Will you be a sheep or a goat? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:07:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Will you be a sheep or a goat? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Will you be a sheep or a goat?  (Read 501 times)
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« on: January 01, 2014, 09:53:33 AM »

I've always loved this passage in Matthew, and your post speaks to why, Ernest.  But, in reading through it now, I think this may be the first time I've noticed that the separation is taking place between "nations" and not merely individuals.  It seems to me that this distinction between "nations" is significant for a number of reasons too.
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 10:18:13 AM »

But that may be part of the point, that "all nations" of the world and not just the herd of Israel will be judged on the basis of whether or not they cared for the less fortunate.  The prophets had made it pretty clear that Israel would be judged on the basis of how well it cared for the widow and the orphan, and now Jesus is saying that this standard of caring for the less fortunate will apply, surely to all individuals, but to all nations as well. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies