Former Office of the Midwest Governor (Closed as of January 7th, 2015)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:18:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Former Office of the Midwest Governor (Closed as of January 7th, 2015)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10
Author Topic: Former Office of the Midwest Governor (Closed as of January 7th, 2015)  (Read 23175 times)
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: June 17, 2014, 04:15:28 PM »
« edited: June 17, 2014, 05:17:48 PM by Midwest Representative Adam C. FitzGerald »

Here are my endorsements for all upcoming elections this week or within the next month or so (I'm not endorsing myself, but I do plan to run for re-election). Tongue

Endorsements

President/Vice President of Atlasia:
Pac. Governor DemPGH (L-WA)/MW Governor Windjammer (L-MN)

Regional Senators:

Northeast
Senator Bore (L-RI)

Mideast
Former Senator and Attorney General Ben (TPP-VA)

Midwest
Abstain

Pacific
Senator Tyrion (L-NM) (Not again, Flo :/)

IDS
Senator & President Pro Tempore North Carolina Yankee (F-NC)

Regional Governors

Northeast Governor
Former At-Large Senator Talleyrand (L-ME)

Mideast Governor
Abstain

Midwest Governor
MW Governor Windjammer (L-MN) (or, MW Archduke Arturo Belano (L-NE) should Windjammer be elected VP)

Pacific Governor
PA Governor DemPGH (L-WA) (or, PA Speaker Cranberry (L-BC) should DemPGH be elected President)

IDS Governor
IDS Emperor Scott (F-NC)

Regional Legislature Governments

Northeast Assembly
NE Representative SomebodyWhoExists (L-NY)
NE Representative Dr. Cynic (L-PA)

Former At-Large Senator Malcolm X (TPP-NY)

Mideast Assembly
Former Mideast Assemblyman Njall (L-MD) (If he runs)
Former Senator and Attorney General Ben (TPP-VA) (If he runs)
Former IDS Legislator Jack Enderman (F-IN)

Midwest Althing
MW Representative Sol (L-MT)
MW Representative Spamage (F-MN)

Pacific Council
PA Speaker & PA Councilor Cranberry (L-BC)
PA Councilor Flo (L-YT)

At-Large Senator Lumine (F-UT) (If he runs next time)
Game Moderator Simfan (TPP-CA) (If he runs next time)

IDS Legislature - Class A
IDS Legislator Oak Hills (I-TN)
IDS Legislator SJoyce (TPP-NC)

IDS Legislature - Class B
Abstain
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #76 on: June 17, 2014, 04:50:29 PM »

I don't think Napoleon is running for reelection to the NE Assembly
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #77 on: June 17, 2014, 05:22:59 PM »

I don't think Napoleon is running for reelection to the NE Assembly
Hmm, I could have sworn he was accepting write-ins. Guess not. o__O
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #78 on: June 20, 2014, 06:21:19 AM »
« Edited: June 20, 2014, 10:41:32 AM by Midwest Representative Adam C. FitzGerald »

Good morning Midwesterners! Smiley

Today's Election Day and a lot is at stake including who will control the Atlasian Senate after today and who will succeed The People's President Duke in the coming days. I encourage all of you to go out and show your support today for the Presidential ticket of DemPGH/Windjammer!

I also encourage all of you to cast a write-in vote or vote "None of the Above" in the Midwest Senate race because we can't allow Senator TNF to continue his blatant extremism and unwillingness to step down from the Senate. RR1997 is by no means a better alternative, but voting a write-in or NotA in the MW Senate race will be the best way to say that you want change in the Labor Party!

With that said, I'll get right to the up to date Senate and Governor results by region. These are mostly early returns. Lumine and Flo are doing an awesome job covering the Presidential race and you can check that coverage out here.

Northeast Senate: (40% turnout so far)
Senator Bore (L-RI): 59% (10 votes)
NE Speaker Deus Naturae (DR-NY): 41% (7 votes)

Mideast Senate: (29% turnout so far)
Senator DC Al Fine (F-MD): 61.5% (8 votes)
Former Mideast Assemblyman MadmanMotley (DR-IN): 23% (3 votes)
Former Senator and Attorney General Ben Constine (TPP-VA): 15% (2 votes)

IDS Senate: (33% turnout so far)
Senator North Carolina Yankee (F-NC): 56% (5 votes)
IDS Legislator Maxwell (DR-LA): 44% (4 votes)

Midwest Senate: (39% turnout so far)
Senator TNF (L-MT): 42% (5 votes)
Midwest Citizen and 200 Post Count Achiever RR1997 (F-IA): 58% (7 votes)

Pacific Senate: (27% turnout so far)
Senator Tyrion (L-NM): 12.5% (1 vote)
Secretary of External Affairs Superique (TPP-AK): 12.5% (1 vote)
Pacific Councilor Flo (NPA-YT): 75% (6 votes)

Midwest Governor: (26% turnout so far)
Midwest Governor Windjammer (L-MN): 100% (8 votes)
Write-in: Mechaman (L-IL): 0% (0 votes; Ineligible due to belonging to the Mideast region)

Northeast Governor: (17% turnout so far)
Former At-Large Senator Talleyrand (L-ME): 71% (5 votes)
Write-in: Mean Old Uncle Alfred (At-Large Senator Alfred F. Jones) (L-RI): 14% (1 vote)
Write-in: Northeast Governor Dallasfan65 (DR-NY): 14% (1 vote)

Northeast Assembly: (17% turnout so far)
NE Representative BaconBacon96 (DR-NY): 0% (0 votes)
NE Representative SomebodyWhoExists (L-NY): 43% (3 votes)
Northeast Citizen Rpryor03 (F-NJ): 14% (1 vote)
Write-in (Declared): NE Representative Dr. Cynic (L-PA): 14% (1 vote)
Write-in (Declared): Former At-Large Senator Malcolm X (TPP-NY): 0% (0 votes)
Write-in: Vice President Cincinnatus (TPP-NY): 14% (1 vote)

Write-in: NE Representative and Lieutenant Governor Napoleon (L-NY): 0% (0 votes)
Write-in: Mean Old Uncle Alfred (At-Large Senator Alfred F. Jones) (L-RI): 14% (1 vote)

IDS Legislature: (37% turnout so far)
District 1:
IDS Legislator Maxwell (DR-LA): 60% (3 votes)
Former Senator Pingvin (F-TX): 40% (2 votes)

District 2:
IDS Legislator Jbrase (DR-TN): 60% (3 votes)
Write-in: IDS Speaker Dereich (F-SC): 40% (2 votes)

*Note: Wolverine's vote will likely be discarded, so I didn't count that in the tally.
*Bold = Projected winner
*Last person to vote - Warner for Senate '14 (Ben Constine)
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #79 on: June 20, 2014, 07:08:35 AM »

No problem! Smiley

It's back up to date now with the last vote counted being yours in the General Election/NE Region threads.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #80 on: June 20, 2014, 09:13:58 AM »
« Edited: June 20, 2014, 10:03:00 AM by Midwest Representative Adam C. FitzGerald »

The first results are in for Decision 2014!

The decision desk can project 4 wins at this time: 3 are Labor, 1 is Democratic Republican.

In the Midwest, MW Governor Windjammer unanimously gets re-elected today by his constituents! A popular Governor at home, he's worked across the aisle and has put a lot of dedication into the region. He's currently running with DemPGH for President, and whatever ends up happening, this is a Labor hold.

In the Northeast, it's projected that Talleyrand, a popular, former Senator will win this seat tonight to succeed the retiring Democratic-Republican Governor Dallasfan65 who's running for Vice President alongside Presidential candidate SirNick. This is a huge pickup for the Labor Party! Down-ballot, 5 seats are being contested for the new Northeast Assembly, and the first projected winner will be incumbent SomebodyWhoExists; a Laborite who stands a pretty good chance at being the next NE Speaker. That seat will be a Labor hold in the Assembly.

And in the IDS, no surprise here, but Democratic-Republican IDS Legislator Jbrase easily gets re-elected in his new, 2nd district which contains Arkansas, Tennessee (his home state), Georgia, South Carolina, and North Carolina. No word yet if Maxwell can survive his challenger in the 1st District, but for now, Jbrase's seat shall be characterized as a Democratic-Republican hold.

Interestingly enough, this now means with Talley's win that Labor will hold 3 of the 5 Governorships in Atlasia! If DemPGH/Windjammer do get elected, they're very likely to be succeeded by two, other great Laborites in Cranberry and Arturo Belano, respectively.

All of the Senate races are characterized as too close to call, but we're getting the vote in pretty fast.
RR1997
United States

« Reply #81 on: June 20, 2014, 09:32:54 AM »

Midwest Citizen and 200 Post Count Achiever RR1997 (F-IA): 64% (7 votes)
Roll Eyes

Anyways, thank you for running this.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #82 on: June 20, 2014, 09:55:43 AM »

Two small nitpicks: you said Dallasfan is running for president with Sirnick, while he's actually running for vice president, and you have BaconBacon96 as maroon but he should be teal.

Otherwise, this looks great, and thanks for doing it!
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #83 on: June 20, 2014, 10:29:07 AM »

Two small nitpicks: you said Dallasfan is running for president with Sirnick, while he's actually running for vice president, and you have BaconBacon96 as maroon but he should be teal.

Otherwise, this looks great, and thanks for doing it!
Thanks. Those are fixed!

A few quick comments on each Senate race.

Northeast Senate - Senator Bore has had a small lead throughout and Speaker Deus just might not be able to draw the Ace he needs to win this. Fed/DR voters have nearly maxed out and Bore just needs to capitalize on this.

Mideast Senate - I'm not prepared to project it yet for DC Al Fine given there's still a lot of vote out there in the region, but Senator Al Fine is definitely favored right now to be re-elected.

IDS Senate - Really just too close to call. We might not know the results of this race until at least tomorrow.

Midwest Senate - TNF is starting to recover a little, but he's going to need a handful more Laborites to vote for him if he's going to pull this off in what literally is a veteran vs. rookie match-up.

Pacific Senate - Flo is surprisingly beginning to pull this race into his grasp, but there's still roughly 2/3rd's of Pacificians yet to vote and Labor still has the power to get Senator Tyrion the support he desperately needs.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #84 on: June 20, 2014, 10:35:27 AM »

Current IDS Speaker Dereich now has two votes to Jbrase's three votes. It certainly can not be called yet.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #85 on: June 20, 2014, 10:43:58 PM »
« Edited: July 10, 2014, 06:25:22 PM by MW Representative Adam C. FitzGerald »

Here's the new, updated results! (Sorry, I was gone most of the day).

Northeast Senate: (57% turnout so far)
Senator Bore (L-RI): 54% (13 votes)
NE Speaker Deus Naturae (DR-NY): 42% (10 votes)
Write-in: Northeast Governor Dallasfan65 (DR-NY): 4% (1 vote)

Mideast Senate: (36% turnout so far)
Senator DC Al Fine (F-MD): 44% (7 votes)
Former Mideast Assemblyman MadmanMotley (DR-IN): 25% (4 votes)
Former Senator and Attorney General Ben Constine (TPP-VA): 25% (4 votes)
Write-in: Former Mideast Assemblyman Franzl (TPP-IL): 6% (1 vote)

IDS Senate: (44% turnout so far)
Senator North Carolina Yankee (F-NC): 50% (6 votes)
IDS Legislator Maxwell (DR-LA): 50% (6 votes)

Midwest Senate: (55% turnout so far)
Senator TNF (L-MT): 53% (9 votes)
Midwest Citizen and 200 Post Count Achiever RR1997 (F-IA): 47% (8 votes)

Pacific Senate: (50% turnout so far)
Senator Tyrion (L-NM): 20% (3 votes)
Secretary of External Affairs Superique (TPP-AK): 27% (4 votes)
Pacific Councilor Flo (NPA-YT): 53% (8 votes)

Midwest Governor: (35% turnout so far)
Midwest Governor Windjammer (L-MN): 91% (10 votes)
Write-in: Mechaman (L-IL): 0% (0 votes; Ineligible due to belonging to the Mideast region)
Write-in: Senator TNF (L-MT): 9% (1 vote)

Northeast Governor: (33% turnout so far)
Former At-Large Senator Talleyrand (L-ME): 71% (10 votes)
Write-in: Mean Old Uncle Alfred (At-Large Senator Alfred F. Jones) (L-RI): 7% (1 vote)
Write-in: Northeast Governor Dallasfan65 (DR-NY): 7% (1 vote)
Write-in: Former Northeast Assemblyman Cinyc (I-NY): 7% (1 vote)
Write-in: Secretary of Federal Elections Homelycooking (I-CT): 7% (1 vote)

Northeast Assembly: (33% turnout so far)
NE Representative BaconBacon96 (DR-NY): 0% (0 votes)
NE Representative SomebodyWhoExists (L-NY): 21% (3 votes)
Northeast Citizen Rpryor03 (F-NJ): 21% (3 votes)
Write-in (Declared): NE Representative Dr. Cynic (L-PA): 14% (2 votes)
Write-in (Declared): Former At-Large Senator Malcolm X (TPP-NY): 14% (2 votes)
Write-in: Vice President Cincinnatus (TPP-NY): 7% (1 vote)[/color]
Write-in: NE Representative and Lieutenant Governor Napoleon (L-NY): 14% (2 votes)
Write-in: Mean Old Uncle Alfred (At-Large Senator Alfred F. Jones) (L-RI): 7% (1 vote)

IDS Legislature: (41% turnout so far)
District 1:
IDS Legislator Maxwell (DR-LA): 67% (4 votes)
Former Senator Pingvin (F-TX): 33% (2 votes)

District 2:
IDS Legislator Jbrase (DR-TN): 60% (3 votes) (Dropped out)
Write-in: IDS Speaker Dereich (F-SC): 40% (2 votes)

*Note: Wolverine's vote will likely be discarded, so I didn't count that in the tally.
*Bold = Projected winner
*Last person to vote - Winfield

In the IDS Legislature, I made a 2000-like gaffe and Jbrase is actually not the projected winner and is not even in the running anymore. Tongue The projection has now been reversed and it seems that Speaker Dereich will in fact win the 2nd District seat barring anything unforeseen.

No Senate race has been called yet, but right now, it's looking as though all seats (w/the exception of IDS Senate which is too close) are favored to stay in the incumbent's party control including Flo's which is a stunning upset over Sen. Tyrion, but nonetheless would be a Labor hold.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #86 on: June 20, 2014, 11:11:34 PM »

The votes left favor Yankee, but we'll see.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #87 on: June 21, 2014, 09:05:04 AM »

Adam, keep in mind that votes are simply awarded to the candidate highest on a voter's ballot who has indicated they will accept votes.

So, for example, Butafly's first preference for Alfred will be counted as a vote for me in the first round since Alfred has not indicated he will accept votes for Governor at this time.  
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #88 on: June 21, 2014, 09:11:39 AM »

Adam, keep in mind that votes are simply awarded to the candidate highest on a voter's ballot who has indicated they will accept votes.

So, for example, Butafly's first preference for Alfred will be counted as a vote for me in the first round since Alfred has not indicated he will accept votes for Governor at this time.  

And obviously my vote is for Bore.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #89 on: June 21, 2014, 12:20:18 PM »
« Edited: June 21, 2014, 01:55:06 PM by NE Rep SWE »

I think that at this point, you can safely call Napoleon for NE Assembly. At this point, whether BaconBacon96 and Dr. Cynic can both win reelection or if Mr. X beats one of them is the only question.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #90 on: July 13, 2014, 06:50:19 PM »

1) There shall be a 3 max limit on the number of bills proposed at a time.

2) There are 3 Representatives of the Althing, so a tie is unlikely, but in the case there is one such as 1 Aye, 1 Nay and 1 Abstain or 1 Aye and 1 Nay or 1 Aye and 1 Abstain or some combination of that, I will break the tie which will determine if the amendment or the bill passes.

3) Should a bill get a majority of votes (2/3) needed, I will send the bill to the Governor via his office. If the Governor vetoes the bill and if I disagree with his decision and I think it would be possible for it to be overriden, I will attempt to override his veto in the Althing where a 3/3 vote is needed to override the veto.

4) On amendments to a bill, to avoid an occasion where a simple majority is not obtained, a 48 hour limit will be set on how long the amendment can be voted on.

5) On a final version of the bill, a 72 hour limit will be set on how long the bill can be voted on, should the Speaker choose to bring it to the floor for a final vote.

6) Bills are often sat on for very long, extended periods of time with nothing getting done as of late (though that's mainly b/c currently Spamage resigned unexpectedly and Sol's busy IRL), but anyways, to avoid instances like that, I will implement either a one or two week rule on how long a bill can stay on the floor.

With the Althing starting to get back up and running, I'm just going to repost the Speaker rules for this and the upcoming session of the Althing from the OP of my campaign thread. If you guys have any other suggestions, feel free to post them here or send me a quick PM!

Hopefully, we don't have to resort towards a merge and I have a lot of faith Althing activity will improve greatly under my tenure. It will be fun working with you guys these next few months. Smiley
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #91 on: July 16, 2014, 10:33:13 PM »

Midwesterners, I encourage you all to remember this quote by Hashemite when you go to the polling place tomorrow for the Althing race.

His only contribution that he has ever made to an Althing thread to date and that's dissing on a bill that would have provided much needed assistance to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender kids considering suicide, outlawed discrimination when the intent is done on the base of their sexual orientation or gender identity, and would have established hate crime and gender bathroom laws. And yet, he unbelievably told me earlier that he would definitely be active if you guys elect him.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Don't buy into Hash's claims that he'll be a loyal, trustworthy and active Rep. A vote for Hashemite is essentially a vote for Snowstalker. Remember that.

Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #92 on: July 16, 2014, 10:54:55 PM »

This quote is proof the IRC is not the den of vipers it's paint to be.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #93 on: August 10, 2014, 06:48:32 PM »

Wow......

So in case you guys haven't seen it yet, fellow Laborite and Midwest Governor, Arturo Belano, has effectively resigned from his position after being elected to fill out VP Windjammer's term last month. Arturo certainly could have been a great Governor and our legislature had great potential in this session under him, but I thank him on his long service to this region and wish him well in his future endeavors.

Our region still has some minor setbacks with inactivity and that may have been a contributing factor to his resignation, but I'll make sure to do all I can to get an active and transparent government, even if that means supplying our queue with more bills or consulting the Midwest Constitution to justify amendments to be brought to the people for a vote or question the inactivity among certain Althing members if necessary. Shortly down the road, I do have a certain......constitutional issue to bring up with another one of our Representatives, but that's all I'll say for now.

Therefore, with former Governor Arturo Belano's resignation, an election for the open seat of Midwest Governor will be held on August 19th, 10 days from when Arturo resigned. I do intend to run for Governor on the Labor Party and if elected, I promise to bring us back to the Windjammer era of activity and common sense reforms with a continued focus on moderate and bipartisan approaches to our bills. We need a moderate in the Governor's Mansion in Cheesewhiz again who will fight for the minorities and poor and middle class!

Should I be elected Governor in the coming days, I already have someone in mind to replace me as Midwest Archduke when that time comes who I believe is highly qualified and a committed person to the region. Should there be any seats to be filled in the Althing from that point on then, feel free to PM me or state your interest in my office, but I already have one possible contender in mind.

That will be all and God bless the Most Serene Republic of the Midwest. Smiley

Thank you,
LeBron FitzGerald, Midwest Speaker of the Althing of the Most Serene Republic of the Midwest
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #94 on: August 10, 2014, 07:13:03 PM »

I missed out on a lot while I was on vacation, apparently.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #95 on: August 13, 2014, 11:48:25 PM »

Good evening, Midwesterners.

Because of the recent, stunning announcement of Arturo's resignation as Midwest Governor, I've thought long and hard and decided I won't be pulling a Josh Mandel in October. In other words, I won't be running for Senate, but rather, I will stay committed to a region whose people, government and constitution I know much better.

While TNF certainly isn't the most popular Senator in his party and many of his bills flat-out suck, I realize that a Labor primary to him would only further split the party among the true left and the moderate wing, and that TNF's threshold of power within the party cannot be overcome. I just don't have the record of being a bystander of activity in the Senate, either and seeing as how much time and pressure that's put on the Senators, I can't be devoting a lot of time to the Senate that comes in being a Senator considering my personal life.

So I won't be running now, in October, or December, and I know plenty of guys like SWE, oakvale, Simfan or TNF himself will be deeply saddened that there won't be a TNF-LeBron FitzGerald battle. However, I will heavily support and campaign for whoever the challenger is that arises to him in October as he's only become more toxic ever since June with the guillotine bill or now that he's PPT, allowing a gateway drug to be used by elected politicians on the Senate floor. I'll be more focused on continuing to revive the Midwest region with soon-to-be Archduke Cris and others if it's not revived by then already and serving the Midwest to the best of my ability.

Thank you,
LeBron FitzGerald, Midwest Speaker of the Most Serene Republic of the Midwest
GAworth
United States

« Reply #96 on: August 14, 2014, 12:03:14 AM »

*Applauds*
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #97 on: August 14, 2014, 01:19:32 PM »

Good luck with your time as Governor, Adam. Smiley
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #98 on: August 14, 2014, 06:25:24 PM »

Well, being Governor of the Midwest is not really an easy job but it can certainly be very rewarding and fun with the right circumstances and the right attitude. Having a good council is crucial indeed, and I had the advantage of having people like Cris and GAworth serving there, but I hope that you will be able to help the region with the activity problems it has faced over the last few months. It's indeed sad to see that you won't be challenging TNF, but best of luck, Adam!
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #99 on: August 15, 2014, 12:29:12 AM »

Good luck with your time as Governor, Adam. Smiley
Thanks! Cheesy

Well, being Governor of the Midwest is not really an easy job but it can certainly be very rewarding and fun with the right circumstances and the right attitude. Having a good council is crucial indeed, and I had the advantage of having people like Cris and GAworth serving there, but I hope that you will be able to help the region with the activity problems it has faced over the last few months. It's indeed sad to see that you won't be challenging TNF, but best of luck, Adam!
Oh yeah, I agree. Both are very demanding offices that require a lot of attention and activity. I'm prepared to be a very active Governor, but the Senate just doesn't seem to be for me, at least for now. Tongue
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies