If you want to go. Go.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:00:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  If you want to go. Go.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: If you want to go. Go.  (Read 2621 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2014, 05:48:38 PM »

He said he called him that because "he is literally fighting for his freedom". Makes sense.

Is someone on the run for having sex with someone underage a freedom fighter?

I can't say I would reach that conclusion personally.

Is an adult middle aged male, self exiled in Thailand who buys sex from prostitutes and advocated, even if not while personally doing so, the freedom of others (and calling them Freedom Fighters) to partake in sexual acts with bought 14 year old girls, a 'freedom fighter.' because the owner of this forum took the decision to ban him on that basis?

But that was just his forum persona, you see?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2014, 06:05:34 PM »

Posters should never be banned for holding certain views and beliefs, especially on a non-partisan political forum like this that values debate and a free exchange of ideas.

Well, Dave disagrees, at least in certain cases like this.  Shortly before the banning, Dave asked us on the mod board if opebo had any made any endorsements of sex with kids more recent than the 2005 posts, so we pointed him to the Polanski posts, as well as the more recent stuff that was deleted/infracted some time ago, but which is still viewable on the mod board.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2014, 06:19:22 PM »

Posters should never be banned for holding certain views and beliefs, especially on a non-partisan political forum like this that values debate and a free exchange of ideas.

Well, Dave disagrees, at least in certain cases like this.  Shortly before the banning, Dave asked us on the mod board if opebo had any made any endorsements of sex with kids more recent than the 2005 posts, so we pointed him to the Polanski posts, as well as the more recent stuff that was deleted/infracted some time ago, but which is still viewable on the mod board.

Two examples, for the forum, of these disturbing posts include the nude picture of a 14 year old actress and the posts such as the one about the perfect society; 'implement complete legality of any sexual practice (though with a sliding scale of prices and regulation - for example, we would have no 'age of consent', but prices would get quite high the lower you go' - have of course been deleted and cannot be found in a general search of the forum.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2014, 06:26:15 PM »

Two examples, for the forum, of these disturbing posts include the nude picture of a 14 year old actress….

Wait, sorry, what?  There was a fully clothed picture of a 14 year old in the "hot girls" thread, but what are you talking about with a nude picture?
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2014, 06:30:53 PM »

If that was not the case (and I had no desire to investigate further a broken link) then i'll retract.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2014, 06:35:39 PM »
« Edited: January 12, 2014, 06:37:16 PM by Mr. Morden »

If that was not the case (and I had no desire to investigate further a broken link) then i'll retract.

Here's the pic in question:

http://www.exposay.com/celebrity-photos/kara-hayward-22nd-gotham-independent-film-wbrmUl.jpg

(Inks's reference of it on the mod board: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=170267.msg3648465#msg3648465 )

So, yeah, she's fully clothed.  Though it was deleted/infracted anyway because there was a prohibition on posting pics of the underaged in the Hot Girls thread.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2014, 07:30:43 PM »

While the #atlasforum IRC is clearly not the forum, opebo (or someone with a Thai IP and access to opebo's account) reaffirmed his support for NAMBLA there on the evening prior to his banning. Someone else might have a copy of the chatlog.

That was some other opebo. Stop spreading falsehoods!!11
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2014, 07:44:32 PM »

While the #atlasforum IRC is clearly not the forum, opebo (or someone with a Thai IP and access to opebo's account) reaffirmed his support for NAMBLA there on the evening prior to his banning. Someone else might have a copy of the chatlog.
Sharing information from IRC chats, unless there was a direct physical threat to an Atlas forum member, is a big no no.  For obvious reasons.

All of the operators understand this.  So keep it in mind.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2014, 11:44:17 PM »

Sharing information from IRC chats, unless there was a direct physical threat to an Atlas forum member, is a big no no.  For obvious reasons.

All of the operators understand this.  So keep it in mind.

As one of those operators I'm confident that there is no such universally-acknowledged rule.
You were just made operator, mostly at my insistence that Cincinnatus add more operators.  He added Cathcon, as requested, and you because he thought you'd be good at it.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies