SENATE BILL: Healthcare Modernization Act of 2013 (Passed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:07:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: Healthcare Modernization Act of 2013 (Passed)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: Healthcare Modernization Act of 2013 (Passed)  (Read 5421 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: February 12, 2014, 05:02:36 PM »

Aye
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #101 on: February 12, 2014, 07:30:30 PM »

AYE
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #102 on: February 12, 2014, 07:36:00 PM »

AYE
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #103 on: February 12, 2014, 10:13:24 PM »

Aye

Aye... can't believe I'm voting with TNF on a bill.

You'll find we vote on some relatively uncontroversial stuff every now and again, and we tend to push toward moderation to pass things every once in a while, as well. It certainly won't be the last time, in other words.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #104 on: February 15, 2014, 05:42:02 PM »

This bill has enough votes to pass, Senators have 24 hours to change their votes.

I realize the concerns with privacy, but in some ways such can be better protected with this if the system is properly secured. I will never forget when I went to a doctor's office back in 2002 and they had my records mixed up with someone who was born in 1947, had a different healthcare provider and we only found out about when they tried to bill us at the end for stuff that our plan covered.

Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #105 on: February 16, 2014, 08:36:02 PM »

Vote on Final Passage of the Healthcare Modernization Act of 2013:

Aye (Cool: bore, DC al Fine, Goldwater, NC Yankee, Talleyrand, Tmthforu94, TNF and TyriontheImperialist
Nay (1): shua
Abstain (0):

Didn't Vote (1): Mr. X

With eight votes in the affirmative and time having expired, the VP may declare it as passed and present it to the President.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #106 on: February 16, 2014, 09:39:24 PM »

By a vote of 8-1 with 1 not voting, the bill has passed. The president can now either sign into law, or veto this legislation.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #107 on: February 16, 2014, 09:50:52 PM »

x Duke

My second major initiative has passed! A bill where even DC al Fine and TNF can agree on!
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #108 on: February 16, 2014, 10:30:18 PM »

How is a provider supposed to gain permission to an individuals health records? It's better to provide health records to all health care providers but also have a HIPAA type law in order to ensure the privacy of health records. This just adds unneeded layers of bureaucracy which must be worked around with unnecessary paperwork.

It is a good law, but it could have been better. Wish I had seen this a few days ago.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #109 on: February 16, 2014, 10:33:12 PM »

How is a provider supposed to gain permission to an individuals health records? It's better to provide health records to all health care providers but also have a HIPAA type law in order to ensure the privacy of health records. This just adds unneeded layers of bureaucracy which must be worked around with unnecessary paperwork.

It is a good law, but it could have been better. Wish I had seen this a few days ago.

You should have paid us a visit. I am no healthcare expert in the slightest, but the Senate helped me improve my initial proposal. This bill just seemed like common sense if we want to continue into the digital age.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #110 on: February 16, 2014, 10:49:08 PM »

You should have paid us a visit. I am no healthcare expert in the slightest, but the Senate helped me improve my initial proposal. This bill just seemed like common sense if we want to continue into the digital age.

Yeah, I agree with the overall direction of the bill, and it is definitely needed and would be great if we had it in America, but it could have been improved a bit. I am nitpicking really. It's a good bill overall and I wish I took a look a week back.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies