Jim Gerlach retiring (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:46:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Jim Gerlach retiring (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Jim Gerlach retiring  (Read 6861 times)
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« on: January 06, 2014, 01:28:31 PM »

OK. This district might be competitive, but anybody who thinks the dems can count on this for another pickup is dreaming. The district went 51-48 Romney.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 02:55:37 PM »

Are you on narcotics? Open R+2 seat, with the worst governor in the country heading the ticket, and it's safe?

Voted for Romney by 3 points while the country voted Obama by 4; it's R+7, and that's combined with a history of voting more Republican downballot (Gerlach survived 2006 and 2008 without much experience or seniority under his belt in a more Democratic version of this district). Safe, on second thought, is an exaggeration, but it's still no worse than Likely R.

Anyways, I'm wondering about the three candidates floated on PoliticsPA. Could Phil give us some info on them?

I second this Smiley

It's not R+7, it was EVEN in 2008, R+4 in 2012, that doesn't anywhere close to equal R+7.

PVI wise its R+3/4, although margin of victory wise its R+7.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 05:49:28 PM »

Are you on narcotics? Open R+2 seat, with the worst governor in the country heading the ticket, and it's safe?

Voted for Romney by 3 points while the country voted Obama by 4; it's R+7, and that's combined with a history of voting more Republican downballot (Gerlach survived 2006 and 2008 without much experience or seniority under his belt in a more Democratic version of this district). Safe, on second thought, is an exaggeration, but it's still no worse than Likely R.

Anyways, I'm wondering about the three candidates floated on PoliticsPA. Could Phil give us some info on them?

I second this Smiley

It's not R+7, it was EVEN in 2008, R+4 in 2012, that doesn't anywhere close to equal R+7.

Maybe under Dean Chambers math, but it went for Romney 51-48, which is a 3% margin of victory, not 7%.

Yes, Romney won by 3%, but Obama won overall by 4%, therefore its 7 points more republican than the nation. That's what I'm talking about.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 06:07:26 PM »

I second this Smiley

Maybe under Dean Chambers math, but it went for Romney 51-48, which is a 3% margin of victory, not 7%.

Yes, Romney won by 3%, but Obama won overall by 4%, therefore its 7 points more republican than the nation. That's what I'm talking about.

That's your own math, it's not PVI. PVI is Charlie Cook's method and that's not how he does it.

I never claimed that was PVI, that wasn't supposed to be PVI. When I said that it was margin of victory wise, that's what I meant.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies