Chinese folk outraged that the donkey meat they purchased is actually fox meat (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:17:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Chinese folk outraged that the donkey meat they purchased is actually fox meat (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Chinese folk outraged that the donkey meat they purchased is actually fox meat  (Read 760 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« on: January 04, 2014, 10:03:55 PM »

It's another reason why traveling to exotic places is not very high on my to-do list. The food that is consumed in some of these places is generally disgusting enough to nearly put me off of mine. Ugh.

If I took a vacation to the islands I assume they have fish and coconuts and pineapples and normal things, so that's still on the list. Just haven't made it yet.
I've been to China.  Ate a lot of chicken, pork, fish, beef... rice... various vegetables.. amazing preparations all around.

Your attitude is dangerous and ignorant... luckily only for you.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 11:21:00 PM »

China is an enormous country with 1.3 billion people.  Not 1.3 billion dead people... 1.3 billion alive people who eat ALL KINDS of things that might be too "exotic" for your bland palate... but you know what, the food you eat is going to be alright.  Just ensure it is cooked.  Don't eat raw meat that you aren't sure about.

Don't drink the tap water.

China is fine.  You'd be better to worry traveling to remote areas of Papua New Guinea or the Congo or remote Namibia where refrigeration is unheard of and the meat might've sat out for a while before being tossed into a fire.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 05:30:46 PM »

Oil, vinegar and vegetable stock.
Potatoes.
Gherkins, spring radishes, onions, eggs (optional), Fleischwurst (optional), corn salad (optional)
Salt and pepper and all that. Far more pepper than salt.

Sounds good (minus the eggs)

I cut up bacon and fry it up crisp, then quickly fry the celery and onions together (just a short while)... deglaze with some white wine, then add the bacon back in with the oil, vinegar, and a bit of stock.  I like to add mustard powder, a touch of cayenne, a bit of sugar, salt and pepper.  Then I add the cooked, sliced potatoes.

At the last, I add some fresh chopped dill.  It's excellent warm, cold, or room temperature.  Baconey, onioney, potatoey, vinegary goodness.  No mayo, no eggs.  That's for heathens.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies