Has political correctness gone too far (especially during the winter season)? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:41:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Has political correctness gone too far (especially during the winter season)? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Has political correctness gone too far (especially during the winter season)?  (Read 4481 times)
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« on: January 12, 2014, 09:53:50 PM »

The left trying censor religious speech or stupid words like "penmanship".
Absolute most ridiculous strawman in the history of the Atlas Forum. If you were joking, very nice, because I literally LOLed for about 20 seconds at the sheer absurdity of it.
http://www.ijreview.com/2013/05/49446-new-washington-state-law-bans-words-penmanship-freshman-fisherman-as-sexist/

I'm not joking.

Meh, whatever. Some fool in Washington goes overboard with his word list on an otherwise OK bill, and you spin it to "those loony liberals are banning the word "penmanship" for being sexist!!!!"

I was spinning it? lol This thread is about political correctness, right?

<Not sure if srs>  Yes, you listed "The right for trying to censor 'immorality' as they call it," and
 "The left trying censor religious speech or stupid words like 'penmanship'," as your examples of how political correctness has gone amok.

By listing them as your two examples, you implied that they were a big deal and around equal in stature.  I'll grant that the right does often try to enforce its moral code on the country, and that that is a nationwide thing, but it's very obviously absurd to suggest that censoring the word "penmanship" is some kind of general characteristic of liberals.  It happened once in one state, buried inside a non-ridiculous bill.  Virtually no liberal in the entire country supports it. It's textbook, indisputable spin on your part to imply otherwise.

This.

I was going to say something but going around and correcting the baseless hyperbole of trolls just get's tiring.

I wonder how often these right wingers use the word "penmanship"?  If this is the example of the horrors of liberalism I guess we can consider liberalism pretty benign.

Against my better nature I clicked on the link to the "source."  The guy that runs the site goes by the name "bubba."   So as usual another great source.
So, the name "bubba" isn't politically correct either? It's a wonder you liberals can even speak...
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 10:09:37 PM »

So, the name "bubba" isn't politically correct either? It's a wonder you liberals can even speak...

Why are you using "politically correct" as an adjective to describe everything from apples to zebras?  Is this a new annoying libertarian thing?
The better question is what do you have against the name bubba?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies