An Inconvenient History Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:03:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  An Inconvenient History Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: An Inconvenient History Thread  (Read 9560 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: January 02, 2014, 04:13:28 PM »

Too lazy to read it, and given our correspondence, I think I know what you have in mind just seeing the word "Federalist" in the post so many times. Probably won't agree with everything you say, but I'm glad someone is so willing to challenge the liberal consensus on matters of history.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 06:41:28 PM »

As are we all.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 03:11:04 PM »

Next Update: Understanding the Progressive Movement

Oh, I really can't wait for this!  Say what you want about politics, and I don't care where you fall on the spectrum ... the idea that "conservative" ALWAYS means favoring traditional policies/opposing change and "progressive" always means advancing society forward/abolishing age-old intolerance is disgustingly story-book and doesn't jive with history.  The progressive movement of the early Twentieth Century, for example, had more than its fair share of racist thought.

What do you think the terms "conservative" and "progressive", in the sense of a dichotomy, mean, then?

And Mechaman won't be writing in the sense of a dichotomy, FYI (to my knowledge). Rather, he'll likely pose that progressivism was merely a softer and more proactive form of conservatism designed to curb more radical movements. And for Mechaman, paternalism is a big part of the right. Thus, racist progressives in his eyes will be no better than out-and-out conservatives in their placement on any sort of political matrix.

Just my guess, anyway. If Mech feels any impetus to post here again, he's free to contradict my musings.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies