The Office of Senator LumineVonReuental (A Farewell to the Senate)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:54:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of Senator LumineVonReuental (A Farewell to the Senate)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11]
Author Topic: The Office of Senator LumineVonReuental (A Farewell to the Senate)  (Read 15944 times)
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: September 08, 2014, 02:36:37 PM »

You shouldn't use the word "Update" followed by roman numerals in your thread titles.  Smiley
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #251 on: September 08, 2014, 02:46:54 PM »

You shouldn't use the word "Update" followed by roman numerals in your thread titles.  Smiley

I realized that after I started using the numerals, but I guess I have grown rather fond of them... I think I'll switch to another style if I eventually change my office thread, xD (this one already has nine months after all)

Thank you very much!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #252 on: September 08, 2014, 02:47:59 PM »

Update XX: Going to  Kenya

HAHAHAHA
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #253 on: September 14, 2014, 08:17:21 PM »

Victory!

Well, it was a close election after all, but I want to thank my colleagues for electing me as the 22nd (if the wiki is right) President Pro Tempore of the Senate. I hope to be able to serve as best as I can, for this is a rather demanding position. As of now I have already updated the Noticeboard and I have solved the most pressing matters regarding amendments, and while my work is bound to be a bit disorganized on the first days I expect to have most issues organized at the end of the week. I will try to start to update the wiki today as well, but that might depend on much time I have available. So far my priority is creating the pages for the Sixtieth, Sixty-First and Sixty-Third Senates, which for some reason do not exist at the moment, making it harder to do any type of research.

I am not a fan of some parts of the style used during the past session, so I can confirm that I do not plan to use Directives to regulate some aspects of the Senate. I don't see the need to regulate salaries, unions, marijuana or honor some interesting people like Vladimir Lenin, so you can trust me not to try something like that during this Senate session, I don't feel that such a thing is necessary. Now, most of the earlier Directives were already halted by Secretary of Internal Affairs Hagrid, but just to be on the safe side here goes my first and hopefully last Senate Directive:

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Since I used to be an Archduke and a Midwest resident for quite a while I must confess I felt inclined to rename my position as "Princeps Senatus" to honor the great historical figures that led the Roman Senate during crucial times, men like Quintus Fabius Maximus, Marcus Aemilius Scaurus or Marcus Tullius Cicero, but in the end I guess common sense won that battle, so President Pro Tempore it is. I hope this will be an invigorating and enthusiastic session, and judging for the debate we've seen so far the next two months and the 63rd already look very promising.

Oh, before I forget, I have a small announcement coming up either tomorrow or in two days, so stay tuned!

LumineVonReuental, President Pro Tempore of the Senate.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #254 on: September 14, 2014, 08:31:16 PM »

Congratulations!!
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #255 on: September 14, 2014, 08:41:21 PM »

RIP TNF
GAworth
United States

« Reply #256 on: September 14, 2014, 08:57:44 PM »

No offense, but I am shocked you won, pleasantly shocked, but shocked. Congrats!!!!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #257 on: September 14, 2014, 09:28:31 PM »

Thanks, Flo!

No offense, but I am shocked you won, pleasantly shocked, but shocked. Congrats!!!!

None taken, I could have easily lost this one and I guess at this point I'm doomed to fight close elections, xD, thanks!
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #258 on: September 14, 2014, 09:38:34 PM »

Congratulations on your victory, Lumine. If you have any questions concerning the Senate rules or need a title line updated, please don't hesitate to contact me about either. You are a fine legislator and will make a fine administrator of the Senate.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #259 on: September 14, 2014, 10:05:15 PM »

Congratulations on your victory, Lumine. If you have any questions concerning the Senate rules or need a title line updated, please don't hesitate to contact me about either. You are a fine legislator and will make a fine administrator of the Senate.

Thank you very much, TNF. Running the Senate is no easy task and it is a major challenge for anybody, and while I certainly disagree with some of actions taken during the past month I respect the amounts of work and effort that were put into running the Senate in the middle of so many complicated court cases.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #260 on: September 15, 2014, 09:12:51 AM »

Congratulations!
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #261 on: September 15, 2014, 10:01:41 PM »

Senator,

congratulations once again.  The fortunes are smiling on you.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #262 on: September 16, 2014, 01:14:17 AM »

Senator,

congratulations once again.  The fortunes are smiling on you.

Thanks, Cris and Mechaman! Thankfully, it seems luck has been helping me quite a bit lately, xD
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #263 on: September 16, 2014, 11:57:48 AM »

It seems I have not yet congratulated you on becoming PPT. Well, consider this as my official congrats and stuff - You're going to be an active, skilled and encouraging President Pro Tempore. I am looking forward to continue working with you in the Senate!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #264 on: September 16, 2014, 12:53:33 PM »

It seems I have not yet congratulated you on becoming PPT. Well, consider this as my official congrats and stuff - You're going to be an active, skilled and encouraging President Pro Tempore. I am looking forward to continue working with you in the Senate!

Thanks, Cranberry, I really look forward to continue working with you on the Senate as well!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #265 on: October 04, 2014, 02:52:50 PM »

Regarding the Succession Crisis:

October 4th, 2014:
Right in the middle of the chaos left by President DemPGH's resignation and the controversy regarding President Tyrion and the separatist movements, President Pro Tempore Lumine delivered a statement from the Senate after Senator Cranberry was formally confirmed as the legal SoIA and next in line to the Presidency.

Greetings, my fellow Atlasians:

I will not give you the usual speech and the usual appeals this time, not when our nation is shocked by the recent revelations and the outbreak of armed conflict by factions who would like to bring down what's left of sanity in this nation. I, for one, am bitterly disappointed by the manner in which the trust of the public has been betrayed (especially by the President's condition), but I recognize Tyrion as the lawful President of Atlasia, while also appealing to others to recognize the federal government's authority and halt this nonsense.

With the President being likely to be banned in the recent time and with the entire cabinet gone, it was pointed out by many that I was second in line for becoming President. Needless to say, I wish to stress that I have no desire of usurping power or authority in any way, for I believe that Atlasia needs a return to normalcy and I have absolutely no desire of becoming President by not being elected. I plan to submit myself to the public in the upcoming election and it will be up to them to take a decision. Senator Cranberry was quickly confirmed by the Senate as SoIA, he has been handling the situation as best as he can, and he has my full support during this crisis.

Finally, I wish to stress that the Senate will continue to work and will not cease activities as long as I am President-Pro Tempore. Police forces in Nyman are already protecting the Capitol and the Senate continues to function. I was originally very opposed to Senate directives, but I will not tolerate any attempts to manipulate, control or halt the performance of the Senate of Atlasia in any way. I hereby declare the following temporary directives:

I will probably release a more comprehensive statement as a candidate in my campaign thread later today, but all official business of the Senate are still going to be conducted from my office.

Thank you very much, and I hope this crisis is solved as soon as humanly possible.

LumineVonReuental, President Pro-Tempore of the Senate.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #266 on: October 05, 2014, 09:49:32 PM »

President Pro Tempore,
I humbly request that the Senate withhold funds allocated to the Pacific until the illegal occupation of the Midwest is ended.
Sincerely,
Serene Representative GAworth
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #267 on: October 05, 2014, 10:05:26 PM »

President Pro Tempore,
I humbly request that the Senate withhold funds allocated to the Pacific until the illegal occupation of the Midwest is ended.
Sincerely,
Serene Representative GAworth

As I explained before, I will not withdraw funds from the Pacific Region considering the victims of the earthquake need help, so it's best not to politicize that issue. Furthermore, the funds can only be given to the region after the Governor has sent a plan to the SoIA for approval.

That said, I stand against any illegal occupation of the Midwest, so I have asked the Governor to withdraw. I have also asked the Senate for their input on the situation.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #268 on: October 07, 2014, 09:56:54 AM »
« Edited: October 07, 2014, 10:13:57 AM by Senator Lumine (PPT) »

Regarding the Succession Crisis, Part II:

My fellow Atlasians:

As of now, President Tyrion has been banner for a month, thus ending what can be considered the shortest Presidency in our history. Yet, and despite what those who have attacked our Republican believe, the line of succession is very clear and non-controversial. With the absence of the VP, SoEA and AG it falls on the Secretary of Internal Affairs to take over the White House, and TheCranberry is now President. Needless to say, I fully recognize him as such and I ask all Atlasians to support him during these troubled times. Now more than ever we need to work together to overcome this crisis, which thanks to Cranberry's abilities as a statesman is no longer a crisis of leadership.

The Senate will continue to work as always despite the loss of Cranberry (and he will be missed, he was easily one of our best Senators). It's time for us to move against those who continue to undermine the government, so I also want to announce that a motion will be filed for the expulsion of Senator Deus from the Senate. I consulted this matter with several Senators and several of them already pledged their support to this, and while I would have wanted to wait until all of them answered back it's obvious that at this stage we need to move quickly to end this crisis, and the Senate cannot tolerate being mocked any longer, at least not while I can do something about it.

Ladies and gentlemen, these past days have been terrible for many Atlasians, with many people dead and many others in need of shelter. But regardless of how terrible this crisis is, we will be able to overcome this challenge. The regional executives are already working for their regions in a very efficient way, the Senate is still functioning, and now we have a President who is both efficient and respected across the nation, a man who can lead and solve this crisis once and for all. Let us all unite in support of President Cranberry and fight to help our people and defeat the forces of separatism and totalitarianism.

LumineVonReuental, President Pro-Tempore of the Senate.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #269 on: October 07, 2014, 10:42:16 AM »

Thank you very much for your support, Senator. I have the firm belief, that together, we as Atlasians combined, upholding our values and working together as one nation, can preserve our nation, and withstand the waves of secessionism, totalitarianism and oppression currently endangering our nation. Together, we are strong!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #270 on: October 07, 2014, 11:02:41 AM »

I fully agree, Mr. President, onwards to stabilize Atlasia and defeat the rebels!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #271 on: November 06, 2014, 05:03:37 PM »

A Farewell to the Senate:

Well, this is a nostalgic day. Back on December 2013 I wondered about the future and my next challenge in Atlasia, as I had been Governor of the Most Serene Republic for quite a while. When I decided on the Senate I wasn't entirely sure of how would I perform given my lack of skills on creating legislation. But I fought an extremely close and hard fought race, and while my first attempt was not rewarded with success I found myself a Senator two weeks after that, after an insanely quick election with turnout levels that still shock me until this day. As of this month, I have served on the Atlasian Senate for eight months, and now it is time to say goodbye.

Being a Senator was a privilege, and I thank the Atlasia voters for electing me to the position in three different elections. The job is not easy, it involves a lot of effort and while many of one's effort may pass others will most certainly not. And yet, it is very rewarding, to know one is doing his part to make Atlasia a better place by crafting policy and being involved in debates. The same could be said of the President Pro Tempore position, a crucial and demanding position which is nonetheless a true honor. I'll be honest with you, I feel I have been a less than ideal PPT, since there were some days in which I simply could not take on the job (often due to college), thus leading to a few delays that haunt me to this day (and in the past week I have been very negligent). My admiration for Senator Yankee is even greater now, as he served as PPT for almost two years with almost no mistakes and truly excellent performance, and I expect he will run for the position once again, for I feel it is truly his position.

Tomorrow is inauguration day and I take on a even greater challenge, and I do so willingly, but knowing that I will miss the Senate. In eight months, I had the chance of working with Atlasians like Nix, Yankee, Shua, Goldwater, JCL, Cassius, DC al Fine, TNF, Bore, Tyrion/Otis/Persepolis/Whatever, Cranberry, Alfred Jones, Griffin, Deus, Polnut, Dr. Cynic, Talleyrand and Spiral, along with Vice-Presidents Matt, Cincinnatus, Windjammer, Tyrion (and company) and Duke. Truly a collection of some of the most interesting people I've met on Atlasia. Gentlemen, I am grateful of having served with you, and while the Senate does have its issues from time to time, I am proud of most of the work that we as a collective body achieved over the last months. I truly look forward to working with the next Senate from the White House.

And, at last, here goes my final Senate directive:

Farewell, my fellow Senators!

LumineVonReuental, President Pro Tempore of the Senate.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #272 on: November 06, 2014, 09:24:24 PM »

It was a pleasure to serve with you, Lumine. I wish you the best of luck over the next four months.

Thank you very much, Nix, it was certainly a pleasure to serve with you as well!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies