Former Office of the Midwest Governor (Closed as of January 7th, 2015)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:21:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Former Office of the Midwest Governor (Closed as of January 7th, 2015)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
Author Topic: Former Office of the Midwest Governor (Closed as of January 7th, 2015)  (Read 23176 times)
TNF
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2014, 12:22:08 PM »

Congrats on your appointment!

If you ever have any questions or wish to have a piece of legislation introduced at the federal level on your behalf, feel free to PM me.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2014, 02:19:14 AM »

Congrats on your appointment!

If you ever have any questions or wish to have a piece of legislation introduced at the federal level on your behalf, feel free to PM me.
Thanks! Smiley

Also, the special election for MW Archduke is today, so before the polls open, I'm going to give my endorsement out to incumbent Archduke and Laborite Arturo Belano! So far, he's done a good job as leader of the Althing and will be great to continue to work with. Cheesy
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2014, 07:11:34 AM »

Just so everyone is aware, I will be running for a full term in the Midwest Althing election. I plan to give a formal declaration at some point or other. As a friendly reminder, the link to the polling place next week will be in my signature! Wink
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2014, 12:36:34 PM »

Endorsed
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2014, 09:42:54 PM »
« Edited: March 20, 2014, 02:54:54 AM by Appointee MW Representative Adam C. FitzGerald »

Thanks...

And unfortunately, I just got a phone call from my dad and he said that my sister-in-law died. She died shortly after surgery of a blood clot at the age of 38, and now my older brother who's only 26 is a widow who has two wins (a boy and a girl) that are 2 and a girl that was just born a few weeks ago. My mom was up in Columbus with the kids and my brother when it happened since he needed help with the kids, but now, we're unsure what will happen. My mom will likely stay down there longer than expected and his wife's parents will likely come in as well to help with the kids temporarily. The funeral services will likely be scheduled for next week, and again we're unsure of what will happen. My brother has a high-paying job down there so it would really hurt having to leave his job there and come back up here to live with my mom and dad, so if I were to guess, he might hire a babysitter during the day, but that's simply a guess at this point. I was stunned when I heard about it because I knew she was in surgery, but she was just so young. She helped advise me with my major and we had a lot of great talks whether they were political, funny convos, and just miscellaneous. I never even got the chance to tell her that I was gay. I feel the worst for the kids though who won't be able to grow up with their mom. RIP. Sad

As for Atlasia, I still plan to continue my duties as MW Rep and will still be running for a full term, but I'm obviously sad now and will be taking a few days off from the game.

Quick Update on what I posted here Monday: The funeral will be on Saturday in Portsmouth, Ohio which is where her parents live (right near the border of Kentucky). My family and I are just trying to forget what happened and the funeral will be kind of casual from what I'm hearing, so I won't be on all that much this weekend, but besides that, I'll be fine and active.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2014, 02:53:47 AM »
« Edited: March 24, 2014, 01:28:15 AM by Midwest Representative Adam C. FitzGerald »

#FitzyforMidwestAlthing
#Fitzingforthe"G"andtheWin!

With the polls opening in just hours from now and having already declared my candidacy here and in the Candidate Declaration Thread, I am officially announcing my intentions to run for a full term to the Midwest Althing!

In my short, few weeks in the Althing, I've helped in a collaborative effort to pass a variety of bills which includes abolishing life imprisonment to a max of 45 years for criminals to allow for a forgiving government even in the most heinous crimes, extending more benefits and contracts to union-friendly businesses, have increased the number of paid vacation days and paid parental days to better assist workers' and their families especially those with children, valorized the Midwest, further protecting the right for workers to unionize, and am fighting for equal rights for aliens as we speak.

I also have proposed a bill so far that would make hate crimes based on sexual orientation, gender and disability illegal in the region, increasing funding to schools who hire counselors and institute LGBT programs and clubs among other things. Another bill I plan to propose will give college athletes the right to unionize, nationalize sports leagues, prohibit any racial/gay slurs on the field and offensive team names and prohibit physical attacks on and off the field. Other bills I'm currently crafting would better keep our streets safe mainly through funding for pothole removers and regulating the streets as cars only roads, protecting animal rights, provide foreign aid to the Ukraine, work on drug and gun safety reform, increase voting and candidate opportunities, and making sure the pipeline is not inflicted on the good citizens of the Midwest.

I wish fellow Reps. Brewer and Cris the best of luck and with no actual opposition in this race except from maybe a few write-in votes, it will be great to continue working with you guys these next 2 months! *hug hug hug* Cheesy
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2014, 04:23:54 AM »

What is wrong with this region? Are you going to legislate for equal rights for cartoon ponies and gremlins next?
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2014, 05:35:34 AM »

What is wrong with this region? Are you going to legislate for equal rights for cartoon ponies and gremlins next?

Do you deny the existence of aliens?
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2014, 07:47:26 PM »
« Edited: March 26, 2014, 09:10:56 PM by Midwest Representative Adam C. FitzGerald »

The Fitzer is back after a small, three day hiatus! I was down in Portsmouth this weekend for my sister-in-law's funeral (Friday was the wake, Saturday was the funeral) and overall, it was pretty casual, loquacious, and saddening. Some of us went up there to talk about her during the ceremony expressing some funny moments and how much we miss her. The city itself though was pretty....depressing to say the least. Terrible Internet connection up in our hotel (though I managed to get on for a little bit on Friday night) and seeing as how close we were to Kentucky, it was a very rural, farming area with downtown Portsmouth looking barren itself. The funeral would have been in Columbus, but she was born and grew up in Portsmouth and some of her relatives lived in nearby Wheelersburg, so it had to be there. I'm just so glad to finally be back up in Cuyahoga County. Smiley

With that said, let's get to the election results!!!

In the Mideast, the projected winners and going to the Assembly are Speaker Inks.LWC (again), JCL, Cassius, TheRileyKeaton, and Ben giving the Feds a 4-1 majority in the Assembly and officially no Laborites (since Rep. Njall never filed). All I can say is, God save the Mideast.

Inks.IWC (F) - 6
JohanusCalvinusLibertas (F) - 4
Cassius (F) - 4
TheRileyKeaton (F) - 2

outofbox6 (F) - 1
hifly15 (F) - 0 for the Oxford graduate
Write-In: Benconstine (TPP) - 2

Mideast Vote on Constitutional Amendment to Article V - 180 Day Restriction on State Registration
Too close to call
2 Aye's
6 Nay's

In the IDS, Scott and Jbrase are expected to hold onto their seats and Oak Hills is elected without quota and will be the only Independent legislator. The legislature stays tied 2-2 under Federalist (Scott and Jack)/Democratic-Republican (Small L and Jbrase) control with Scott presiding as Speaker.

Scott (F) - 5
Jbrase (D-R) - 4
Write-In: Oak Hills (Independent) - 1

IDS Vote on Constitutional Amendment to Article V - 180 Day Restriction on State Registration
Projected to Pass
7 Aye's
2 Nay's
1 Abstention

In the Midwest, my home region stays under Labor control as myself, Brewer, and Cris are all projected to go back to the Althing. The recent poll had Rep. and Pres. Pro Tem Cris's approval rating at 70%, Rep. FitzGerald's approval rating at 45%, Rep. Brewer's at 70%, and Archduke Arturo's approval at 80%.

Adam C. FitzGerald (L) - 3
Brewer (L) - 6
Cris (F) - 4

Midwest Valorization Amendment (Failed; Not an Amendment)
1 Aye
10 Nay's
1 Abstention

Midwest Vote on Constitutional Amendment to Article V - 180 Day Restriction on State Registration
Projected to Fail
2 Aye's
10 Nay's

Pacific Vote on Constitutional Amendment to Article V - 180 Day Restriction on State Registration
Projected to Fail
2 Aye's
5 Nay's

Northeast Vote on Constitutional Amendment to Article V - 180 Day Restriction on State Registration
Too close to call
9 Aye's
8 Nay's

The MW hasn't started voting yet has started voting on the Amendment and in the ME and NE, it's still too close to call with it projected to pass in the IDS and fail in the Pacific. I'll be giving my victory speech later! Cheesy
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2014, 09:59:10 PM »

Congrats on your election, and I'm glad someone else is keeping track of these results.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2014, 12:39:52 AM »

Adam, I just noticed the photo of you with Marcy Kaptur.  Congratulations on meeting her and all, but how on earth did they let you in without a suit on? Tongue
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2014, 01:59:37 AM »

You know, the election isn't over Tongue.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2014, 06:18:30 PM »

Congrats on your election, and I'm glad someone else is keeping track of these results.
Thanks and it's up to date again as of 6:45 pm EST today. The Mideast and Northeast votes on the Amendment to Article V are still too close to call, but everything else is called.

Adam, I just noticed the photo of you with Marcy Kaptur.  Congratulations on meeting her and all, but how on earth did they let you in without a suit on? Tongue
It was a sort of casual event put together by the local Lakewood Democratic Club to honor most of the prominent female candidates running this year in Ohio - Marcy Kaptur, Marcia Fudge, Nina Turner, Connie Pillich, Sharen Neuhardt, Nickie Antonio, and Shannon Gallagher (the first time Turner, Pillich and Neuhardt all were together in the same room to, interestingly enough). There was a small fee though and I guess the fact that a lot of other guys there liked Joe Biden for President went better than expected for what I was wearing. Plus Kaptur had seen Biden a few days before that to talking about Ukraine. Wink

Now it is. Tongue
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2014, 05:56:30 PM »

Hello again, fellow Midwesterners! Cheesy

I just want to thank you guys for recently re-electing me to a 2nd term to the Althing a few weeks back alongside Reps. Sol and Spamage, but we're not done yet! Our Governor whose put so much time and energy into the Midwest is running for Vice President on a great ticket with Pac. Governor DemPGH. They've made strong commitments to improving our education system to providing much-needed aid to our friends in Ukraine, protecting the rights of LGBT or fighting against animal abuse. They have the support of Laborites, TPP, and Federalists alike and I encourage everyone to support them next week in the Presidential election.

That aside, my last approval rating from March had me under water at 42% approve, 58% disapprove, so I'm going to begin to be more transparent with all of you! And I'll start by doing that by showing my voting record on every bill since entering the Althing back in February. You'll notice that I have yet to vote NAY on any bill yet, and that's because we've had several great debates and laws passed and signed and I'm very open-minded when its come to these bills over the months. For example, I oppose legalizing prostitution, but I did not let that get in the way of making our citizens happy and bringing in government revenue at the same time!

Here's the bill, followed by what I voted on it, followed by what the bill does, followed by whether it passed, failed, was withdrawn etc., followed by the final vote on it, followed by the date it was passed/failed/withdrawn etc.

Midwest Compassionate Contractors Act - AYE, Government contractors must be from unionized companies (Passed 2-0-1; March 1st, 2014).

Electing a New President Pro Tempore - X for Cris, Bipartisanly and unanimously elected former Rep. Cris (F) Pres. Pro Tempore to succeed then appointee-Archduke Arturo Belano (Elected 3-0; March 1st, 2014).

Midwest Pro Workers and Pro Growth Act - AYE, Increases the number of paid days for employees, increases the number of paid parental leave days, and amends the corporate tax rate (Passed 3-0; March 8th, 2014).

Midwest Life Imprisonment Abolition Act - AYE, Abolishes cruel sentences that would be considered lifespans, sets imprisonment at a 45 year max sentence, and abolishes solitary confinement (Passed 2-1; March 6th, 2014).

Midwest Valorization Amendment - AYE, Provides government subsidies to initiatives in order to help enhance the price and sale of commodities (Passed 3-0; March 11th, 2014).

Midwest Cris Valorization Act - AYE, Reforms the Midwest Valorization Amendment to become the Midwest Cris Valorization Act (Passed 3-0; April 19th, 2014).

Midwest Anti-Union Companies Suck Act - AYE, Reaffirms the right of workers to join unions and collectively bargain under the Anti-Right-to-Work Amendment of the MW's 4th Constitution, reforms companies subject to the law, and enforces penalties against companies who violate the law (Passed 3-0; March 17th, 2014).

Midwest Extraterrestrial Life Act - Withdrawn Sad , Grants equal, but segregated rights to aliens in case of invasion and allows police to encounter in case of a deadly encounter

Midwest Canadian Provinces Renaming Act - AYE, Renames Canadian provinces in relation to the Atlasian-Canadian Common Market Agreement and recognizes Canadians in the renamed Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Alberta and The Northwest Territories as eligible voters in the Midwest (Passed 2-0-1; March 30th, 2014).

Midwest Prostitution Act - AYE, Regulates, restricts to an extent and taxes prostitution (Passed 2-0; April 2nd, 2014).

Midwest LGBT Equality, Hate Crimes and Suicide Prevention Act - AYE, Prohibits businesses and schools from denying LGBT people the same equal rights as others when evidently proven, prohibits forms of hate crimes against people based on their sexual orientation, gender or disability when evidently proven, establishes programs in schools to prevent suicides among LGBT youth, and recognizes Matthew Shepard as a national hero by the Midwest (Failed 1-2; April 4th, 2014).

Midwest FitzGerald-Cris-Sol Compromise, LGBT Equality, Hate Crimes and Suicide Prevention Act - AYE, Prohibits businesses and schools from denying LGBT people the same equal rights as others when evidently proven, prohibits forms of hate crimes against people based on their sexual orientation, gender or disability when evidently proven, authorizes regional agencies to further pursue hate crimes if necessary, establishes programs in schools to prevent suicides among LGBT youth, expands gender identity opportunities, and recognizes Matthew Shepard as a national hero by the Midwest (Passed 2-1; May 15th, 2014 - Currently before the Atlasian Supreme Court).

Midwest Redraft Amendment - AYE, Permits the Midwest Governor to redraft a bill and send it back to the Althing whereby the sponsor of the bill can approve the redraft and pass it by a simple majority in the Althing or reject the proposal (Passed 3-0; April 8th, 2014).

Midwest Immigration and Integration Act - AYE, Establishes English as the official language of the Midwest with public documents also in Spanish, French and Native American languages, grants voting, political and education rights to legal immigrants, prohibits segregation and employment and police discrimination against legal immigrants, grants certain, unalienable rights to illegal immigrants including the right to obtain a job or freedom of speech, allocates subsidies to housing and academically suffering schools, subjects fines to racist acts of violence based on race, color, or religion, and encourages the Atlasian government to provide amnesty to illegal immigrants. (Passed 3-0; April 25th, 2014).

New Cooperative Development Act - AYE, Establishes the Regional Cooperative Development Program which, in turn, creates the Local Cooperative Development Centers which set their priorities, are transparent to the public, offer training courses and loans to cooperatives, and allocates $50M per year to the RCDP (Passed 2-0; May 2nd, 2014).

Midwest Prohibition of Private Prisons Act - AYE, Brings privately-owned prisons and correctional facilities under the control of the Midwest government and prohibits contracting and transferring ownership to private contractors. (Passed 3-0; May 2nd, 2014).

Electing a New President Pro Tempore - X for Adam C. FitzGerald, Bipartisanly and unanimously elected Rep. Adam C. FitzGerald (L) Pres. Pro Tempore to succeed outgoing Rep. Cris (Elected 3-0; June 3rd, 2014).

Midwest Stop Nuclear Power Plant Building Act - AYE, Prohibits any new nuclear power plants from being built in the Midwest in order to find other sources of renewable energy and limit toxic waste (Failed 1-1 (Archduke Arturo Belano voted nay in the tiebreaker - 1-2); June 9th, 2014).

Midwest Youth Employment Plan - AYE, Establishes collective agreements with companies to implement vocational training for young peers 18-26 whereby the MW government will pay 50% of the costs, the jobs will have to pay no higher than the $18.00 per hour minimum wage and are exempt from the MW Corporate Tax, limits the contracts to 50 months with a 35-50 work week, and permits the employee to terminate the contract under certain conditions (Passed 2-0; June 8th, 2014).

Midwest Child Allowance Act - Currently being debated on, Provides a $100 allowance per month to Midwesterners 21 and under as long as they are legally emancipated
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2014, 12:49:44 AM »
« Edited: June 12, 2014, 12:55:47 AM by Midwest Representative Adam C. FitzGerald »

I'd like to take a moment to address the big issue in Atlasia now and that's the strikedown of what used to be the Midwest FitzGerald-Cris-Sol Compromise, LGBT Equality, Hate Crimes and Suicide Prevention Act. To start, Justice Oakvale claims the bill is poorly written, but in reality, there are plenty of bills in Atlasia that are poorly written and vague. Why pick up this innocent bill out of a number of other poorly written ones such as Gov. Dallasfan's "The FitzGerald Act" (a bill about marijuana testing) which is vague enough to poke fun at me as a person and is libel. His defense is that it stands for "Frances FitzGerald" even though the only person with that name is a little-known journalist who has nothing to do with marijuana. That's vague, but unlike Snowstalker, I won't waste the Midwest's or the Supreme Court's time and I'll leave that bill alone.

Oakvale goes on to say that the language is vague enough to allow lawsuits for firing or denying a gay person's entry to a school, but common sense would state that it has to be evidently proven with defensible, accurate causes or reasons for the termination in order for such "fines and lawsuits" to take place. The intent is not to fine everyone who fires gay people. An LGBT person can be a lazy worker, get fired and that would be a legit reason for his termination. An LGBT person can have D's and F's and that can be reason's for his termination. Heck, I've gotten some bad grades before, but I don't blame the teachers or schools for "homophobia against me." Again, I note that it states nobody can deny LGBT "the same rights as others" which is okay in itself because straight people should not have superior rights and nor should LGBT. He then states that we never defined "LGBT" even though common sense would also state what it means: lesbians, gays, bisexuals, and transgender.

Oakvale seems to be very repetitive throughout his first opinion of the court post repeating it's vagueness. As for the "permitting bullying by peers" phrase, this obviously implies that an adult who works for the university whether it be a teacher or administrator is present to see the bullying and doesn't attempt to stop it in any way whether it be through calling 911 or directly interfering. If the incident happens on the school grounds, then they are technically liable for anything that might happen.

As for the hate crimes part about the "verbal abuse," it was intended for this phrase to face outside action from jail time, fines etc. if there was imminent danger involved that could lead to a violation of personal space and seeming threatful enough that it could lead to pushing or brutality. I don't believe this violates free speech and unless there are witnesses or proof (such as bruises) that the LGBT person was called derogatory words and it seemed like they were in imminent danger, the potential verbal abuse charge we intended to not go further than that. I do support freedom of speech, but you need to go beyond the definition of the phrase to understand what its intent is and "verbal abuse" does have a lot of meanings and interpretations, but it's not the interpretation a lot of people are assuming as just a leisurely, homophobic slur because I will admit there are surely people who make mistakes in something they say that they soon regret (ex. I recently saw Jonah Hill's heartfelt apology for using a slur). It does extend beyond that if the confrontation gets serious enough that there are motives and intent for the confrontation.

Regarding this violating freedom of expression, we did initially have a clause that banned picketing of gay funerals, but we did away with that because we realized it's violation to expression. I think anyone would agree that people do have freedom of expression, but to an extent. If a Catholic Church is protesting with signs that "God hates gays" on the sidewalks, so be it. If someone yells "f*****s" from across the road where he sees two guys kissing, so be it, but you shouldn't have that right when someone is up in your face calling you gay slurs which would assume a form of provocation. Gays are by no means their own special class, but they're still very much a discriminated minority (essentially to replace blacks/biracial couples who most people have accepted by now), and it's the job of the government to protect them until they get full acceptance. Normal, "straight-on-straight" crimes don't have the same type of significance and bigotry that "straight-on-gay" hate crimes do. Normal crimes are just your regular robberies, beat downs etc. without any care while gays will tend to be more targeted. There have been clubs down in Cleveland where gangs have specifically targeted gay men and stole their money. The fact that this kind of things can be found unconstitutional is just sickening.

Obviously, this law being struck down in it's entirety and finding hate crimes unconstitutional is shameful! Many laws are vague and this bill had great intent. The Supreme Court should be ashamed of themselves especially when 2 of the 3 Justices as Oakvale notes are gay. We will make sure this bill sees the light of day again in the Midwest, no doubt, but for now, we have other, present and important matters to attend to in the Midwest, thank you very much.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2014, 12:58:20 AM »
« Edited: June 12, 2014, 12:52:31 PM by Midwest Representative Adam C. FitzGerald »

I'd also like to thank former Senator Snowstalker for proving he's a political opportunist. He clearly used this lawsuit for political gain and now he's going to attempt to knock me off in the next Althing election. Deplorable. That should be unconstitutional in itself, not our innocent, LGBT law. He claims to not be anti-gay, but now because of Snowstalker's selfish actions, people can viciously assault LGBT people without serious consequences and we can't provide counseling, programs and clubs to help alleviate the drop in suicides among LGBT youth. And our very own, beloved Senator TNF has backed Snowstalker and the Atlasia Supreme Court's heinous ruling. It's worth noting to that Snowstalker is running against two Althing members who are LGBT, so great to see Snowstalker express his true, anti-gay colors as if he were a Russian. Let's also remember his recent abandonment of the Labor Party as someone who was high up in the party's leadership and went off to start his own, socialistic, rebellious hoax of a party. That really shows a lack of trust and I think I speak for the Midwest when I say this is a Labor-friendly region; not a Karl Marx-friendly region.

Snowstalker is also responsible for damaging legislative time and activity with his uncalled for lawsuit, and is also planning a lawsuit against the MW Immigration & Integration Act to further scale back activity on the basis of "poor writing" and dissing our very own, hard-working Governor in saying "00:32   Snowstalker   windjambler literally just makes up numbers." Can we really elect someone who's that obstructionist? Someone who cares more about making himself look good while damaging this great region's reputation and slowing down time to debate, revise and vote on bills. Snowstalker is by no means a threat though and I'll continue to serve the great people of the Midwest to the best of my ability.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2014, 12:59:33 AM »

lel
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #67 on: June 12, 2014, 01:54:35 PM »

Two things:

1) The Labor Party is a socialist party.

2) If the Midwest is not a "Karl Marx" friendly Region, it's interesting that it's elected a Marxist and admitted communist (that would be me) to the Senate three times now.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #68 on: June 12, 2014, 02:06:42 PM »

I don't intend to make any further public or private comment on Snowstalker v. The Midwest - the Court has issued its ruling, and its judgement is final, only to point out that, Rep. Fitzgerald, if you think there may be a constitutional issue with the Northeast's recently passed FitzGerald Act, you're more than welcome to petition the Court to hear a case, as is every citizen's right.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #69 on: June 12, 2014, 02:50:17 PM »

Two things:

1) The Labor Party is a socialist party.

2) If the Midwest is not a "Karl Marx" friendly Region, it's interesting that it's elected a Marxist and admitted communist (that would be me) to the Senate three times now.
Because you want to make it one when in reality, the Labor Party will accept citizens and politicians with all ideologies left of center as long as we share a common goal towards the working and middle class and fight for liberal values. Addressing the second point, it's worth mentioning you only survived by one vote last time, Senator and it's because of people like me and former Rep. Brewer who were initially going to vote for strong campaigner and center-left Governor Lumine who you viciously attacked throughout calling a "fascist," spread lies about him, and went as far as to say in the race "I am going to win this race and rub each and every one of your faces in it. And I don't give a damn about bipartisanship, moderation, or all of those dumb buzzwords you think will win you an election." The Midwest can provide better leadership than you and I swear to God, should you win re-election, I will highly consider running against you in the primary in October and attempt to provide actual, liberal, but bipartisan leadership to the Midwest. RR1997 is running a horrible campaign, no doubt, but you very well might end up being the Eric Cantor of Atlasia. You might not see your defeat coming. Just saying.

btw, I encourage you to find whatever other communists you can to run against us for Althing next month because so far, two have announced since last night including your left-hand man who you endorsed, Snowstalker and none of them stand a chance in the world.

Hashomite is the other, and like Snowstalker, he is using his run as political leverage against the Midwest government as a whole. If I recall correctly, Hashomite has been COMPLETELY inactive in the Midwest besides writing a one-sentence, little-thought out question criticizing the MW LGBT Equality, Hate Crimes and Suicide Prevention Act and is just now declaring his candidacy. Like Snowstalker, Hashomite does not stand up for Labor values and identifies himself as "other" in political affiliation. That really doesn't help voters make a decision now does it? The only thing voters know about you so far is that you oppose a law that wouldn't tolerate school/job sexual orientation discrimination or physical or provoking hate crimes if proven and now LGBT kids considering suicide won't get the help they need.

That's why I encourage every Midwesterner to support me and Sol for re-election this July! We've both been committed to the work we've been doing for the past few months and unlike the Mideast, have been hard at work debating and passing bills that we best see fit for the region. We've gained criticism for our bill being poorly written, but keep in mind voters that there are plenty of bills that are poorly written all over Atlasia and the bill the Supreme Court struck down is just an exception. The Midwest needs honest leadership that will work across the aisle with the minority Federalist Party and that's what you can expect from us!
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #70 on: June 12, 2014, 02:52:44 PM »

Did you not see my endorsement of you in my thread?

TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #71 on: June 12, 2014, 03:35:04 PM »
« Edited: June 12, 2014, 03:38:35 PM by Senator TNF »

The Labor Party is not a socialist party because I want to "make it" a socialist party. It has, at every single convention since June 2013, ratified as part of its platform a statement that explicitly says it is a socialist party. You voted for a platform saying just that at the last Labor Party National Convention, which also nominated me for the Presidency.

If you think Lumine is a center-leftist, you are deluded. Check out every piece of legislation he has introduced so far as a member of the Senate: all of it, to varying degrees, are calls for aid and military support for far-right elements in both Ukraine and Venezula. What kind of left-winger wants to bring neo-Nazi skinheads into government in Ukraine and wants to crush the Bolivarian Revolution in Venezuela? If that's your definition of what it means to be a member of the left, then the terms "left" and "right" are completely and totally meaningless.

The fact that you would cut off your own nose to spite your face by voting to elect an empty suit, hardcore right-winger like RR1997 says more about your own insecurity than it does anything else. I have voted for you and supported you in every single one of your bids. More often than not I 1st pref'd another candidate, but I still gave you my 2nd preference, which is nothing to sneeze at in a region where getting the most 1st and 2nd preferences leads to you getting elected. I have provided you with feedback on your legislation and attempted to help you make it not only constitutional, but for that matter, legible. If you think that you will be better served in the Senate by a frothing at the mouth, right-wing empty suit like RR1997, be my guest. You talk a big game about "protecting LGBT Midwesterners" but voting for the Fedoralist nominee for Senate would be spitting in the eye of every one of them.

I on the other hand have been nothing but an ally for gay rights while in the Senate. I introduced and guided through the passage of the Transgender Rights Act. I called for gender neutrality and an end to gender segregation in my Presidential campaign, and I still thoroughly believe in both. That you would equate my opposition to a poorly written law with opposition to preventing the suicide of LGBT Midwesterners says nothing of me but says plenty
about how totally petty you are when it comes to you being held to account for producing such a poorly written law.

If you want to challenge me in October, please do so. I will mop the floor with you and crush whatever hopes you have of being a "liberal, bipartisan voice" in the Senate. I will utterly obliterate you in any contest you see fit to challenge me in, because I, unlike you, can handle public scrutiny and can also actually write legible and constitutional legislation.

But again, I do think you have a lot of talent and possible room for improvement, which is why I have endorsed you for a second term. If you'd like to continue to sh**t on that endorsement in order to court the support of the Fedoralist Party, be my guest. My endorsement still stands, and I will support you in a contest for the Althing (although I may not give you my first preference), because you are a fellow Laborite.

You would do well to take the knife out of the back of a fellow Laborite and aim it where it is actually deserved, Comrade Fitzgerald.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #72 on: June 12, 2014, 06:53:23 PM »
« Edited: June 13, 2014, 02:15:50 AM by Midwest Representative Adam C. FitzGerald »

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #73 on: June 12, 2014, 07:08:39 PM »

I don't usually agree with TNF on anything, but it should be noted that I am from the center-right, center, not really a man from the center left (expect in issues like the environment, gay rights and game reform). However, I do thank you for the kind words, Adam, and while I have harshly critized some elements of your party for some polices, I do wish to you and Sol (and Spamage, of course) the best of luck to contain Snowstalker and Hashemite from bringing madness to the Midwest and doing god knows what. We may not agree on every issue, but you have worked very well with Cris in the past, and I sure hope to see that primary challenge to TNF when it comes.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #74 on: June 12, 2014, 10:38:37 PM »

Hashomite does not stand up for Labor values and identifies himself as "other" in political affiliation

It's my right to identify as 'other' and you can't take that away from me.

(PS: learn to spell)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies