Genocide, Moonshine and Machine
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:39:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History
  Alternative History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Genocide, Moonshine and Machine
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Genocide, Moonshine and Machine  (Read 1970 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 31, 2013, 06:41:27 PM »
« edited: December 31, 2013, 06:45:51 PM by Kalwejt »

What the hell, obviously I'm not done yet Tongue

September 18, 1922

THREE GUNNED DOWN IN MOBILE
Reputed Rum Runners Killed in an Apparent Purge

(Mobile, Ala.) Three reputed rum runners, including a notorious Edward Alderman, better known as Sindbad, were riddled with bullets outside of a popular bar in Mobile's port area. Mr. Alderman, who has been just released on bail last Friday, was considered a leading figure in the alcohol smuggling from Cuba to Alabama.

The Body of Edward "Sindbad" Alderman

Despite lack of immediate suspects, the execution-style triple murder immediately brought fears about an outbreak of a bloody gang war in South Alabama.

BOI OFFICIAL: WE KNOW WHO'S BEHIND
A Top Political Figure Under Suspicion

(Washington, D.C.) According to the anonymous source withing the highest echelons of the Bureau of Investigation, a prime suspect of ordering a recent bloody shooting in Mobile, Alabama, is no one else than Preston B. Dent, former Postmaster General in President Wilson's cabinet and Alabama's political strongman. Mr. Dent, officially a "Dry Democrat", has been rumoured of being engaged in breaching of the Prohibition.

He's possibly trying to establish an effective monopoly in Alabama by eliminating smaller gangs and individual moonshiners, the source told us, adding, that Mr. Dent's political influence makes him a very unlikely target of prosecution.

DENT: THIS IS LAGHUABLE

(Montgomery, Ala.) Former Postmaster General Preston B. Dent (pictured below) responded to the allegations of ordering a murder of three reputed alcohol smugglers in Mobile last week:

Courtesy of the U.S. Post Office Department

I would be seriously offended if these accusations weren't so laughable. I am a retired public servant, a businessman and a Christian. I have been always faithful to my ancestors' legacy of hard and honest work. They were among very those who have founded this great country and I would never dare to betray their legacy.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 08:26:47 PM »

Harry's distant cousin, Edward "Peg Penis" (also Sinbad) Alderman, is making his first appearance I see Smiley.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 09:00:49 AM »

Harry's distant cousin, Edward "Peg Penis" (also Sinbad) Alderman, is making his first appearance I see Smiley.

The newspapers couldn't print the bolded part Wink
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 02:20:41 PM »

Great start. Hoping that you can continue this.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 06:12:49 PM »

Ooooh this looks fun! A new perspective on our favorite political family. Smiley
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2014, 06:05:35 PM »

One afternoon Peggy has noticed an unannounced guest came to their home. She was just a little girl of 9, but as everybody in the area she was familiar with the man. He was the local Sheriff. And she was old enough to know a visit from the Sheriff likely meant nothing good for a poor family of sharecroppers. Especially since the land belonged to no one else than "that asshole Dent", as her mother used to call the mysterious, all-powerful figure. Although told to go to bed, she sneaked out to listen from behind the closed doors. Her father, Fred, was a peaceful man that never raised voice on his loved ones so she was puzzled to hear him get agitated when the Sheriff told him he must either "cut the crap off" or "get behind the line" with his "little bootlegging stuff". Her father refused.

The next day's breakfast was the last time Peggy saw her daddy. No one ever saw Fred Turner again and Peggy, along with her mother and five siblings found themselves jobless and out of home. It took her some time to understand what most likely happened and she promised herself she'll never rest until justice is served. And that is how the Dent family got their most formidable opponent since the Reconstruction. But it will be a while since they would know.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2014, 01:30:11 PM »

Just so you know: it's not dead. I'm just totally not in a mood to write anything with my ear infection.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2014, 04:00:17 PM »

Just so you know: it's not dead. I'm just totally not in a mood to write anything with my ear infection.

My sympathies.  I had recurring ear infections as a kid that led to ear tubes being put in and the tonsils and adenoids coming out.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2014, 05:41:59 PM »

Heh, it was much easier to write about these guys as a footnote.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies