Former Office of the Midwest Governor (Closed as of January 7th, 2015) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:50:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Former Office of the Midwest Governor (Closed as of January 7th, 2015) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Former Office of the Midwest Governor (Closed as of January 7th, 2015)  (Read 23242 times)
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« on: December 30, 2013, 06:54:32 AM »

What is your position on regional consolidation?
In the current state of things, we surely do need to consolidate some of these regions. The Pacific region is on its last legs with a lack of activity and needs to join with another region in order to survive while the Mideast itself does not have enough differentiating political ideology or diversity so that's definitely another region that needs to merge or be redistricted at least. I would support 4 or maybe even 3 regions in this issue and would foremost work to try and save the Pacific somehow from the disaster that they're currently in.

3 out of 5 members of the legislature are left of center...
True, but the point is that the Federalists have had control of the Mideast for I think years now. If the Mideast were redistricted to include say, Minnesota, then this could be a very competitive region for sure.

The Mideast has had governors who considered themselves conservatives for years while the composition of the Mideast Assembly has undergone various changes. It's always hard to predict the outcome of our regional elections. That's what makes the Mideast such an exciting region.

As for the second point you have raised, I'm fine with that under the condition that the Midwest and the Mideast, the two relevant regions in this scenario, vote in favor of such a change in boundaries. Regions should not be changed or even dissolved against the explicit wishes of their own citizens, which is why I am opposed to the "Fix the Regions Amendment" in its current form.

Anyway, I encourage you to run for the Assembly because that would make for an interesting clash of political philosophies and ideologies.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 01:16:01 PM »

Governor, I'd like to direct your attention to this thread.

- A.G. ZuWo
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies