why wonr my letters and words stayt on the pqge qnd not crawl
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 04:40:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  why wonr my letters and words stayt on the pqge qnd not crawl
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: why wonr my letters and words stayt on the pqge qnd not crawl  (Read 1063 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 03, 2014, 02:07:14 AM »

all of the letters can't stay on screen

they're kind of like worms nand even as i type the letters aare turninf and floating.

The letters flowted bqck to the cqnvqsw but i'm afraid the letters will g4tet lost.

I just want the letters to stay in plqce like when i would normally type

now the letters are in position but they're swirming everywhere and i cqn't finish this sentence becaause the letters fol

this started when i poste my last thread.  then this started hqppening.  they aare like worms.  they won't go in plqce.  this is getting kind of scwthy.  I can barely type but when I type I see characters dipping of each other and falling down.  when they are down they crawl.  maybe it's the ngle that i hve the laptop at.  i'm sorry thie mqkes no sense.  i don't knoe if i sohuld get help but i rrwllhy don't knwoe what i'm doing
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 02:11:37 AM »

Yeah you should probably get help if that's happening.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 02:12:23 AM »

2 many marijuanas 4 u
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 02:27:34 AM »

ok

leetters r back but rh eh niw tgey kjubda swuindle and ii dont know what it is im typing,  wow as i typed tgat uI thought the sentence would go past the canvass but then it swirved back.  now it's normal but the words don't look like they're on top of each other like they shoulkd be.  maybe it's the site because I know it was slow, but still when i type the letters are bolgey and coming out of the screen
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2014, 02:30:03 AM »

You'd better hope you don't end up like one of these unfortunate pot smokers.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2014, 02:32:21 AM »

its not pot actually its sleeping meds i';m on.  i cant do this i might look like this is vad, I have to go to bed I'n sorry, now it feels like my cousions are falling off
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2014, 02:40:31 AM »

its not pot actually its sleeping meds i';m on.  i cant do this i might look like this is vad, I have to go to bed I'n sorry, now it feels like my cousions are falling off

Yikes... I hate it when my cousins fall off too, man.  Feel better in the morning.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2014, 02:40:55 AM »

its not pot actually its sleeping meds i';m on.  i cant do this i might look like this is vad, I have to go to bed I'n sorry, now it feels like my cousions are falling off

Oh my, if this is still here tomorrow, new sig
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2014, 02:44:48 AM »

On a side note, have you ever tried just taking a couple Benadryl as an occasional sleep aid?  I'm not sure what your reason for the meds is, but for the handful of times a year I need a sleep aid, 50 mg of Benadryl (or any generic diphenhydramine) usually does the trick.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2014, 02:50:42 AM »

If I had to guess, it sounds to me like you're experiencing visual distortions/hallucinations from taking something like Ambien (possibly in a higher dose than prescribed) and not going to sleep. Poor motor control, impaired reasoning, and impulsiveness are all side effects that I see exhibited in this thread.

It's entirely possible Scott won't even remember this thread in the morning. It could be worse though. My friend's dad took Ambien and went on his computer instead of sleeping, and ended up spending like five hundred dollars on eBay, on random and ridiculous stuff, and had no memory of it at all
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2014, 04:04:13 AM »

If I had to guess, it sounds to me like you're experiencing visual distortions/hallucinations from taking something like Ambien (possibly in a higher dose than prescribed) and not going to sleep. Poor motor control, impaired reasoning, and impulsiveness are all side effects that I see exhibited in this thread.

It's entirely possible Scott won't even remember this thread in the morning. It could be worse though. My friend's dad took Ambien and went on his computer instead of sleeping, and ended up spending like five hundred dollars on eBay, on random and ridiculous stuff, and had no memory of it at all
The best part is that if you look at his virginity thread from 12:55am, there's nothing wrong at all.  But then he posted this at 1:07am.

My guess is that he spent quite a while on the virginity thread staring at the screen concentrating very hard.  Then came this as the meds really began to kick in.  Poor guy.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2014, 04:07:43 AM »

This is beautiful.

I hope Scott doesn't die though.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2014, 04:10:35 AM »

The best part is that if you look at his virginity thread from 12:55am, there's nothing wrong at all.  But then he posted this at 1:07am.

My guess is that he spent quite a while on the virginity thread staring at the screen concentrating very hard.  Then came this as the meds really began to kick in.  Poor guy.

Really though, when you think about it...that totally doesn't seem like a thread he'd make. Perhaps he was feeling a bit goofy by then but wasn't tripping balls just yet. I just hope we don't get yet another apology thread out of this - with the way Average Atlas apologizes for using drugs around these parts, no wonder one option in that poll has 75%!
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2014, 04:12:52 AM »

The best part is that if you look at his virginity thread from 12:55am, there's nothing wrong at all.  But then he posted this at 1:07am.

My guess is that he spent quite a while on the virginity thread staring at the screen concentrating very hard.  Then came this as the meds really began to kick in.  Poor guy.

Really though, when you think about it...that totally doesn't seem like a thread he'd make. Perhaps he was feeling a bit goofy by then but wasn't tripping balls just yet. I just hope we don't get yet another apology thread out of this - with the way Average Atlas apologizes for using drugs around these parts, no wonder one option in that poll has 75%!

I just picture your average Minnesota woman shutting a drawer a bit harder than usual in frustrated response to some passive aggressive fantasy in her head and then saying to the drawer "oh gosh, sarry"
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2014, 05:29:11 AM »

Ugh, dude... Be careful with sleeping pills. This stuff can be dangerous of you take too much of it.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2014, 07:27:22 AM »
« Edited: January 03, 2014, 07:29:13 AM by Scott »

Yup, I was taking my prescription Ambien.  It's a pretty strong pill, but I've never reacted to it that way before.  I was lying in bed with the lights shut off, though, so the screen was pretty close to my face.  It's likely that the fact I had gone almost two full nights without sleep this week had something to do with it.

But anyway, I'm not making an apology thread, so I'll just say sorry here.  Hope y'all got a kick out of that.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2014, 12:14:35 PM »

At least this seems to have been real as opposed to the fake drunk/highposts we get every so often. Tongue
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2014, 12:26:07 PM »

i unerstan u complety
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2014, 01:25:08 PM »

Cocaine is a helluva drug.

RIP Scott Sad
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2014, 01:36:44 AM »

On a side note, have you ever tried just taking a couple Benadryl as an occasional sleep aid?  I'm not sure what your reason for the meds is, but for the handful of times a year I need a sleep aid, 50 mg of Benadryl (or any generic diphenhydramine) usually does the trick.

Benadryl can give effects similar to what Scott experienced, and worse (or better, I suppose). Tripping on it is frustrating.. I recall typing things and forgetting and then changing what I thought I wanted to say three or four times in a single sentence. Or dropping something, reaching down to get it, and having no idea what I dropped in the first place. Makes you not take your short term memory for granted. The visual distortion was interesting, although in very high doses you get full on hallucinations that you can't distinguish from reality, such as having a dead relative walk in and having a conversation with them. I never got anything like that myself.

Even as low as 100 mg you'll get mild euphoria and slight visual distortions, but the urge to fall asleep is so overpowering it's not worth fighting.

Personally I wouldn't recommend it, although I have fond memories of mixing it with low doses of dxm. Uh, but anyway.. my life is totally ruined or whatever so don't do drugs guys
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2014, 09:47:01 AM »

Scott, liquor can be a fantastic sleep aid.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2014, 06:32:27 PM »

Scott, liquor can be a fantastic sleep aid.

Ick.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2014, 06:54:27 PM »

Sad
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2014, 07:17:16 PM »

Relax man.  Listen to the duck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2014, 10:50:09 PM »

Scott, seriously. Listen to me. If you mix your Jim beam with Canada Dry, then the seltzer bubbly sh**t blocks out the awful aftertaste and you can pass right out. Seriously, dawg. Don't resort to prescriptions when the real solution to sleeping is right in front of you.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies