Former Office of the Midwest Governor (Closed as of January 7th, 2015) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:15:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Former Office of the Midwest Governor (Closed as of January 7th, 2015) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Former Office of the Midwest Governor (Closed as of January 7th, 2015)  (Read 23241 times)
GAworth
United States

« on: August 14, 2014, 12:03:14 AM »

*Applauds*
GAworth
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 12:35:12 AM »

As stated in my thread:

Endorsed for Governor
GAworth
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 10:17:54 AM »

Thank you Governor!
GAworth
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 08:44:38 PM »

Most Serene Squirrel begins to breakdance on the floor to music that begins to play in the background as Governor FitzGerald walks off his podium.[/center]
LeBronFitzGerald for president
Agreed, who can beat a break dancing squirrel. Fitzgerald/Fitzy
GAworth
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 10:32:35 AM »

It certainly is one of the more interesting and flushed out pages.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Best line!
GAworth
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2014, 05:13:58 PM »

I....wasn't finished editing everything on there yet for that section, but thanks so much for taking the opportunity to air that to the public Nix. Sad

Governor . . . that is why they have word documents, so you can flush out your ideas and then copy and paste on to the wiki/post. That it was I do when I edit things like that.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2014, 09:14:39 PM »

I thank you Governor for your kind words, it was a pleasure to serve in the Althing.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2014, 05:38:11 PM »

Especially since these stances motivated a lot of the issues the Midwest faced during that foolishness we just had. 
GAworth
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2014, 06:33:08 PM »

I respect the answer, my whole thing is why the sudden dyed in the clothe Labor fanatic? This conversion is amusing.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2014, 11:59:11 PM »

As a young man of the South, I know what Jim Crow is, I understand the devastating and terrible repercussions. You clearly have no clue what Jim Crow is about if you believe that creating districts is Jim Crow. Also you believed the bill was a good idea. If you say you have changed your mind about that too, then I have to ask, "what do you stand for?"
GAworth
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2014, 12:19:04 PM »

I would like to take the time to personally congratulate every winning Senate candidate in the At-Large races including two fellow Laborites Lief and SWE, the Archduke of our region Cris, and well-esteemed leaders Bacon King and Polnut. It's great to know we're about to have a Senate that's ready to really test the President's ability to work with the Labor Party.

I have no doubt Lief and SWE will be phenomenal freshmen Senators and I look forward to seeing where they stand on some of this divided legislation. I think they have great leaders to look up to and follow in their footsteps in the other 3 Labor Senators. We have Bore who has a lot of experience and leads the Senate, Windjammer whose worked on expanding our party's members and significantly helped in passing an amendment to our Constitution that will better help protect our citizens from firearms and explosives, and TNF our party chair whose stood firm in defending the Civil Rights Act which I think has the votes to pass now and thus ensure equality across our country.

Oh and with Cris set to leave for the Senate, that leaves us with the question of who will be the next Archduke. Well, here's what the Constitution says on the matter:

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Our President pro tempore of the Althing is Vega, and will take over the duties as the Archduke temporarily, until we determine in the special election who the next Archduke is. I personally encourage him to run in the special election for the office, but that's ultimately his choice.

I would hope we get someone who's prepared to make continued progress in the Althing. We definitely need an Archduke willing to extend debate, and offer more pieces of legislation on the floor at one time.

The Archduke position definitely deserves voting power as well, and I have an amendment I'll be proposing later tonight to our legislation thread that will increase Althing representation by 2 members - 1 extra Most Serene Representative At-Large, and 1 - the Archduke At-Large who should have the right to take part in the debate and voting process. We've shown over these past few months that we have what it takes to have competitive elections, and I believe we're ready to expand our legislature and representation to our citizens.

Now should one of the Althing members run in the Archduke special election, that will leave open an Althing seat. Just to reiterate, we are a Labor-supporting region, and when the time comes, I'll appoint someone who best represents our region.

Duly noted.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2014, 08:39:29 PM »

I accept the results, I just am shaking my head over the fact that the hackery, something he said he would stop, is continuing. If I ran and won, which is a big if, he would replace a non-laborite without even consulting them, with someone from the Labor Party. That is what saw and duly noted, that's all.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2015, 05:35:32 PM »

Something I have been thinking for a few days now.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies