New York State Senate District 8 Charles Fuschillo-R resigning
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:50:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  New York State Senate District 8 Charles Fuschillo-R resigning
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New York State Senate District 8 Charles Fuschillo-R resigning  (Read 2064 times)
Smash255
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 31, 2013, 07:19:37 PM »
« edited: December 31, 2013, 07:23:22 PM by Smash255 »

If the mods want to combine this with the 2014 State Legislator thread go ahead, but since this will be a Special decided to start a new one.

Republican State Senator Charles Fuschillo  is resigning immediately to take a job in the private sector.  

This is the district I grew up in, and currently live a few blocks from.  Fuschillo was a well entrenched incumbent who won easily with no problems, and has been in the seat since 1998.  Democrats do have a 3 point enrollment advantage.  The district became slightly more Democratic after the last redistricting as a result of the GOP Senate wanting to make Kemp Hannon's 6th (which is my district) a bit more GOP after a close call.  The district covers most of the south shore from central Nassau to Western Suffolk.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/12/31/charles-fuschillo-jr-to-resign-from-state-senate-at-midnight/

http://www.nysenate.gov/district/08
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 11:55:34 PM »

Wow... I think we can pick this up... I'd call Tossup/ Tilt R for the Special, but Tossup Tilt/D for the General...

Also, Fuschillo was my St. Senator for many years, and represented the region, well. His endorsement could be the difference in the GOP primary.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 12:42:08 AM »

Wow... I think we can pick this up... I'd call Tossup/ Tilt R for the Special, but Tossup Tilt/D for the General...

Also, Fuschillo was my St. Senator for many years, and represented the region, well. His endorsement could be the difference in the GOP primary.

Trying to think of the potential candidates for each side.  Nassa Legislator David Denenberg of Merrick would be my guess at this point for the Dems.  Suffolk Legislator DuWayne Gregory would be a strong candidate, but not sure if he would run right after being names the Presiding Officer for the Suffolk Legislature.

On the GOP side perhaps Assemblyman Joe Saladino (who was my former Assemblyman for a  time period and I have met at the Massapqeua Train Station) would be a possibility.  Former Massapequa Park Mayor James Altadonna Jr is one a well, but he recently took the Town Clerk position for the Town of Oyster Bay after Labriola resigned. 
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 02:58:32 AM »

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/politics/spin-cycle-1.812042/sen-charles-fuschillo-to-resign-from-state-senate-1.6699982

Newsday article on Fuschillo, mentioning possible candidates.  Article did mention Saladino along with Erin King Sweeney (Peter King's daughter), Steve Labriola  and current Nassau Leg Michael Venditto (son of TOB Supervsior John Venditto as possible candidates for the GOP.  Denenberg was mentioned as a possible Democratic candidate
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 03:01:23 AM »

Congrats NYDems
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, 03:13:57 AM »

If the mods want to combine this with the 2014 State Legislator thread go ahead, but since this will be a Special decided to start a new one.

Where is this thread?
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2014, 05:54:01 AM »

Where is this thread?

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=184799.0
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2014, 11:26:00 AM »

Denenberg is leaning towards running.   Denenberg expressed interest early on at running for Fuschillo's seat, however once McCarthy announced she will retire he thought about potentially running for Congress (though it was always more liekly he was going to run for the State Senate seat).  Once Rice announced she was running for Congress, that ended that and Denenberg appears to have pretty much made up his mind that he will run for the State Senate seat, an announcement is expected within two weeks,
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies