Congressman Aaron Schock outed? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:52:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Congressman Aaron Schock outed? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Congressman Aaron Schock outed?  (Read 13534 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« on: January 04, 2014, 05:25:01 PM »

Yeah, he should be outed and hopefully primaried.  I have no sympathy for fags who actually work to make the life of other gays harder because they can't accept themselves.  Screw this guy.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 10:00:21 PM »

Yeah, he should be outed and hopefully primaried.  I have no sympathy for fags who actually work to make the life of other gays harder because they can't accept themselves.  Screw this guy.

Claiming the moral high ground while dropping expletives?  People like Schock are "fags" while all other good gays are "second class citizens", disgusting. 

I don't really see this as hypocritical, Schock ran and was elected on a platform that did not include certain rights for homosexuals.  He's representing a constituency, which is much more admirable than merely voting for his own interests.

Also, I doubt he's in any more trouble electorally than Steve Gunderson was. 
I wouldn't expect a Mississippi Good Ole Boy in training to understand.

I don't care about politics, as a gay man I've always felt strongly that no one should be outed or blackmailed into outing themselves.
I'm also gay and I understand your feelings about this.  I only support outing in the case of gay closeted politicians who actively hurt other gays by using their power as politicians.

It wasn't just gay marriage... it was other things I care about even more (like hate crime legislation).

If he's going to work to ensure I'm treated as 2nd class, I'm going to support anything that ensures people know how 2nd class he is, too.

A helpful paraphrase from Nathan Lane in the bird cage:  "I say kill the mother too!  If you're going to kill the baby, why not take the mother down with the ship as well?" explaining her position on abortion to Gene Hackman.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 02:20:33 AM »

If they "chose" to be gay... they're either confused, or not really gay.  It's as simple as that.  If any gay guy said to me "I chose to be gay" I'd confidently say "no you didn't."  End of story.  Period.

Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 02:22:20 AM »

You think the conclusion someone has come to from their own "lived-in" experience is "disgusting?" Those are strong words...
If they "chose" their sexuality, then I question their ability to have a sexuality at all.  That just screams "sociopath"...

Sociopaths often don't have a preference for either, thus making a "choice" much easier.  Choosing to be gay in such situations may be beneficial for whatever purposes they're working towards.

And I don't sympathize with sociopaths.

So again... yeah, it is disgusting.  If a "gay" guy says he "chose" it, cut that guy out of your life.  He's probably trying to take advantage of you or manipulate you somehow... as sociopaths are wont to do.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 06:51:39 PM »

I still don't think it's hypocritical for him to like getting some action with other men, and to disagree with gay marriage or hate crime legislation philosophically. He almost certainly doesn't disagree with it and is pandering, I get that, but the only thing that would make him a hypocrite in my book is if he wanted homosexuality criminalized. As long as he's not in a homosexual marriage, I don't see him opposing it as necessarily hypocritical.
Yeah cuz that's what sexuality is:  "Getting some action with other men" but to otherwise disagree with gay marriage or hate crime legislation 'philosophically'.

Please.

Don't trivialize my sexuality with your awful (and misguided) moderate heroism.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2014, 07:14:07 PM »

I still don't think it's hypocritical for him to like getting some action with other men, and to disagree with gay marriage or hate crime legislation philosophically. He almost certainly doesn't disagree with it and is pandering, I get that, but the only thing that would make him a hypocrite in my book is if he wanted homosexuality criminalized. As long as he's not in a homosexual marriage, I don't see him opposing it as necessarily hypocritical.
Yeah cuz that's what sexuality is:  "Getting some action with other men" but to otherwise disagree with gay marriage or hate crime legislation 'philosophically'.

Please.

Don't trivialize my sexuality with your awful (and misguided) moderate heroism.

I'm not trying to trivialize anything, I was talking about his personal life, not all homosexuals. Obviously being gay is a lot more than just sex, but It seems to be the extent of it for him, since he apparently isn't engaging himself in an actual relationship.
You literally don't know that.

He's either gay or he's not.  If he's gay, then he's gay like all other gays.  Same rules apply.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2014, 07:13:46 PM »

You think the conclusion someone has come to from their own "lived-in" experience is "disgusting?" Those are strong words...
If they "chose" their sexuality, then I question their ability to have a sexuality at all.  That just screams "sociopath"...

Sociopaths often don't have a preference for either, thus making a "choice" much easier.  Choosing to be gay in such situations may be beneficial for whatever purposes they're working towards.

And I don't sympathize with sociopaths.

So again... yeah, it is disgusting.  If a "gay" guy says he "chose" it, cut that guy out of your life.  He's probably trying to take advantage of you or manipulate you somehow... as sociopaths are wont to do.

Sorry, but this is ridiculous. I have immense respect for you on this forum, but to assume that your experience is the only right way to be gay, to me, really trivializes people who struggle with labelling their sexuality. I don't know what I was born liking, what I learned to like, what my upbringing encouraged me to like, or what my environment conditioned me to like. I do know that I believe people deserve dignity, respect, and equal treatment under the law no matter who they are or who they choose to be. To call someone a sociopath for not conforming to your conception of "the gay experience" is wholly unfair and mean-spirited.
What you suggest is not a choice.  If someone has trouble with their sexuality, that's precisely what it is:  trouble identifying and/or accepting their sexuality.

Sexuality isn't a choice.  Period.  It is innate.  If someone is bisexual but chooses only to be romantically/sexually involved with males or females, they are still bisexual.

People who don't have a sexuality but actively choose one or choose to be romantically/sexually involved with one gender or the other... is a bad sign.  Sociopaths, again, often don't have a preference because they lack the ability to have feelings of love, empathy, and compassion for others (or they choose not to have those feelings for others.  Sociopathy is often about being able to turn those things off at will... and on as well.)

Many sociopaths will say they don't care what gender you are, as long as they can get what they want out of you.

That's the point I was making.

For people just struggling with their sexuality for various reasons, it's a completely different ballgame.  At the end of the day, these people are still something, they just may not have found out what that is yet.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies