Little note for people who use hurricanes as plot twists (not a story)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:13:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Little note for people who use hurricanes as plot twists (not a story)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Little note for people who use hurricanes as plot twists (not a story)  (Read 361 times)
hurricanehink
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 03, 2014, 11:44:22 AM »

Hey all! Long time reader, but not a regular commentator. I've noticed several timelines since I've joined that include hurricane names. This is really minor, but the National Hurricane Center does have a preset list of names - http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/aboutnames.shtml - that rotates every six years.

For example, for a Chris Christie bid and a chance for him to show off his disaster management chops again, then the storm list from 2016 is right there. Or if there's something in the 2020 election, then the 2014 list would be used again (every 6 years, just like the U.S. Senate cycle). I do love how so many timelines on here are so vivid and detailed, and I thought I'd post that link so they can be even more realistic! Oh, and generally the A storms are early in the year (around June), F through L in August through September, and later than that in October/November. Keep up the good work everyone!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies