Chinese folk outraged that the donkey meat they purchased is actually fox meat (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:12:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Chinese folk outraged that the donkey meat they purchased is actually fox meat (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Chinese folk outraged that the donkey meat they purchased is actually fox meat  (Read 762 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: January 04, 2014, 07:12:34 PM »
« edited: January 04, 2014, 10:27:33 PM by asexual trans victimologist »

It's another reason why traveling to exotic places is not very high on my to-do list. The food that is consumed in some of these places is generally disgusting enough to nearly put me off of mine. Ugh.

If I took a vacation to the islands I assume they have fish and coconuts and pineapples and normal things, so that's still on the list. Just haven't made it yet.

Visiting a place where people eat food that one finds strange or disconcerting doesn't necessitate eating that food oneself, you know. Especially these days, pretty much anywhere on Earth has at least some elements of its cuisine that Americans would consider more or less 'normal', or at least interesting and worth trying out if not.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 10:29:16 PM »
« Edited: January 04, 2014, 10:34:36 PM by asexual trans victimologist »

It's another reason why traveling to exotic places is not very high on my to-do list. The food that is consumed in some of these places is generally disgusting enough to nearly put me off of mine. Ugh.

If I took a vacation to the islands I assume they have fish and coconuts and pineapples and normal things, so that's still on the list. Just haven't made it yet.
I've been to China.  Ate a lot of chicken, pork, fish, beef... rice... various vegetables.. amazing preparations all around.

Your attitude is dangerous and ignorant... luckily only for you.

Yeah, the idea that China of all places has particularly unfamiliar or 'gross' food, aside from a few quirks regarding meat from animals that we're more inclined to see as akin to pets (EDIT: or in the case of horses at least 'companion/workmate animals' rather than 'eating animals'; see what Foucaulf says about dogs below), is beyond absurd.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 12:24:38 PM »

That sounds delicious. Thank you for sharing.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies