representative Hashemite's actions in Oklahoma and Kansas, it's absolutely deplorable. You're killing off the people who once elected you, and I have sent in more regionally armed forces to take down this movement once and for all before it grows even more and to rescue those suffering from this that are imprisoned in Wichita. Upon your defeat Hashemite, it will be my distinct honor to have you serve as long of a sentence as possible within this region's confines. I understand the federal government is busy taking down the secessionist movement currently in the Northeast, but any help to take down this radical would be much appreciated. Hashemite completely opposes social order and at the next moment if they tookover the Midwest, would be willing to stab other region's in the back in a heartbeat. That's why it's crucial that we get as much assistance as possible to defeat this sworn enemy of the republic.

Lastly, it's come to my attention that there are now peaceful protests mostly in the eastern parts of the Midwest calling on my resignation. Let me reassure all of you, I will not be resigning from office. Some knockoff versions of Martin Luther King are not going to force me out of office with their "civil disobedience." The demands from those who have occupied Iowa are absolutely ridiculous, and I will not cave into them. They can organize peaceful protests all they want, but Iowa is under the control of the Midwest government and if they try to get their Civic Assembly to overthrow Iowa's government, the MW will be right there to stop them, so do not try anything you might regret Velasco.

Whether or not Governor Varavour chooses to do what is right, the Midwest will make it through these hard times. The Atlasian Civil War will not separate us and after all of our enemies are captured, we can go on making this region the best that it can possibly be.

Thank you and God Bless the Most Serene Republic of the Midwest and the Republic of Atlasia.

LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #149 on: October 05, 2014, 10:27:52 PM »

For saying you want peace, you sure do sound belligerent.

If anything you're escalating the conflict with the Pacific, not solving it.

Also I'm fairly sure Simfan has much more experience in Atlasia than you do.
I'm not escalating the conflict. Pacific Justice Bacon King has clearly ordered Governor Varavour to evacuate from the Midwest territory and he's refused to comply.

I'm very impatient at this point and if Gov. Varavour refuses to comply then a further escalation of conflict will have him to blame, not me. I've done nothing but supported our federal government and President in this time of national crisis and Gov. Varavour has no acceptable reason to be invading our territory like this.

Gov. Simfan may have been around longer than me in Atlasia, but the way it's looking now, I look to be the more effective and stronger leader of a region than he's been thus far. The records, unemployment numbers, activity etc. show that.

Look at the Midwest's record, Gov. Varavour, and then look at the Pacific's. Just a few months ago, the Pacific government pleaded with the MW to negotiate a merge between the 2 regions just so the MW could bail the Pacific out.

You also fail to note that the Midwest passed the referendum, while it failed in the Pacific.
And you also fail to note that it only passed by 1 vote, that turnout was only at 33% in that referendum vote, and 4 of the 9 people who voted abstained while only 3 people voted in the affirmative. It narrowly failed in the Pacific, to, I believe, and even had it passed, the Pacific would have had more to gain from the merge than the Midwest would have.

Mr. Governor, what do you mean by "Midwestern National Guard"?  Our Constitution says the following about the defense of our region in times of great necessity:

To me, it seems like our Land, Sky, and Wave Corps, though assuredly strong in morale and pep, is likely not all that vast in size.  I suggest we coordinate more forcefully with the national government (however you define it) in these times of strife, or with aforementioned "private militias".

*hughughug*,

The Midwestern CJO
Thanks for the info, Mr. CJO, and either way, with President Tyrion's recent heroic action, I plan on withdrawing my region's forces (or Corps) from these 3 states to scale down tensions with the Pacific.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies