IL-Gov: Bruce Rauner just unofficially ended his campaign
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:51:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  IL-Gov: Bruce Rauner just unofficially ended his campaign
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: IL-Gov: Bruce Rauner just unofficially ended his campaign  (Read 1669 times)
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2014, 11:12:38 PM »

http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/ward-room/Rauner-Wants-to-Roll-Back-Minimum-Wage-239158171.html

I've been saying this the whole time -- Illinois is not Wyoming or even Wisconsin. Even with an unpopular incumbent Democrat, the state will only elect a very moderate Republican like Mark Kirk. Very conservative Republicans don't stand a chance no matter who the Democrat is, and because of that, Rauner just flushed his campaign down the toilet.
I don't know about that.  It may lean Democrat in presidential elections, but it seems pretty competitive at the state level.  I hope Rutherford wins the nomination so we can beat Quinn.

Are you kidding? State politics are downright run by the Democratic Party here. The Democrats have a supermajority (one of the few states where the Democrats have such) and all of the top executive offices as well. If you think Judy Baar being our Comptroller means Illinois isn't solid Democrat, then that's a little ridiculous. She is more friendly with Dems than Pubs, and holds one of the less important positions.

Brady couldn't even defeat Quinn here in a year that was overwhelmingly Republican-friendly, my friend. If the GOP wants a shot at this state in a neutral year, they'll have to be at the top of their game.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2014, 09:47:40 PM »

Quinn hires De Blasio's campaign manager.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies