Chinese folk outraged that the donkey meat they purchased is actually fox meat (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:28:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Chinese folk outraged that the donkey meat they purchased is actually fox meat (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Chinese folk outraged that the donkey meat they purchased is actually fox meat  (Read 771 times)
Foucaulf
« on: January 04, 2014, 10:31:47 PM »

Chinese folk outraged that the donkey meat they purchased is actually fox meat

I'd be outraged about it as well, wouldn't you?

I try not to empty quote, though...

The Chinese have more important things to be mad about.

More important than food safety? I very much doubt most people in the world would take a democracy without that to the converse.

(Also, dog meat is extremely out of style these days; many Chinese have dogs as pets and are signing pledges against such consumption.)
Foucaulf
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 11:18:17 PM »

I thought it was really obvious that my comment was intended to indicate a general distrust of the cuisine in an area where eating horse, fox, dog, and Lord knows what else is acceptable. That's all. I mean I thought it REEEEEALLLLLY obvious that the intent was to convey that, and that it was perfectly understandable.

It did not begin by being acceptable; it was by being necessary. Horse meat, as I've heard, is actually very tender!

You must be logged in to read this quote.

And the Chinese who have to live in a country with abysmal food safety regulations - like my family, say - worry a lot more than you do. No need to make their lives even more miserable by mocking the food they like.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies