Jim Gerlach retiring (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:47:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Jim Gerlach retiring (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Jim Gerlach retiring  (Read 6865 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« on: January 06, 2014, 01:52:44 PM »
« edited: January 06, 2014, 02:00:14 PM by IceSpear »

Even with the gerrymander this seat will be competitive.

Also, the sane Republicans seem to be dropping like flies. Young, Wolf, Latham, Capito, Runyan, and now Gerlach. The GOP House will be controlled even more by the far-right elements of the party after the midterms.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 02:58:16 PM »

Well, a "sane conservative" (which Gerlach is according to my criteria) is a "moderate" in present day Republican party. Almost ready to bet, that a winner of Republican primary in his district in may will be more conservative.

Yeah. Liberal and moderate Republicans are long gone, and if these last few election cycles are any indication, sane ones are on their way out the door.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 03:20:32 PM »

I wonder if he's planning on challenging Corbett in the primary...mwa ha ha ha ha ha ha...

His adviser said he won't be running for any office.

More likely is that he's tired of being in the party where people such as Ted Cruz, Michele Bachmann, and Louie Gohmert run the show. And tired of being a House member in general (he seemed to want out in 2010).
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 10:47:07 PM »

I was in the old 13th. I'm now a street outside of it thanks to redistricting. I'm in PA 1 now. I am no where near the new PA 6. I live in Philadelphia.

Hey, we live in the same district. Were you one of the 15% who voted for Featherman? Tongue
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 11:32:01 PM »

I was in the old 13th. I'm now a street outside of it thanks to redistricting. I'm in PA 1 now. I am no where near the new PA 6. I live in Philadelphia.

Hey, we live in the same district. Were you one of the 15% who voted for Featherman? Tongue

Yes and John is a personal friend of mine. Hilariously ironic if people do some research on Featherman...

Oh, now I feel bad for making fun of his vote total.

This is him I'm guessing? http://www.ontheissues.org/senate/John_Featherman.htm
I like his ideology! Too bad, if I could replace Bachmann, Gohmert, or King with him, I would in an instant.

I live in the suburbs, just barely missed being in Meehan's district, which I was annoyed with because I wanted my vote to be able to help House Dems. Damn gerrymandering.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 12:18:11 AM »

If you don't know how I feel about Rick then you really haven't earned your place here.  Tongue

I'll just assume you were devastated when he dropped out before the PA primary then.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies