Ann Coulter more stupid than Sarah Palin?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:04:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Ann Coulter more stupid than Sarah Palin?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ann Coulter more stupid than Sarah Palin?  (Read 2809 times)
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 09, 2014, 06:19:22 PM »

For me it isn't even close. Not only is she more stupid and brainwashed than Sarah, she's even an entire league under her male equivalent, Rush Limbaugh. Wink Am I alone? What are your guys take on this bitch? I really can't believe how polite and friendly Sarah is compared to her. And even serious, respectable networks like CNN keep inviting her onto their shows. I just don't get it. She's the troll of the century or at least of the decade.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 06:20:50 PM »

She's friends with Bill Maher, so she's automatically not that bad.
Oedipus Rex
theleftisright
Rookie
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 06:21:37 PM »

I wouldn't say so, considering that her interview skills are markedly stronger.  I think her extreme viewpoints and style are just an act to get money for books.  

Just my $.02.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 06:23:28 PM »

What does this have to do with 2016?
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 06:24:21 PM »

Apparently, Palin/Coulter is the GOP ticket in 2016.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2014, 06:26:33 PM »

Ann Coulter did come out after the election and lambasted "the puracy with lunacy" within the GOP and said it was stupid to be constantly fighting primaries over minute details of abortion policy when the battle had largely been won and the party was firmly Pro-Life overall.

moderatevoter
ModerateVAVoter

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2014, 06:27:41 PM »
« Edited: August 10, 2014, 08:38:11 PM by ModerateVAVoter »

She has shown some sense of intelligence at times.

For example, I completely agreed with her assessment of Liz Cheney's botched Senate bid (along with other blown Senate race by Republicans).

I also remember seeing her on Piers Morgan tonight questioning ideological purity, particularly in the case of the Delaware Senate Race in 2010. She was talking about how Republicans need to understand that they can't always get 100%, and they have to take the best they're going to get.

So while I am certainly no fan, I think she on some occasions does bring up some points which have merit (such as this one).
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2014, 06:28:11 PM »
« Edited: January 09, 2014, 06:34:56 PM by eric82oslo »

I wouldn't say so, considering that her interview skills are markedly stronger.  I think her extreme viewpoints and style are just an act to get money for books.  

Just my $.02.

She's certainly smarter than Sarah (not that it takes a lot), but at the same time she's so much more evil, hostile, fundamentalist, hating of everything that's good in a shared society. She seems like a total loner. And the question she hates the most, is if someone asks her if she's finally gotten a fiancee or boyfriend. Then she totally freaks out, says it's none of your business and almost treatens to cancel the entire show. She's such a moron words couldn't even give a justifiable description to the extent of it. She seems to hate everyone and flipflops every other week. One week McCain is an okey - almost cool - guy and the only one who could possibly beat the Democrats. The next week McCain is a traitor and should almost be executed for treason. Same story with her "support" for Romney. She's such a mentally unstable person. And people still give her airtime. I just can't fathom it. You can say a lot about Sarah Palin, but personally I wouldn't describe her as mentally unstable. At least not in public, maybe in private though, as many have insinuated already, including the bigraphic film on her ascent to world fame, Game Changer.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2014, 06:29:01 PM »

Ah, just more people making fun of the joke candidates who will never realistically run anyway. I love this board Tongue
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2014, 06:29:51 PM »

What I will say on the matter is that Sarah Palin at least believes that evolution should be taught in school, not creationism. Ann Coulter rejects evolutionism.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2014, 06:31:06 PM »
« Edited: January 09, 2014, 06:37:56 PM by eric82oslo »

I think her point is pretty good, not to mention, I just think it's hilarious how she seems to hate Newt.

It's not hilarious, as I've yet to seen her not hate anyone. Even those she supports, it takes one event or a few days, and she's totally against them and telling everyone how it would be a total disaster to vote for them. Tongue She must be the least trustworthy (and one of the most evil) persons on earth. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2014, 06:32:49 PM »

She has shown some sense of intelligence at times.

For example, I completely agreed with her assessment of Liz Cheney's botched Senate bid (along with other blown Senate race by Republicans).
Here's a link to that sequence if anyone is unsure what I'm referring to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv4j_Toi7i0
I think her point is pretty good, not to mention, I just think it's hilarious how she seems to hate Newt.

I also remember seeing her on Piers Morgan tonight questioning ideological purity, particularly in the case of the Delaware Senate Race in 2010. She was talking about how Republicans need to understand that they can't always get 100%, and they have to take the best they're going to get.

So while I am certainly no fan, I think she on some occasions does bring up some points which have merit (such as this one), which make me think she isn't entirely crazy. Sometimes.

She also supported Rob Simmons against Linda McMahon in the 2010 CT Senate primary arguing that his military service would contrast better against Blumenthal who had a scandal regarding his service then the wife of the wrestling CEO and all the controversy that surrounds that. Of course that was our brilliant establishment types blowing races in that case thinking money was all the mattered.

She is abrasive as hell and sometimes her criteria is a little weird (she loved Romney, hated romney and then loved him again over the past six years for instance), but she has a strategic sense that out weighs Rush or many of theo ther talking heads on the right.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2014, 06:35:29 PM »

Ah, just more people making fun of the joke candidates who will never realistically run anyway. I love this board Tongue

Coulter/Trump would be more fun though. Tongue
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2014, 06:37:20 PM »

What I will say on the matter is that Sarah Palin at least believes that evolution should be taught in school, not creationism. Ann Coulter rejects evolutionism.

At least Sarah Palin tries to appear sympathetic to the greater public. Ann Coulter on the other hand tries to be the new Hitler, it seems. Tongue I'd much rather have a stupid, kinda sympathetic person than a semi-smart, evil person. Wink
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2014, 06:39:19 PM »

At least Sarah Palin tries to appear sympathetic to the greater public. Ann Coulter on the other hand tries to be the new Hitler, it seems. Tongue I'd much rather have a stupid, kinda sympathetic person than a semi-smart, evil person. Wink
As long as she had someone very smart as her VP, haha.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2014, 06:43:07 PM »

Ann Coulter isn't stupid, she's an actress. Andrew Sullivan describes her as a conservative vaudeville act.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2014, 06:44:24 PM »

Sarah Palin is more attention seeking and clueless, Ann Coulter is more mean spirited and willfully ignorant.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2014, 07:03:55 PM »

Sarah Palin is more attention seeking and clueless, Ann Coulter is more mean spirited and willfully ignorant.

Agreed. Tongue Not sure about the attention seeking part though? Couldn't possibly think of a person more attention seeking and loving of that attention than Ann Coulter. Wink Even Bill O'Reilley only comes so far. And Palin doesn't even reach O'Reilley to the knee in that matter. Certainly Ann Coulter must be one of the most attention seeking personalities in the US, or the world. Tongue
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2014, 07:05:31 PM »

Ann Coulter isn't stupid, she's an actress. Andrew Sullivan describes her as a conservative vaudeville act.

Right. In real life she's probably a latte liberal. Good racket, though.
Consciously Unconscious
Liberty Republican
United States

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2014, 07:12:38 PM »

I usually really like her Ann Coulter.  I hated her latest article about Duck Dynasty though.  It was ridiculous.  There's some other points I disagree with her on as well. 
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2014, 08:19:55 PM »

I hate her as much as the next person, but calling her a bitch?

Yeah thats a bit too far
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2014, 08:27:54 PM »

Yeah thats a bit too far

No. Not really. Though, maybe she is just misunderstood. I don't understand her. I'm open to but probably never will.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2014, 08:37:52 PM »

That is her game. She wants to keep people mystified so to speak and thus always talking about her, and more important, watching/listening to her as a futile method of trying to figure her out.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2014, 09:22:22 PM »

Coulter is smarter than Palin, but she's more venomous because she knows who her base is and wants them to buy her books.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2014, 09:27:28 PM »

Yeah thats a bit too far

I never call anyone a bitch, but she certainly deserves the label. Tongue I honestly can't think of a single female person throughout history I've ever hated more, seriously. Wink
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies