Florida 2014 Congressional Races (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:10:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Florida 2014 Congressional Races (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Florida 2014 Congressional Races  (Read 19335 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« on: January 11, 2014, 08:21:06 PM »

David Wagie of Boynton is also running in FL-22, for whatever its worth.

Anyway, the only big development in FL-18 is whether or not Hasner will jump into the race. Ellen Andel is the clear establishment favorite if he doesn't run, but her fundraising has been pitiful. Murphy is the favorite, but as November gets closer, I can see Andel closing the gap a bit. Murphy has been sending video trackers after her, while ignoring Domino (has been), and Turnquest (Allen West 2.0). Katz and Schlesinger are not even on the map.

I most likely will be getting involved in the Andel campaign in a few weeks, as my Congresswoman (Frankel) has no serious opposition.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 06:38:37 PM »

One question i always wanted to ask - isn't Graham at least "somewhat too liberal" for FL-2? As i remember that district - it always (until 2010) had a conservative Democratic tradition with such congressmen as Fuqua, Grant, Peterson, Boyd. It includes a lot of counties, which were typically Dixiecratic at least until recently. May be - somewhat more conservative candidate would be better here?

Graham IS a somewhat more conservative candidate.
I'd vote for Graham over several Florida Republicans. She is a bit on the conservative side of the Democratic Party, but I like her because she seems like a respectable, reasonable moderate instead of your typical "I'm a maverick! Pay attention to me!" style conservative Democrat or liberal Republican.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 02:44:16 PM »
« Edited: January 27, 2014, 06:47:43 PM by ChairmanSanchez »

Adam Hasner has decided against taking on Patrick Murphy in FL-18.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 08:43:43 PM »

I am going to laugh my ass off if she throws this race too.  I mean that is just bad if you do that two times in a row.
If she was twenty years younger, I'd say she is well on her away to becoming the Harold Stassen of Florida.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 06:33:00 PM »

FL-18: Allen West's candidate, Ellen Andel, is dropping out.

She raised $13K last quarter, and only had about $6K in the bank. It's probably for the best she got out.

I'm guessing the nomination goes to Carl Domino. He can self-finance, but still never get near Murphy's numbers.
I was undecided if I would work for Domino or Andel's campaign. Now I am stuck with Domino, which is not a bad thing. Domino won't win (I'm sure of that) but I wouldn't write him off. He has the money to make it competitive. I really, really wished Hasner would have run.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2014, 01:01:46 AM »

Beverly Young is a Florida treasure.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies