The Office of Senator LumineVonReuental (A Farewell to the Senate)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:25:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of Senator LumineVonReuental (A Farewell to the Senate)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11
Author Topic: The Office of Senator LumineVonReuental (A Farewell to the Senate)  (Read 15947 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 30, 2013, 11:03:20 PM »
« edited: November 06, 2014, 04:46:16 PM by President-Elect Lumine »

Announcement Speech:

December 31st, 2013:
Midwest Governor LumineVonReuental announces Senate bid against incumbent Senator TNF.

Good day, my fellow Midwesterners.

I think that my life in Atlasia proves the point that things can change very quickly within a single year. I joined this nation back in December, and several months had to pass until I finally chose to run for office. It has been a long road. From Assemblyman to Archduke, from Governor to Presidential Candidate, I have fought elections across the Mideast, the Midwest and the federal stage, and I had my share of victories and defeats, some of them landslides, others crushing failures. I am a man (a very young man, though) who loves this game, and I enjoy almost every aspect of it, in light of the endless possibilities it offers. Right now I stand close to my Governor’s desk, and I can see that this has been a successful trip. I have executive experience, legislative experience and I have been involved in caucuses and newspapers. It’s a considerable amount of experience that, while not perfect, is much needed for my next move.

I thought about it since the end of November. What should I do? Should I run for reelection? Should I go for the White House again? Should I take a chance for At-Large or Regional Senate? I chose not to run for reelection for I believe in renovation. My predecessor served for about six months, and so will I. We now have several candidates who would be great Governors. I also decided to end my term instead of jumping to another office; since I am committed to the people of this region for the opportunities it has given me, which is why At-Large Senator was a non-started. Another Presidential campaign was considered, but I’ll make this very clear: I am not running for President in February, under no circumstances. That left me with a single option, and it convinced me right away. I want to go to the next step, ladies and gentlemen, so yes. I am challenging Senator TNF for the Midwest Regional Senate seat! LumineVonReuental goes to Nyman!

I spoke before about experience and record, and those are things that are crucial when facing my opponent. Senator TNF, for better or worse, it’s one of the most known figures in the political stage, an active voice for the Labor Party and a man who embodies clearly defined ideals. And here goes Lumine, the supposedly moderate hero-Governor wimp who only signs bills and writes articles. But I strongly believe that said view is false. I speak too fast and I make mistakes, perhaps, but just like any other Atlasian. During my term the Midwest has fought unemployment back, we (the full regional government) have increased activity levels, we fought for a better environment, we tried our best to be responsible with our budget, and we improved the lives of all Midwesterners. How? By working together. Ilikeverin, Thomas D, Windjammer, GAworth, Maxwell, Cris, Arturo Belano and I chose to work and compromise instead of creating chaos via bitter partisan fights. We did what every government should do: we represented our citizens and constituents. We did something for everybody; we fought for Laborites, Progressives, Federalists, Liberals, Independents and yes, even members of the NM-AM (soon to be Cultural Marxist Party).

Senator TNF has my respect for being an active officeholder who maintains a good level of debate and responsibility on the Senate, but I believe he has a fatal flaw. He does not represent the interests of the region in a truly accurate way. This would be impossible to say if he was an At-Large Senator, but the reason we have Regional Senators is to actually keep regional voices on the Senate. Either via calling his opponents fascists, via attacking the other parties for the mistake of the week, via criticizing Federalists for any bills that are not centrist or leftist, or via supporting Xahar’s antics on the Senate and calling measures to expel him an “assault on democracy”, he has not been able to truly address the concerns of this region in ways that, for example, Maxwell did or Tmthforu is doing right now as At-Large Senator. Some of you might say that there is not such a big contrast as there actually was between Rooney and TNF during the last election, but I’m here to prove people wrong, just as I tried to do as Governor and Presidential candidate. I want to be a Senator, an active Senator that fights for the beliefs of his region’s citizens while being able to work with other parties. I have a record of activity and compromise, and I intend to show and prove just that. This is the greatest challenge I have ever taken in Atlasia, and I will act accordingly. I created a thread for that very same reason, for here you are going to see a lot of movement. Speeches, videos, pictures, platforms, proposals, discussions, I am going to make a real commitment to this race. Debates are something I want as well, and I want lots of them!  

I expect to have a very active race against our current Senator, and I hope that we will able to discuss our points of view and give this region a race to remember. There’s no better way to prove how active the Midwest is than with a good old fashioned political race to the death! I call for all citizens to join this effort and help me get to Nyman, where I expect to make a difference and improve our system in any possible way. I ask the people of all parties to take a stand for compromise, not because we are “moderate heroes” or “wimps”, but because we believe in the need for teamwork.

Ladies and gentlemen, with less than two months left all I can say is…

Let the campaign begin!

LumineVonReuental, Candidate for the Senate of Atlasia.

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 11:04:18 PM »
« Edited: February 20, 2014, 09:30:28 PM by Midwest Governor Lumine »

Endorsements:

-Progressive Union of Atlasia
-Federalist Party of Atlasia
-Democratic-Republican Party
-Radical Gay Party
-Former President and Senator Tmthforu94 (Fed-KS)
-Former President and Registar General Fritz (Lab-MN)
-Secretary of Exterior Affairs Superique (Pro-NV)
-Secretary of Interior Affairs GAworth (Pro-SD)
-Mideast Governor Elect Spiral (DR-MO)
-At-Large Senator Goldwater (Fed-DE)
-Former Northeast Senator and Governor and IDS Representative Scott (Pro-AR)
-Former At-Large Senator and Vice-Presidential candidate Maxwell (Fed-OK)
-Former Pacific Governor and Presidential candidate Spamage (Fed-MN)
-Pacific Governor PJ (Pro-AZ)
-Mideast Governor Zuwo (Fed-KY)
-Midwest Representative and Pollster Cris (Fed-CO)
-Pacific Councilor and Senate Candidate Flo (Pro-AK)
-Mideast Assemblyman DC al Fine (Fed-MD)
-Mideast Assemblyman JCL (Fed-IN)
-IDS Representative Small L (DR-TX)
-IDS Representative Jack Enderman (Fed-FL)
-Former IDS Representative JerryArkansas (Fed-WV)
-Former Midwest Senate Candidate Rooney (Fed-IA)
-Pacific Council Candidate Devin (Fed-WA)
-Citizen TheRileyKeaton (Fed-WV)

The Candidate:

Political History:

-One-term Mideast Assemblyman (March-May 2013)
-One-term Midwest Archduke (June-September 2013)
-Chairman of the Institutional Caucus (June-July 2013)
-Vice-Chair of the Union of National Democrats (July 2013)
-One and a half-term Midwest Governor (September 2013 – February 2014?)
-Spamage’s Vice Presidential running mate (September 2013)
-Presidential nominee of the Progressive Union (October 2013)
-Writer for the Record-Courier (December 2013 - ¿?)
-Shadow President of the Progressive Union (December 2013 - ¿?)

Political Parties:

-Independent (December 2012 – June 2013)
-Union of National Democrats (June-July 2013)
-Civic Union (July-August 2013)
-Progressive Union (August 2013 - ¿?)

Most Significant Accomplishments:

-Getting elected to the Mideast Assembly as an independent (Note: Failed to secure reelection though).
-Reforming the legislative system of the Midwest.
-24% of the vote in the October Presidential Election along with SoIA Superique.
-Was involved in the Midwest Economic Renaissance and the surge in activity.

Further References:

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 11:07:33 PM »

Endorsed. You've been a very solid Governor, and you could be useful in the Senate.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 11:09:02 PM »

You have been a great Governor and mentor. Endorsed.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 11:38:36 PM »

Endorsed!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2013, 11:40:30 PM »

Endorsed. You've been a very solid Governor, and you could be useful in the Senate.

You have been a great Governor and mentor. Endorsed.

Thank you very much!
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2013, 11:41:38 PM »

Across the aisle endorsement!
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2013, 11:49:28 PM »

ENDORSED!!!!
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2013, 12:04:57 AM »

Endorsed!!!  The Midwest needs a real leader. Smiley
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2013, 12:07:02 AM »

You have my full endorsement. Smiley
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2013, 12:07:40 AM »

Endorsed, you've got my vote.  Smiley
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2013, 12:49:14 AM »

You've been a great Governor, and I know you could make some positive contributions in the Senate. You have my endorsement! Smiley
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2013, 01:06:25 AM »

Thanks to all of you! Glad to see DR and Federalist support!

Endorsed!!!  The Midwest needs a real leader. Smiley

Thanks, PJ and Scott!

Mr. RG, you have no idea how thankfull I am!

You've been a great Governor, and I know you could make some positive contributions in the Senate. You have my endorsement! Smiley

Thanks for all your help, Senator!
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2013, 03:45:13 AM »

We obviously differ on the issue of regional consolidation but I am convinced that you will do a fine job representing the people of the Midwest if elected. You will bring a high level of activity coupled with civility and respect towards your political opponents to the Senate. Therefore, you have my cross-regional endorsement.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2013, 04:09:41 AM »

ENDORSED!
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2013, 06:09:25 AM »

I have no doubts that you will be a great Senator! Strongly Endorsed!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2013, 11:33:04 AM »

We obviously differ on the issue of regional consolidation but I am convinced that you will do a fine job representing the people of the Midwest if elected. You will bring a high level of activity coupled with civility and respect towards your political opponents to the Senate. Therefore, you have my cross-regional endorsement.

Thank you Governor, it means a lot!

I have no doubts that you will be a great Senator! Strongly Endorsed!

Thanks, Cris and Superique!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2013, 11:55:24 AM »
« Edited: December 31, 2013, 12:01:24 PM by Midwest Governor Lumine (PRO-MT) »

The Race is On!:

December 31st, 2013:
At the Campaign HQ volunteers are already working half time (before tonight's New Years Eve Party), and the race has begun:

Woah, I have to say I feel pretty good about my chances! Less than twelve hours after my announcement I have the support of thirteen Atlasians, all of them great officeholders and some of them colleagues of the Senator. This is not as partisan as you might believe, though, I enjoy the endorsements of Laborites, Federalists, Progressives, Democratic-Republicans and Independents alike. I believe this proves my point about the need for further compromise, and I think my opponent should begin to worry, for I plan on delivering a race to remember!

Speaking of Senator TNF, it looks like I managed to make him mad again... How did he called me? "A centrist do-nothing?", "Someone who has written many articles but contributed little, if anything, to debates in the Althing and has sponsored almost nothing in way of real legislation?" Or my favourite: "A sell out to the Federalist Party". Senator, please, I know you have an urge to attack political opponents, but if you are going to do so at least make attacks based on reality. The only accusation of which I'm guilty is of being a centrist, ladies and gentlemen. I am a proud centrist and a moderate in most issues, but being a centrist does not mean that I do not take stands on the issues. I am for using stimulus instead of austerity to save our economy, I stand for regional reform, I want changes in foreign policy and I have strong social views. I'm sorry for not being an extremist, Senator!

He also thinks I'm a do nothing person. He even pointed out that my only accomplishment has been the Speed Limits Act on the Mideast (which I also sponsored in the Midwest). Senator, I recently introduced a bill that corrects many problems with the claims of our region, with the purpose of solving our dilemmas with the Pacific. I sponsored reform of our Constitution, including six amendments that would close loopholes and send our region towards a better state. As Governor I try to be involved in debate, but debate for me is to freely discuss our ideas while still behaving like gentlemen, not calling the other side fascists if you disagree with them.

I'd like to think that you have a choice between styles of governance which is crucial to Atlasia. You have a choice between both equally active candidates, yes, but think about this. Senator TNF got his bills passed after fighting with the entire Senate (with the exception of former Senator Xahar) and after probably causing more gridlock. Don't you think that a Senator with the ability to actually listen and compromise is more likely to get things done?

Well, of course I'd like to keep talking about this for hours and hours, but I'll leave that to the debates. Stay tuned, folks, for I plan on releasing campaign ads on Youtube very soon!
Rooney
United States

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2013, 03:53:04 PM »

Governor you have my vote and my endorsement. Good luck to you!
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2013, 04:27:04 PM »

Endorsed. Will be the easiest choice I've ever made in an election.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2013, 04:40:23 PM »

ENDORSED!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2013, 04:48:25 PM »

Senator TNF seems to think people who don't support him or approve of the job he's doing (Only 1 in 6 Midwesterners approve in the latest poll) because they are out to get him or just think he's too liberal, and that's not it. I've given favorable marks to very liberal folks in the past, as well as to people I don't necessarily care for. In fact, I've voted "approve" several times of the Senator. The reason folks are primarily disapproving of him is because of his style and how he conducts himself - the only people who seem to enjoy working with him are those who agree with him on just about everything.
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2013, 05:25:59 PM »

What's this? An endorsement from Jack Enderman! Like what Spamage said...
Will be the easiest choice I've ever made in an election.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2013, 05:40:00 PM »

Governor you have my vote and my endorsement. Good luck to you!

I'm honored to have your support, Rooney, thanks!

Endorsed. Will be the easiest choice I've ever made in an election.

Thank you, Jerry and Spamage, to the victory I go!

What's this? An endorsement from Jack Enderman! Like what Spamage said...
Will be the easiest choice I've ever made in an election.

Thank you very much, Jack!

Senator TNF seems to think people who don't support him or approve of the job he's doing (Only 1 in 6 Midwesterners approve in the latest poll) because they are out to get him or just think he's too liberal, and that's not it. I've given favorable marks to very liberal folks in the past, as well as to people I don't necessarily care for. In fact, I've voted "approve" several times of the Senator. The reason folks are primarily disapproving of him is because of his style and how he conducts himself - the only people who seem to enjoy working with him are those who agree with him on just about everything.

Indeed. It is my belief that being a good Senator does not only involve introducing bills, it also involves the ability to get things done, the will to compromise and the honesty to acknowledge that there are other ways to see the issues, and that your answer may not be the only correct answer. The voters seem to agree, since despite his statements on being the man of the people and his many initiatives, his approval ratings are horrible. I support people from both sides of the aisle as well, and it annoys me when that is viewed as negative "moderate heroism with a touch of supposed fascism".
GAworth
United States

« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2013, 07:25:18 PM »

He also forgot the amendments you put forward last session as well. He enjoys not debating people but attacking them. It is quite sad actually, I respect TNF, I agree with him from time to time, but I want a statesman, not an attacker.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies