If you ran into a Nader voter from 2000 what would you say to them?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:04:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2000 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: If you ran into a Nader voter from 2000 what would you say to them?  (Read 43839 times)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2005, 02:15:59 AM »
« edited: April 10, 2005, 02:22:16 AM by Frodo »

I dislike Greens not because they cost Gore the election- I supported him, but I didn't particularly want him to win- but because they're far left idiots. I would say that to any far left idiot I may encounter, regardless of party affiliation.

And yes, I would like you fanatical leftists to become Greens- you and Jfern in particular, if you're talking about Forum members.

so, being the angy and bitter asshole that you are, why don't you compile a complete list of all the Forum members who are currently Democrats that you would like to see join the Green Party?  by all means, i encourage you to do so.  in fact, you could start a thread on it, and ask the moderators to sticky it.     

You're such a pansy. No need to get so emotional, especially since you're the one who brought the subject up. There's also no need for a separate thread (as you suggested in a poor attempt at sarcasm).

first, i wasn't being emotional.  you generally come across as an asshole especially when the subject turns to leftism, so i described you as such.  perhaps you disagree?

second, my suggestion was hardly one of sarcasm.  i was dead serious about it.  why single out Jfern and me?  i am sure there are others in this forum who you would add to the list -you've implied as much.  so why keep people guessing?  wipe away their doubts.  i really am curious to see just who on this forum (beyond the two you mentioned) you think should leap ship and vote Green.   

You must be logged in to read this quote.

grow up.  if you consider yourself more intelligent than me, i would certainly expect you to exercise some measure of maturity when addressing others.   the two come hand-in-hand. 
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2005, 02:26:31 AM »

Do you want to be more "sensitive", so I don't hurt your feelings? Too bad. If all you can do is whine about how mean I am, go somewhere else. No one wants to hear your bullsh**t.

Why single you out? Because you're the worst Democrat on the forum (yes, worse than Jfern). Actually, Opebo may be slightly worse than you, but he's a racist pedophile, so that's to be expected. All the other Dems are perfectly fine- you're the only problem here.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2005, 02:34:43 AM »

I dislike Greens not because they cost Gore the election- I supported him, but I didn't particularly want him to win- but because they're far left idiots. I would say that to any far left idiot I may encounter, regardless of party affiliation.

And yes, I would like you fanatical leftists to become Greens- you and Jfern in particular, if you're talking about Forum members.

so, being the angy and bitter asshole that you are, why don't you compile a complete list of all the Forum members who are currently Democrats that you would like to see join the Green Party?  by all means, i encourage you to do so.  in fact, you could start a thread on it, and ask the moderators to sticky it.     

You're such a pansy. No need to get so emotional, especially since you're the one who brought the subject up. There's also no need for a separate thread (as you suggested in a poor attempt at sarcasm).

first, i wasn't being emotional.  you generally come across as an asshole especially when the subject turns to leftism, so i described you as such.  perhaps you disagree?

second, my suggestion was hardly one of sarcasm.  i was dead serious about it.  why single out Jfern and me?  i am sure there are others in this forum who you would add to the list -you've implied as much.  so why keep people guessing?  wipe away their doubts.  i really am curious to see just who on this forum (beyond the two you mentioned) you think should leap ship and vote Green.   

grow up.  if you consider yourself more intelligent than me, i would certainly expect you to exercise some measure of maturity when addressing others.   the two come hand-in-hand. 

I see he's get cranky at you, too.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2005, 02:39:02 AM »
« Edited: April 10, 2005, 02:40:38 AM by Frodo »

Why single you out? Because you're the worst Democrat on the forum (yes, worse than Jfern).

how exactly am i the worst thing you have ever encountered?

and how is he a racist?

wow, flattering......  since i have the dubious honor of being on your sh**t-list, it is all the more reason for me to stay. 

i'll resolve to be more active in the future then. 
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2005, 02:39:33 AM »

I would tell them the same thing I tell the Nader voters on campus:

"You saved the American Left.  If Al Gore had been President during the recession and 9-11, there woul dhave been no one else to blame."

The media would have eaten him alive, saying that it wouldn't have happened if Bush was President. The media really hates Gore, they went on and on about how Gore must be a huge liar since he said he invented the internet. The real liars are anyone who says Al Gore said he invented the internet.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2005, 02:45:43 AM »

1. You're an idiot, and you make discussion here worse via your ridiculous posts.

2. He hates white people (and it's funny that you didn't dispute that he's a pedophile).

3. Good for you, pal.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2005, 06:56:39 PM »

"Go to hell, you g idiot". (Greens are very unintelligent in my personal experience).
"Hugging trees, not bombs."
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2005, 08:16:05 PM »

"Go to hell, you g idiot". (Greens are very unintelligent in my personal experience).
"Hugging trees, not bombs."

LOL
went that way
Rookie

« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2005, 09:05:09 PM »

"Ha! I'm a bigger failure than you are!"
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2005, 10:06:40 PM »

Nader voter from 2000: How does it feel to vote for the most hated political candidate in modern history?

Nader voter from 2004: Idiot!  David Cobb was a far better choice for someone with similar views, you could've supported an interesting grassroots candidate  rather than a disgruntled zombie.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2005, 12:11:28 AM »
« Edited: April 11, 2005, 04:51:09 AM by Justice Ernest »

I was a Nader voter in 2000.

Gore lost my vote during the Clinton impeachment.  It’s one thing to support the leader of your party during his time of trouble because of an opposition witchhunt.  It’s something entirely different to effusively praise him and call him one of our greatest Presidents.  Gore brown-nosed too much at that time for me to ever consider him in the future as a worthy Presidential candidate.  That left me with Bush and Nader to choose from.  The attraction of Nader was that he might have been able to jump start the Greens into a viable third party.  I’m definitely not a Green, but a viable third party would definitely give US politics a much needed shake-up, and if the loony left departed the Democrats for the Greens, the Democrats would be a much better party.  In 2000, I never got a sense of why Bush wanted to be President other than it is a really neat job to have, so absent any reason to vote for Bush, I voted Nader.
Redefeatbush04

« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2005, 02:21:36 PM »

If not from Florida or New Hampshire: "what the hell were you thinking."

If from Florida or New Hampshire: words too evil to post
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2005, 03:25:35 PM »

"Hi."

I don't really care who people vote for. It's their business, unless it's Peroutka.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2005, 01:40:59 AM »

I don't really care who people vote for. It's their business, unless it's Peroutka.
Haha, why the exception? Tongue
Inverted Things
Avelaval

« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2005, 03:11:42 PM »

I'm a proud green, and hence will never denigrate Nader's 2000 run.
DanielX
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -4.70

« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2005, 05:48:09 PM »

"Hi."

My brother voted for Peroutka. He was the only candidate that he didn't know well enough to dislike Tongue.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2005, 09:06:19 PM »

(Something like this was posted on DU today and much to my suprise alot of them were saying pretty nasty things.  What would you guys say?)

Thanks Cheesy
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2005, 01:50:31 AM »

"LOOK AT WHAT YOU CAUSED"
skybridge
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2005, 06:52:50 AM »

Jeez!

The moderate-liberals/liberals shouldn't blame the liberals for costing them the election! That contributes to the disunity that has plagued the Democrats for so long.

Gore got hundreds of thousands of votes more than Bush, Nader didn't take those from him. Nader didn't have any say in the Supreme Court ruling. Nader didn't have any influence over the vote counting agencies. Nader's brother wasn't the governor of Florida.

Yeah, but why blame the right, when you can blame yourself?
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2005, 03:32:58 PM »

"Hi."

My brother voted for Peroutka. He was the only candidate that he didn't know well enough to dislike Tongue.
He had more sense than you! Cheesy
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 2.77, S: -3.39

« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2005, 01:20:23 AM »

My dad voted for Nader in 2000, but we lived in Kansas at the time so he figured (correctly) that his vote didn't matter too much.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2005, 07:49:46 PM »
« Edited: July 05, 2005, 07:52:04 PM by htmldon »

Thank you for voting your conscience.  I voted mine.  Gore voters voted theirs.

Al Gore wasn't entitled to any of those votes any more than Bush would have been if the situation were reversed.  It may be safe to assume that if Nader were not on the ballot that a lot of votes, had those voters voted, would have gone to Gore.  But its also safe to assume that had George W. Bush not been on the ballot and there weren't any other options, Al Gore would have gotten more votes.  Nader doesn't have a responsibility to stay off the ballot, nor do his 2000 voters have a responsibility not to vote for him.  Its THEIR vote.  It doesn't belong to Al Gore.  It doesn't belong to George W. Bush.  It doesn't belong to Ralph Nader.  It belongs to them and only them.

It should also be stated that a whole lot of Nader voters were people who merely respected him and his achievements in consumer safety - or folks who just wanted an alternative.  They weren't all necessarily left-wing Green adherents and a decent portion would have even opted to vote for Bush.   The only Nader voter that I know (a friend of mine's mother) falls in to that category.

If the situation were reversed...
Yes, I would be upset that my candidate didn't win.
But I would hate to admit that votes for Peroutka or Buchannan would ever even go to a candidate that I was supporting.  If you are dumb enough to make that kind of choice, then we'll just have to make up that vote elsewhere, thank you very much.
Burn baby, Burn
pellaken
Political Matrix
E: -0.38, S: -1.08

« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2005, 02:39:58 AM »

either:

your the reason everyone in iraq is dead

or

too bad most americans are too stupid to understand how a preferential ballot can make presidental elections more fair
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2005, 02:02:08 AM »

either:

your the reason everyone in iraq is dead

or

too bad most americans are too stupid to understand how a preferential ballot can make presidental elections more fair

Your first statement is very sad but true.

I know someone who voted for Nader in 2000. She lives in Massachusetts and told me at the time that since Al Gore would win the state in a landslide anyway, she felt she could vote for Ralph w/o worrying about it affecting MA. And judging from his showing there, she wasn't alone in her thoughts.

I'm still mad at Nader voters in theory, but one thing I would say to them is:

"Thank you for switching to John Kerry last year, too bad we still couldn't overcome the tidal wave of christian hate coming from the red states, but we tried."
Defarge

Political Matrix
E: -3.13, S: -0.72

« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2005, 11:19:22 AM »

If you voted for Nader in NY or MA, I completely understand.  But if you voted for Nader in FL or NH, you're a freaking idiot.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies