Are you still a virgin?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 12:58:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Are you still a virgin?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: ...
yes

no

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 85

Author Topic: Are you still a virgin?  (Read 3464 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2015, 02:40:52 PM »

No, like most nerds I fixed that in college. 

Well, I consider myself a nerd, too Tongue

Yeah, I can testify that not all nerds were that lucky...
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2015, 03:00:37 PM »

No, like most nerds I fixed that in college. 

Well, I consider myself a nerd, too Tongue

Yeah, I can testify that not all nerds were that lucky...

I thought you were still in college?  When I say "in college" I didn't mean freshman year, FYI. Tongue But in any case, nothing is guaranteed (and of course many folks prefer to stay virgins by choice and that's their right), and there is plenty of time left for you and everyone else in that boat.

I will come out and say, more for the benefit of the assorted peanut gallery, that during HS and early on in college I was in fact one of those self-identified bitter "nice guys".  Then, one day, I decided to drop that act (with admittedly some encouragement), and be a good guy instead.  In my case, this didn't actually mean that I was any more forward (I couldn't do that if I tried), just that I stopped whining and focused on making friendships and valuing people as people rather than just means to an end.  I don't think it's any coincidence that things got better after that (I don't mean uninterrupted success or anything, there have of course been dry spells and such, happens to everyone). 

My hostility to the "Nice Guy"/MRA pathologies really is a case of "there but for the grace of God go I"/ the zeal of someone who was saved from that mode of thinking. 
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2015, 03:10:56 PM »

Anyone who posts on Atlas and voted no is a liar

I believe Uncle Gramps had mentioned having a grown child... Am I to assume she is some type of female manifestation of his love for maps?

Immaculate conception, maybe?   Wink   

Contrary to popular belief, the Immaculate Conception is not the virgin birth of Jesus but rather the birth of Mary as permanently free of sin. I'm surprised people still confuse this.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2015, 03:28:16 PM »

I thought you were still in college?  When I say "in college" I didn't mean freshman year, FYI. Tongue But in any case, nothing is guaranteed (and of course many folks prefer to stay virgins by choice and that's their right), and there is plenty of time left for you and everyone else in that boat.

If by College you mean undergraduate, nope. I'm about to finish my Master's actually.

But regardless, to be honest this doesn't really bother me. It doesn't really make me sad, actually I only rarely think about it. I guess that's partly because most other aspects of my life so far are going as well as I feel they possibly could (and have been steadily improving for the past 8 years or so). And also because I know part of the reason things are as they are is due to my personal ethic and lifestyle choices, which I'm not willing to renounce. So, it OK I guess, taking it easy. The only feeling I have is the worry that some day I will feel really lonely and it will be too late. But it still looks like a distant future to me.

I'm proud to say I never fell into the "nice guy" trap. I've always prided myself in having very good girl friends and seeing girls as people. Again, part is due to me being me (Aspergers obviously playing a good role). For example, the notion of flirting is utterly alien to me. But I'm also glad that I had the chance of being exposed to, and actively seeking out, feminist theory, which, among other things, allowed me to preemptively reject any attitude that would denote male entitlement. So I think I'm doing OK. Smiley

So that was my own Simfan moment, hope you guys enjoyed it. Tongue
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2015, 03:32:18 PM »

I will come out and say, more for the benefit of the assorted peanut gallery, that during HS and early on in college I was in fact one of those self-identified bitter "nice guys".  Then, one day, I decided to drop that act (with admittedly some encouragement), and be a good guy instead.  In my case, this didn't actually mean that I was any more forward (I couldn't do that if I tried), just that I stopped whining and focused on making friendships and valuing people as people rather than just means to an end.  I don't think it's any coincidence that things got better after that (I don't mean uninterrupted success or anything, there have of course been dry spells and such, happens to everyone). 

I'm glad you decided to amuse us in the peanut gallery. Smiley
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2015, 03:35:08 PM »

20-something , single, unmarried, and Mormon

No brownie points for guessing the obvious answer here.

Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2015, 04:27:01 PM »

I can't remember.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2015, 04:49:09 PM »

javascript:void(0); gay sex. etc.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2015, 08:50:41 AM »

Nope. I belong to the straight male non-virgin crowd.

If it makes people feel better I definitely thought I'd never get laid when I was in high school. Things get better but as traininthedistance said being the bitter nice guy is not the solution at all.

Got laid last night, even, in spite of creating a majorly awkward situation that ought probably have killed my chances. Tongue
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2015, 02:18:20 PM »

I'd like to see the age breakdown for this haha
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to: