2008 Republican Primary Maps
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:46:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2008 Republican Primary Maps
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2008 Republican Primary Maps  (Read 984 times)
KingJames23
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 15, 2005, 04:10:09 PM »

Any predictions on what the GOP Primary map will look like in 2008?
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2005, 04:12:36 PM »

Anybody running for sure?
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2005, 04:21:48 PM »
« Edited: March 15, 2005, 04:24:55 PM by Frodo »

i imagine Jeb Bush, Mark Sanford, Rick Santorum, and George Allen are definitely in the running.  i am not entirely sure about John McCain, since he said he is going to retire from his Senate seat after the end of his current term -from that, i extrapolated that given his advanced age, that he probably is going to retire from public life in general once his Senate term ends. 

Rudy Giuliani has been mentioned for some reason or other that he is going to run, though i don't see why he would -he has no chance of winning any primary except maybe those few isolated ones in the northeast, and even there is iffy if the heavy-weights like Jeb Bush and Mark Sanford are running.  the same applies to Colin Powell.

Condoleeza Rice for sure -she hasn't ruled the prospect of her running.  i just don't expect the base of the Republican Party to be enlightened enough to vote for a black woman who isn't all that conservative to begin with (most of the base of the Republican Party are essentially refugees from the Democratic Party, like Dixiecrats who left when the Party turned against segregation) -which isn't saying much for the Democratic Party either, though Rev. Jesse Jackson has made more of an impression on it than Condi ever will on the Republican Party since he had a better chance of winning.  i think she is overrated as a candidate since she has never run for an elected office before -and i say the same for Wesley Clark last year.   

i can't think of anyone else at this point in time.   
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2005, 04:25:34 PM »

Jeb Bush is definitely not running. He knows as well as everyone else that the country needs a break from the Bush family.

He'd make a good majority leader is he can bump off Nelson in 2006.
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2005, 05:35:48 PM »

Jeb Bush is definitely not running. He knows as well as everyone else that the country needs a break from the Bush family.

He'd make a good majority leader is he can bump off Nelson in 2006.

He also said he wasn't running against Nelson, either.

I find it hard to believe he's just quitting politics entirely...so if he's not running against Nelson, he's gotta be running for President.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies