Former Office of the Midwest Governor (Closed as of January 7th, 2015)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:57:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Former Office of the Midwest Governor (Closed as of January 7th, 2015)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Author Topic: Former Office of the Midwest Governor (Closed as of January 7th, 2015)  (Read 23164 times)
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: October 05, 2014, 11:00:22 PM »

Midwest Executive Order 46285 - All regional forces led by the Land, Sky and Wave Corps are hereby required to evacuate immediately from any occupied Pacific Territory, and return to their bases in the jurisdiction of the Midwest.

I'm happy to see that peace is finally at hand with the neighboring Pacific Region. We've gone a long ways and this could have gone gruesome real fast, but together, we put aside petty differences and found a way to resolve this matter without war.

For future regional safety, I can only hope we don't experience another instance like this. It's vitally important not only for regional cooperation, but to ensure that each of the five region's exists after everything's said and done and in this non-violent encounter, the Midwest and Pacific are thankfully standing strong!
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #151 on: October 06, 2014, 03:07:26 AM »

Lastly, it's come to my attention that there are now peaceful protests mostly in the eastern parts of the Midwest calling on my resignation. Let me reassure all of you, I will not be resigning from office. Some knockoff versions of Martin Luther King are not going to force me out of office with their "civil disobedience." The demands from those who have occupied Iowa are absolutely ridiculous, and I will not cave into them. They can organize peaceful protests all they want, but Iowa is under the control of the Midwest government and if they try to get their Civic Assembly to overthrow Iowa's government, the MW will be right there to stop them, so do not try anything you might regret Velasco.
x Midwest Governor LeBron FitzGerald

The territory of Moxie is mostly following the Civic Assembly and protests have spread to other territories under your nominal jurisdiction. As far as I know, your "Land, Sky and Wave Corps" don't mean anything in these lands. I've just noticed some guys smoking weed dressed in funny uniforms. While Cranberry reports were right in what regards the extent of protests, our civic movement didn't ask for your resignation yesterday.

1) Respect for the self-rule aspirations expressed by the communities represented by this Assembly, including the Native Atlasian communities living in Moxie. As well to the demands expressed by Native Atlasians and other minorities living in the rest of the territories under the MW jurisdiction.

2) Explicit renunciation to the use of force and commitment to dialogue and negotiation.

3) Explicit renunciation to introduce his personal beliefs in the MW educational system.

4) Commitment with the demands of the Five Nations.

Given that you show reluctance to dialogue, we'll likely urge you to resign soon. You must know that we are not going to comply your ukases until you give a response to our righteous demands.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #152 on: October 07, 2014, 05:28:58 AM »
« Edited: October 07, 2014, 05:43:45 AM by MW Governor LeBron FitzGerald »

A staffer comes to inform Gov. FitzGerald of all the recent SoIA news at the Governor Mansion in Cheesewhiz, South Dakota. Shortly after, the Governor releases a response from the press room of the Mansion.

Everyone, I won't go on a long partisan rant and I will get right down to it. I apologize in advance for not acting sooner on the regional crisis in Wichita. The first Section of our Midwest Constitution clearly states that the rights of the people to "Shelter, food, water, clothing, medical care, education, and healthful environs"  shall not be infringed and at the hand's of Hashemite's vicious apartheid army, he has been restricting the refugees of North Wichita from that vital aid. I'm glad to see Topeka is helping these refugees out as much as they can, but their violent action and burning of pictures of my face, but more importantly burning parts of the Kansas State Capitol is highly condemned and any who take part in that deserve to be and shall be arrested on the spot. Your voice can be heard without resorting to violence. With 70% of refugees still starving, this issue is far from solved. I appreciate Representative GAworth helping establish an aid convoy to those in Kansas. He certainly is a leader of the people and would make a phenomenal Governor in the future. Upon executive request, I ask all businesses and corporations supply any form of aid at all to help alleviate this crisis in Wichita. I will be consulting with CJO Verin to see if further action can be taken beyond this. We have not forgotten about you Wichita. We don't give up on our brothers!

In response to the peaceful protests taking place in Denver and other cities throughout the Midwest, I thank all of you for keeping it civil and non-violent and I call on all of you to keep it that way. I realize I have not been as active as I should have been and I apologize for that again as my own personal life has influenced that slight inactivity. I'm committed to the Midwest and I will listen to all of your concerns. I would never once think about deserting any fellow loyal Midwesterner and I know all of you protesters mean good will. It will get better, I can promise you that.

As for the explosion that took place on North Dakota University, my heart goes out to any fallen victims of this attack and I will be sending private investigators to go investigate this heinous act of terrorism. I'm not going to make any conclusions, but on October 4th, one of the certified locations of Provisional Chairman Snowstalker was in North Dakota. We weren't able to trust him when he sued our region for protecting the rights of the LGBT people, and we certainly aren't able to trust him now. This is not to say that I believe Snowstalker is responsible for this bombing, but he is certainly a possible suspect of it. I will wait until we know further details to take further action.

Thank you, and God Bless the Most Serene Republic of the Midwest!

Gov. LeBron FitzGerald, after taking a few questions from reporters, leaves the press room and heads back to work.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #153 on: October 11, 2014, 08:31:25 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

x LeBron FitzGerald

This bill did take a lot of hard work, debate and time on the floor of the Althing, but it was certainly worth it. Starting New Year 2015, the Midwest will be the leading region in progressive immigration reform which extends not only to illegal and legal immigrants basic rights, but also to Midwestern citizens who will be able to grow a greater acceptance of them as they become better acquainted with other languages.

Our former Governor of this great region as well as the current Archduke (and possibly future Midwest Senator) are both foreign-born, and with this piece of legislation, we will combat discrimination by all means necessary and strive for education rights, voting rights, among all else for the less advantaged people of our region!
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #154 on: October 11, 2014, 09:21:56 PM »

Now if I've learned anything from the June and August Senate elections, it's to keep my big mouth shut during them Tongue, but I'll make an exception to that this one time.

The current balance of power in the Senate will be crucial as always after the October elections, and in these specific Senate races, the Labor strong, but also moderate strong Midwest will decide who can better represent them in the Senate. The 4-term far-left incumbent Midwest Senator and Vice Chairman of the Labor Party, TNF, is running for a 5th term against a well-respected leader of the Althing, Cris. This race will be one of TNF's toughest yet, and I have no doubt both candidates will give it their all in these next few weeks.

I realize an endorsement in this race could be vital to either candidate when enthusiasm and turnout is crucial to winning in the Midwest, but I will be abstaining from providing an endorsement just as I did in June. Now I am enthusiastically behind fellow Ohioan and Laborite, former President Marokai, and I urge you all to support him as well, but I feel the more localized MW Senate race should be decided by the voters themselves and I don't want to influence their decisions.

Again, both are very strong candidates and I side with Senator TNF and Archduke Cris on various different issues, but this is a race I won't interfere in. It's choosing between standing up for a friend or standing up for the party. From my perspective, it's also choosing between a far-left, self-proclaimed Marxist and another candidate who's from the center-right. I can't make a call here.

One is a close friend while the other is in the same party as me. Both have done remarkable things for the region on a regional and federal level, respectively, with Senator TNF's recent efforts to raise the minimum wage and passing the Recall Amendment or Archduke Cris's strong activity and his crossover support for things like prohibiting the construction of private prisons and forbidding right-to-work of any form. For me to endorse one or the other candidates would be an insult to the other candidate, and I just don't feel comfortable doing that.

I wish both campaigns the best of luck, and I hope all of you in this region get out to vote this upcoming election!
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #155 on: October 14, 2014, 07:31:49 AM »

Mr Governor, this bill has passed the Althing.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #156 on: October 15, 2014, 12:07:41 PM »

Mr. Governor, this bill has passed the Althing.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #157 on: October 19, 2014, 03:02:45 PM »

Gov. LeBron FitzGerald addresses the media from the front of the Governor's Mansion in Cheesewhiz as his staff and bodyguards and citizen, Vega, are standing to the left and right of him.

Hi everyone. Thanks for all coming out today for an important announcement regarding our government's future.

A seat has opened up for the Midwest Althing, our regional legislature in Atlasia, following the resignation of the now SoIA, GAworth. First and foremost, I would like to thank former Representative GAworth for his active service to this region. You really couldn't have a legislator who was better than him.

With that aside, as Midwest Governor, I have the ability to appoint anyone to this vacant seat right now. I've gone through the list and I think I see a rising star in Vega, a moderate member of the Labor Party who's enthusiastic in the opportunity to serve this great region. As a result, I'm appointing Vega to fill this seat in the Midwest Althing. The Midwest Labor Party is one of the strongest parties in the Atlasian nation and I think we've moved one step forward with this appointment. I see a lot of strong potential in this pick and I have a feeling Vega will go far.

The 2 other legislative seats in the Althing have one that's held by a Federalist and another that's held by a Laborite. The Midwest is a Labor strong region, and speaking on their behalf, they deserve another voice in the Althing who's from this party.

In accordance with the MW Constitution, a special election is held 10 days after this appointment if the next regularly scheduled Midwest Althing election is more than 30 days from the appointment. The next Althing elections are on November 20th, so that's just barely within that requirement. I have no doubt Vega will be a strong Representative though and has the ability to win the upcoming special election.

I have another major announcement coming in the next few days. In the meantime, let's go on making the Midwest the gold standard of all Atlasia regions. I have 2 bills sitting on my desk that I'm still making a decision on, and we have plenty of new bills before the Althing that will continue to restore growth for our region.

Thank you, and I will open the floor to questions, concerns etc.!
GAworth
United States

« Reply #158 on: October 19, 2014, 09:14:39 PM »

I thank you Governor for your kind words, it was a pleasure to serve in the Althing.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #159 on: October 19, 2014, 11:32:22 PM »

At a rally in Helena, Montana, State Governor Steve Bullock introduces Midwest Governor LeBron FitzGerald as he gets cheered by the crowd; to the sound of the refrain from "On Our Way" by Royal Concept playing in the background.

What's up everyone?! There's quite a crowd we have here tonight in one of our most booming cities of all of the Midwest, Helena, Montana!

I would like to thank Governor Bullock right away for his endorsement and inviting me here today to speak to the voters of Montana. He's the kind of leader that you want to have running a state. This man is a champion of renewable energy and is a strong fighter to keep our streets safe from crime and corruption, so my hat's off to this man.

As you heard seconds ago, my campaign song is picked with a purpose. Our region is on our way back from depression we faced during the summer. We faced a crippling crisis of high unemployment and inactivity in our government as many of our government officials moved up the ladder or disappeared out of hind's sight. Many including my predecessor were recommending that we just give up and merge with the Pacific Region. I on the other hand, saw it much, much differently. I voted against the referendum for a merge because I saw optimism for a bright future in the Midwest. A merge would not only be a cheap way out, but there was no guarantee it would even solve the problem, and our region's respective leaders would come off as failures for being unable to revive each respective region from inactivity.

Ultimately, the merge failed and 3 months later from that vote, I'm proud to say the Midwest is on top. We have an active regional government once again and an economy booming at all cylinders. We survived a civil war that had our region at the epicenter losing thousands of lives in the process, and we kept our union all intact. We also had a few school shootings and explosions over these past few months. There will be those dark days, but if the past is any sign, we've overcome all those obstacles. If we all face all adversity with persistence, then there's no limit to how far we can take this region.

When you ask an Atlasian what the best region in Atlasia is, they will more often that not say the Northeast. I say we need to keep on fighting until we're #1. We have the ability to be that gold standard, that mountain on top of the hill that everyone notices. We've fought to protect our own region first and foremost and that will always be our top priority. I can extend the Midwest far beyond it's limits if given that opportunity.

I am announcing my run for re-election for a full term as Midwest Governor. Two months ago, one surprising announcement made me go from the Archduke of the Althing to the Governor of the region. I was not expecting to become Governor at all, and I'll admit I had my eye more on our regional Senate seat than I did the Governor's office. Upon becoming Governor though, we began to set our limits even higher. A new make-up of the Midwest Althing saw more debate, more reaching across party lines among several parties, and more bills being passed at a faster rate than ever before. We have a texting while driving law in place, comprehensive immigration reform, a progressive revision in our region's abortion rights laws, and most importantly more popular referendums that will allow for the people to have the final decision on certain legislation.

If re-elected, there will be agenda, and I can promise right away there would not be any fundamentalist legislation proposed by me. We will be working on expanding worker's rights even further, strengthening our gun laws and fighting once again to protect LGBT citizens, preparing ourselves for any future regional crises for emergency aid to those who desperately need it, protecting ourselves against the radical left's goals and keeping closer to the center, and revising our rules for the Althing; establishing districts, increasing the representation, and punishing legislative inactivity. We'll be doing this in a Midwest Althing that is split evenly 50/50; with 2 Federalists and 2 Laborites. If that doesn't open the door to compromise, I don't know what will.

In these next few days leading up to the Presidential race, Senate races, and our upcoming Governor race, I will be campaigning all around this region to tell all of you why four more months of me as Governor is the best option. Let's win this race for the Midwest and God bless you all!

Governor FitzGerald steps off the stage and starts to shake several citizens hands with some side conversations as the crowd begins to adjourn.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #160 on: October 20, 2014, 04:26:34 PM »

Glorious news. Needs more Midwest Serene Squirrel, though.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #161 on: October 20, 2014, 04:52:45 PM »
« Edited: October 20, 2014, 04:54:20 PM by Senator Polnut »

This is actually important... I'll give Fitz props for having avoided the question for weeks.

It's not hard really - is this your opinion or not?
GAworth
United States

« Reply #162 on: October 20, 2014, 05:38:11 PM »

Especially since these stances motivated a lot of the issues the Midwest faced during that foolishness we just had. 
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #163 on: October 24, 2014, 10:59:13 PM »

The time is here everyone! The voting booth is opened for the Atlasian Presidential Election and Regional Senate elections; whereby I'm backing Laborites former Pres. Marokai for President, former VP Windjammer for ME Senate and Senator Bore for re-election in the Northeast. I've abstained from an endorsement in the MW Senate race between Labor Senator TNF and Federalist challenger, Cris, but I know you guys will make the right choice.

Our race for Governor is also underway. Just four months ago, Windjammer was re-elected as Midwest Governor, and he's left quite a legacy on this region. He was an awesome Governor, period and someone who had a great personality all while getting things done. Unfortunately, we didn't get a chance to have a competitive election this time around for Governor, but at the same time, it also shows this region's strong trust in me as their Governor to which I'm thankful.

I hope you all choose to go to the polls in the next few days and make sure to vote straight Labor! Cheesy
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #164 on: October 24, 2014, 11:07:03 PM »

Mr Governor, this bill has passed the Althing.

Mr. Governor, this bill has passed the Althing.

Thank you, Mr. Archduke! Smiley

x LeBron FitzGerald

There's a lot of build-up of nuclear waste in the Midwest region, and this really isn't a partisan issue. It's an issue of public safety for our citizens! We need higher efficiency in cleaning up toxic waste all while we continue to progress forward in advancing our standards of renewable energy.

For those worrying about the cost of this bill, our last budget allotted over $37B for environmental concerns, and this certainly is one.

x LeBron FitzGerald

I'm actually just a little bit more reluctant to sign this bill than the previous one. I have no problem at all with making sure our government contracts are mainly Midwest-based, and almost no problems with Part II. Women aren't exactly a minority by the definition of the word though which gives me a few concerns, but it has good intent in avoiding gender discrimination.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #165 on: October 24, 2014, 11:10:34 PM »

I encourage every Midwest Voter to write-in Hash until we get a serious answer on this question.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #166 on: October 24, 2014, 11:34:56 PM »

A liberal former President of Atlasia was guest lecturing a class on Charles Darwin, known evolution advocate.

“Before the class begins, you must get on your knees and worship Darwin and accept that he was the most highly-evolved being the world has ever known, even greater than Jesus Christ!”

At this moment, a brave, bipartisan but Moderate Labor Governor who had served 1500 terms in the Althing and fully supported all decisions made by the Labor politburo stood up and held up a rock.

"How old is this rock"?

The arrogant former President smirked quite heathenly and smugly replied “4.6 billion years, you stupid Christian”

“Wrong. It’s been 5,000 years since God created it. If it was 4.6 billion years old and evolution, as you say, is real… then it should be Most Serene Squirrel by now.”

The former president was visibly shaken, and dropped his chalk and copy of The Economist. He stormed out of the room crying those liberal satanist tears.

The students applauded and all registered for Labor in the Midwast that day and accepted LeBron FitzGerald as their lord and savior. An squirrel named “#KeepingTheMidwestStrong ” flew into the room and perched atop the Atlasian Flag and shed a tear on the chalk. The lyrics to I Came To Play were read several times, and Windjammer himself showed up and enacted a $1.9 trillion dollar tolerance education program throughout the land.

The former president lost his Senate seat and degregistered the next day. He died of marijuana and was tossed into the lake of fire for all eternity.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #167 on: October 24, 2014, 11:56:39 PM »

I would really appreciate it if you guys would stop spamming my office with all of this ridiculous, thanks. Smiley

I answer to my constituents, and those of you asking about this are not citizens of the Most Serene Republic of the Midwest.

All I'll say on the matter is this: placing the evolution issue in my campaign platform I'll admit was a mistake. I'll edit that out of my platform right now, and I'll be releasing my full platform soon enough. I have no plans to force my Christian beliefs on the Midwest, either.

I grew up in a very conservative, Roman Catholic household and thankfully, I'm finished with private school. I'm currently attending a public university that doesn't force their beliefs on me. Does that mean my views will change? No guarantee on that. I take liberal stances on things like gay rights and women's reproductive rights which the church opposes, but I'm also a strong believer in God and that he created us with a purpose.

Let's not turn this into a religious debate though like you guys do with JCL, because I doubt the Midwest or anyone for that matter would want that. Tongue
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #168 on: October 25, 2014, 12:04:58 AM »

I would really appreciate it if you guys would stop spamming my office with all of this ridiculous, thanks. Smiley

I answer to my constituents, and those of you asking about this are not citizens of the Most Serene Republic of the Midwest.

All I'll say on the matter is this: placing the evolution issue in my campaign platform I'll admit was a mistake. I'll edit that out of my platform right now, and I'll be releasing my full platform soon enough. I have no plans to force my Christian beliefs on the Midwest, either.

I grew up in a very conservative, Roman Catholic household and thankfully, I'm finished with private school. I'm currently attending a public university that doesn't force their beliefs on me. Does that mean my views will change? No guarantee on that. I take liberal stances on things like gay rights and women's reproductive rights which the church opposes, but I'm also a strong believer in God and that he created us with a purpose.

Let's not turn this into a religious debate though like you guys do with JCL, because I doubt the Midwest or anyone for that matter would want that. Tongue

I think everyone enjoys a good debate.

But why did it get into the original platform?
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #169 on: October 25, 2014, 02:03:59 AM »

But why did it get into the original platform?

Maybe if we ask this another dozen times, we'll actually get an answer.

Frankly, LeBron's response raises more questions than it answers. It's disturbing that any candidate for regional office would even consider removing the basic tenets of modern science from school curricula.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #170 on: October 25, 2014, 06:33:08 PM »

I respect the answer, my whole thing is why the sudden dyed in the clothe Labor fanatic? This conversion is amusing.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #171 on: October 25, 2014, 06:44:26 PM »

I respect the answer, my whole thing is why the sudden dyed in the clothe Labor fanatic? This conversion is amusing.

Fear of a primary challenge I assume.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #172 on: October 25, 2014, 06:53:04 PM »

So do you personally support abortion?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #173 on: October 25, 2014, 09:59:40 PM »

Wait, are you saying that you're a pro-choice creationist here?
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #174 on: October 25, 2014, 10:39:18 PM »

Wait, are you saying that you're a pro-choice creationist here?

It's deeply confused... but as the person who bankrolls Most Serene Squirrel... this is no shock.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies