Maps of Generic Republican & Generic Democrat winning by historical landslides (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 03:15:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Maps of Generic Republican & Generic Democrat winning by historical landslides (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Maps of Generic Republican & Generic Democrat winning by historical landslides  (Read 945 times)
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« on: January 03, 2014, 07:38:30 AM »

I agree with the OP on just about everything, except I would put SC on the LBJ margin map red.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 04:22:13 PM »

I agree with the OP on just about everything, except I would put SC on the LBJ margin map red.

I think it's not an opinion.

So the maps are factual pieces of data and I shouldn't agree or disagree with it Huh
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 05:53:21 PM »

I think it's not an opinion.

So the maps are factual pieces of data and I shouldn't agree or disagree with it Huh

I'm assuming what the OP did was take the PVI for each state and apply it to a baseline national popular vote equivalent to one of the prior elections. LBJ won by 22.58 percentage points. So if, say, Texas is R+10, then the Democrat will carry Texas by 22.58-10, or 12.58 percentage points.

So you can agree or disagree with using that method, but it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense to cherry pick states unless you're willing to offer your own alternate method to extrapolate results.

OK, but states like South Carolina have elasticity factors. And others factors contribute to certain states, so I guess I'm disagreeing with pure uniform swing, yes.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies