Former Office of the Midwest Governor (Closed as of January 7th, 2015) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:11:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Former Office of the Midwest Governor (Closed as of January 7th, 2015) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Former Office of the Midwest Governor (Closed as of January 7th, 2015)  (Read 23229 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« on: December 29, 2013, 11:00:20 PM »

What is your position on regional consolidation?
In the current state of things, we surely do need to consolidate some of these regions. The Pacific region is on its last legs with a lack of activity and needs to join with another region in order to survive while the Mideast itself does not have enough differentiating political ideology or diversity so that's definitely another region that needs to merge or be redistricted at least. I would support 4 or maybe even 3 regions in this issue and would foremost work to try and save the Pacific somehow from the disaster that they're currently in.

3 out of 5 members of the legislature are left of center...
Elections as of late have been rather close between the right and left as well. Folks overestimate how conservative the Mideast is.

Yeah, the Midwest is still Labor stronghold (though less so), the South is far more conservative and the Pacific has a Labor-NMAM majority. Along with the Northeast, the Mideast is the most diverse region in terms of voters and party strength.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 07:08:39 PM »

I don't usually agree with TNF on anything, but it should be noted that I am from the center-right, center, not really a man from the center left (expect in issues like the environment, gay rights and game reform). However, I do thank you for the kind words, Adam, and while I have harshly critized some elements of your party for some polices, I do wish to you and Sol (and Spamage, of course) the best of luck to contain Snowstalker and Hashemite from bringing madness to the Midwest and doing god knows what. We may not agree on every issue, but you have worked very well with Cris in the past, and I sure hope to see that primary challenge to TNF when it comes.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 06:25:24 PM »

Well, being Governor of the Midwest is not really an easy job but it can certainly be very rewarding and fun with the right circumstances and the right attitude. Having a good council is crucial indeed, and I had the advantage of having people like Cris and GAworth serving there, but I hope that you will be able to help the region with the activity problems it has faced over the last few months. It's indeed sad to see that you won't be challenging TNF, but best of luck, Adam!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 10:19:17 AM »

Well, Adam, you certainly have my most sincere gratitude for your preference in the election (I know it probably wasn't easy) and my support on your endeavours to bring the Midwest back. And of course, congratulations on a great speech and a great pick for the Althing as well!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 10:03:58 AM »
« Edited: November 25, 2014, 10:15:10 AM by President LumineVonReuental »

Should Lumine be impeached from office because he subscribes to awful parody YouTube accounts that make racist jokes and describe Bachelet as being literally worse than Pinochet?

Not I want to participate actively in the massive debate, but, what are you talking about?

EDIT: Please don't tell me you actually took the job of looking at what I do outside the forum...
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 05:25:59 PM »

Should Lumine be impeached from office because he subscribes to awful parody YouTube accounts that make racist jokes and describe Bachelet as being literally worse than Pinochet?

Not I want to participate actively in the massive debate, but, what are you talking about?

EDIT: Please don't tell me you actually took the job of looking at what I do outside the forum...

Sounds like something Griff would totally do.

Many months ago, I was trying to track down these videos that Lumine had posted for a good laugh with someone, but couldn't find them through the forum. I searched for "LumineVonReuental YouTube" and, lo and behold, the first link on there is to his (personal) YouTube account. I didn't realize he had a separate account for them at first, so a quick scrolling down in pursuit of the videos through his activity feed and a couple of clicks here and there (combined with my Spanish fluency, even if Chilean isn't a real language) innocuously revealed what I posted.

Don't take this wrong, Griffin, but for god's sake take some time off the game.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies