Congressman Aaron Schock outed? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 08:53:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Congressman Aaron Schock outed? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Congressman Aaron Schock outed?  (Read 13529 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: January 04, 2014, 05:46:18 PM »

Hopefully we'll get some definitive proof on this one and if true and he doesn't apologise for his political transgressions, he deserves to be politically thrown under a bus.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 04:00:49 PM »

While I won't say it's wrong to out him and while I also understand how it can feel for some of our gay members reacting to this, I think one should be cautious in judging an individual in this type of situation. I'm going to guess that he comes out of a conservative environment in which he battled with this issue for a large portion of his life. I can't myself imagine quite how bad that must be so I don't want to judge that too harshly.

If the rumours are correct (and it's still just an if) he's clearly not 'struggling' with it; he's hitting the town, hitting the clubs, hooking up with guys and basically living an 'out' life, except he has a political entourage who cover it all up for him. Then in congress he votes against every piece of LGBT friendly legislation. If he did everything but vote the way he did no one would really care. It's the fact he votes against protections despite seeking protection himself that would, if true, make him a reprehensible human being.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies