Former Office of the Midwest Governor (Closed as of January 7th, 2015) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:44:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Former Office of the Midwest Governor (Closed as of January 7th, 2015) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Former Office of the Midwest Governor (Closed as of January 7th, 2015)  (Read 23231 times)
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« on: December 29, 2013, 11:02:54 PM »

what is that hideous cartoon-thing in your sig
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 11:22:45 PM »

i mean that's great but the cartoon and its dead eyes are creeping me out.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 09:04:58 AM »

People leaving regions because of the results of one election is one of the major problems with Atlasia.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 09:34:18 AM »

People leaving regions because of the results of one election is one of the major problems with Atlasia.

There's a permanent right-wing majority in the Mideast. That's not likely to change anytime soon.

Certainly not if left-wingers keep fleeing the region in protest.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 10:23:38 AM »

There's a permanent right-wing majority in the Mideast. That's not likely to change anytime soon.

Certainly not if left-wingers keep fleeing the region in protest.
It's not like it really matters that much. The latest PJ poll shows the Mideast would rather have JCL as the next Mideast Senator rather than Snowstalker which shows this region is doomed. Adam Griffin said it himself a few weeks ago that the Labor force that once existed in this part of Atlasia is no longer present.

The Feds have the IDS and the Mideast while Labor has the Midwest and Pacific, and it's going to be really hard for any of that to change. Simple as that.

Please, Ben lost big in every poll ever taken and went on to win re-election as Senator for the Mideast each time. Snowstalker has his flaws but I'm pretty sure he'll beat JCL when it comes down to it.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2014, 04:23:54 AM »

What is wrong with this region? Are you going to legislate for equal rights for cartoon ponies and gremlins next?
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2014, 02:06:42 PM »

I don't intend to make any further public or private comment on Snowstalker v. The Midwest - the Court has issued its ruling, and its judgement is final, only to point out that, Rep. Fitzgerald, if you think there may be a constitutional issue with the Northeast's recently passed FitzGerald Act, you're more than welcome to petition the Court to hear a case, as is every citizen's right.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2014, 01:19:32 PM »

Good luck with your time as Governor, Adam. Smiley
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2014, 06:42:16 PM »

KILL... ME...
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2014, 11:34:56 PM »

A liberal former President of Atlasia was guest lecturing a class on Charles Darwin, known evolution advocate.

“Before the class begins, you must get on your knees and worship Darwin and accept that he was the most highly-evolved being the world has ever known, even greater than Jesus Christ!”

At this moment, a brave, bipartisan but Moderate Labor Governor who had served 1500 terms in the Althing and fully supported all decisions made by the Labor politburo stood up and held up a rock.

"How old is this rock"?

The arrogant former President smirked quite heathenly and smugly replied “4.6 billion years, you stupid Christian”

“Wrong. It’s been 5,000 years since God created it. If it was 4.6 billion years old and evolution, as you say, is real… then it should be Most Serene Squirrel by now.”

The former president was visibly shaken, and dropped his chalk and copy of The Economist. He stormed out of the room crying those liberal satanist tears.

The students applauded and all registered for Labor in the Midwast that day and accepted LeBron FitzGerald as their lord and savior. An squirrel named “#KeepingTheMidwestStrong ” flew into the room and perched atop the Atlasian Flag and shed a tear on the chalk. The lyrics to I Came To Play were read several times, and Windjammer himself showed up and enacted a $1.9 trillion dollar tolerance education program throughout the land.

The former president lost his Senate seat and degregistered the next day. He died of marijuana and was tossed into the lake of fire for all eternity.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2014, 03:39:31 AM »
« Edited: November 25, 2014, 07:16:46 AM by oakvale »

Should oakvale be recalled for managing a political party, constantly engaging in partisan discussions and consistently offering judicial opinion all under the guise of "I'm not acting in my official capacity as SC Justice right now"?

I'm not particularly invested, personally, in the fate of the Midwest gubernatorial office, but...

I'm not at all clear on whether the Supreme Court can issue judgements on a regional constitution, particularly when the Midwest has its own judiciary, but please offer a single other instance in which I've offered any form of judicial opinion, let alone "consistently" done so.

As for the former point I'd again ask what I asked DemPGH when he made his flimsy case for recusal in Averroes v. TNF - point out a single decision I have participated in that was in any way influenced by my partisan politics. I'll again note that quite literally all the decisions I've authored have been unanimous judgements.

When Nix granted me the honour of an appointment to the Supreme Court, I made him one promise - that I wouldn't let him down. I would hope that he continues to believe he made the right decision. The role of Supreme Court Justice is something I take very seriously, and I'm not fond of the insinuation that I use that exalted position for partisan gain.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2014, 10:52:53 AM »
« Edited: December 21, 2014, 12:49:56 PM by oakvale »

LeBron just FYI you're not supposed to openly announce that you'll appoint someone because of their partisan affiliation. You could have literally just said "I'll appoint the person who best represents the Midwest" or whatever, went ahead and appointed some Labor guy, and no one would have cared. Politicking 101.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies