Office of Former President and Gov. DemPGH
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:43:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Former President and Gov. DemPGH
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 17
Author Topic: Office of Former President and Gov. DemPGH  (Read 23129 times)
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 13, 2014, 12:21:14 PM »
« edited: October 03, 2014, 02:43:21 PM by DemPGH, President »

This is my office, currently under construction.

The Pacific has seen vast strides of improvement in the last term. I'll fill in more later, and feel free to ask questions, aways.

I am respectfully yours.
Your humble public servant,
DemPGH

sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 12:52:13 PM »

I'm cool with you coming back to the North
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 01:19:45 PM »

What's the matter DEM? I'm confused :/
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 04:53:38 PM »

Just being goofy - it's gotten to that point and there's not much to do that's constructive, although I see we're back open for business. Woohoo!!!

Cool, man. And btw, if it has entered your mind to go to the Pacific, think again, unless you bring with you about four or five people.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 08:03:21 PM »

Oooh this is gonna be fun. Tongue
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2014, 05:41:51 PM »

Well, every time I think I'm done, that's it, something happens.

We will have an open Senate seat in the Pac, and I would be lying if I said I was not mildly interested. I have taken great interest in reviving the Pacific since Rimjob because I like challenges. You have to put up with my complaining and venting on occasion, but I have been invested in maintaining and revitalizing this region.

As I have said, consolidation of regions is a very popular concept but is problematic in reality. We will have to find ways to stimulate the region's activity, and I am encouraged by Devin's entrance and also by the activity of Superique and Tyrion. All are assets to a region whose primary challenge is to attract people. if we do that, we solve our activity problems!

I've been the Attorney General, the Vice President, the Speaker here in the Pacific, and a Councillor.

We are very close to passing a new constitution, written by Tyrion and Oakvale, and edited by me. It has been my first priority, and we are very close! You know me to be progressive socially and economically, and to understand the complexities of game reform. First and foremost, we must take into consideration all the ramifications of reform, and enact the most sensible of reforms.

More to come later.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2014, 05:54:13 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

So..stay in the Pacific because now you have a chance at actually becoming Senator?..  The region needs leadership, not opportunists.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2014, 05:57:48 PM »

So..stay in the Pacific because now you have a chance at actually becoming Senator?..  The region needs leadership, not opportunists.

You don't get the humor of "Fear and Loathing in the Pacific," eh? We were shut down and had strikes. I was making a joke. Our budget is still up in the air.

Can you say I've not been interested in the region? And where are you now, btw? NY?
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2014, 06:39:36 PM »

You don't get the humor of "Fear and Loathing in the Pacific," eh? We were shut down and had strikes. I was making a joke. Our budget is still up in the air.

Can you say I've not been interested in the region? And where are you now, btw? NY?

No one says you're not interested in the region. You're still in the Pacific because opportunity arose, own it.  Just don't be a sh**tty Senator, and you'll be fine.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2014, 06:57:46 PM »

No one says you're not interested in the region. You're still in the Pacific because opportunity arose, own it.  Just don't be a sh**tty Senator, and you'll be fine.

I promise everyone I will not be. I've pushed relentlessly for the stability of the region, and as the Senate discusses what it is going to do for us, I surely want some input.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2014, 08:12:50 PM »

Additionally, there is also a legislative agenda that I wish to pursue, the details of which will come before long. While I am willing to compromise, I will protect the rights of workers, the environment, and the right of people to make their own choices with regard to their personal lives.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2014, 06:23:02 AM »

Endorsed. We've had our differences but DemPGH is one of the ablest public servants in Atlasia and will make a fine Senator for our troubled region.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2014, 12:02:11 PM »
« Edited: January 17, 2014, 12:10:11 PM by Pac. Speaker DemPGH »

Thanks, Oak, it means a lot! Like I said in your thread, you handled it admirably, communicated with me, and did everything you said you were going to do to include sticking to your timeline. A few honest policy differences is no biggie. Thanks.

A few ideas:

1) I would like to propose something called "The Dysfunction of Regions Act." This will make it easier for the President, the applicable regional senator, and the applicable governor (all or a combination) to act directly to fill out regional legislatures that slip into debilitating inactivity. If the legislature ceases to function for whatever reason, the regional constitution could be temporarily overridden and interested citizens from across Atlasia or in the region that has become inactive could be brought it on an emergency basis to fill out the legislature until normal activity resumes or elections held with enough candidates to fill the posts.

2) I would like to propose "The Regulation of Militias Act." Private militias are disarmed and banned. Stand-alone public militias are disarmed and relegated to any of these: 1) Auxiliary police under control of the National Guard, 2) damage control and disaster assessment, and / or 3) emergency response.

3) I would like to interact with the Senate more concerning the Pacific since I've been active on the inside there for some time, and hope before long to get a better concept of what actually is being proposed. One way to save the region money is to slash non-essential infrastructure projects, and certainly non-essential spending for start-up businesses and the like. I do, however, oppose solutions that undermine environmental safety and regulations.    

4) My pet project will be Education, in all likelihood, and I hope to have some ideas soon with regard to strengthening physical education and after school programs, and developing cross-curricular projects. One great example would be that no matter what one chooses to study or do in life, a knowledge of Business is almost essential. If you write grant proposals, for instance, in some corner of academia, it helps to understand Business. So I'll have some ideas there.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2014, 04:57:37 PM »

I'm taking a sabbatical for a little while at least, so if I'm needed someone should let me know or PM me. There's nothing more that I can do other than refuse to surrender out of spite. And that's pretty much what's keeping me here. I HATE to quit, even if I have to work around trolls and even if I have no council to actually lead. I'm also very much against turning back the clock on environmental de-regulation, and would like to have the chance to reinstate as many environmental regulations as I can.

PJ and I could run the region in the event that Flo goes federal. Why not? (Yeah, they won't let that happen, I know that).

Activity cannot be legislated, so if not, then the merger that Tyrion proposed sounds like a good idea to me, and this I like a great deal:

I would support this if it is a five member legislature,  two elected from the Pacific, two from the Midwest, one at-large. We would elect separate Governors that both have to sign for legislation that the legislature passes, and we both elect regional Senators.

This seems very sensible so long as the Midwest is amenable and agrees that they have activity problems as well, although I take it that those problems are not as paralyzing.

If the right won't agree to this or anything like it, then here is my proposal: Everyone exit the region.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2014, 06:27:22 PM »

I think it's safe to say that dumping more money into the Pacific will not solve the integral problem of a lack of activity, and a lack of interest, in the Pacific. I appreciate the federal government's rhetoric, but it fails to confront the central problems. We should not "kick the can down the road" by assuming that more money pumped into the Pacific will solve its problems.

If an arrangement cannot be made which will allow the Pacific and the Midwest to share a government, then those opposed to such a merger give the impression that they are more in favor of the status quo than in tackling the core problem. I've been passionately involved in trying to revive the Pacific, but at this time I have to say that the status quo is NOT tenable.

Simply tossing more money at any region that suffers from a lack of interest and activity is wasting the money, really.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2014, 06:39:44 PM »

Huge applauses!
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2014, 10:38:55 PM »

Hear, hear.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2014, 12:45:07 PM »

WHAT is going on now? Of course I haven't a clue. Why would I? Without any warning whatsoever, our Governor appears to have resigned and de-registered, as well as one long-time member of the Northeast.

With regard to the Pacific, I shall as its Speaker assume the role of Acting Governor and attempt to get to the bottom of what exactly is going on.

As to other issues:

It appears that we will be receiving our bailout package soon, so some research and questions will be undertaken expeditiously.

The new Constitution sits idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean.

Probably time to channel my inner Hunter S. Thompson. Wink
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2014, 12:58:30 PM »

I have no idea what's going on or why PJ suddenly left but I'm glad we have someone capable and competent as acting Governor. Obviously you have my full support and whatever help I can possibly offer during these strange times for the region.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2014, 01:05:48 PM »
« Edited: January 28, 2014, 04:33:27 PM by Acting Pac. Gov. DemPGH »

Thank you kindly, Oakvale.

For the record, I pledge to work in good faith with the federal Government, to do what I can to move things along, and hopefully we can get some answers before long.

More later. It's never dull in the Pacific, people!

EDIT: We're going to pick up and move on. Everyone has been caught off guard as I have.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2014, 01:07:13 PM »

Goddammit. Why does this keep happening?
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2014, 03:44:02 PM »
« Edited: January 28, 2014, 03:47:28 PM by Acting Pac. Gov. DemPGH »

A couple of announcements:

We need to get the new, 4th Constitution to referendum, so I expect to deal with that in the near future. The main issue from my end now is that the text is in edit format and is not presentable.

I will firmly support, going forward, consolidation in whatever constitutional or legal means in which it may become available.

I intend to stay on as Acting Governor or Governor as long as necessary.

Finally, ASK ME QUESTIONS!

Goddammit. Why does this keep happening?

Are you superstitious? I'm not, but if you are, I have a couple good explanations along those lines. Grin
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2014, 04:15:46 PM »

I will fill this position in the near future.

Next will be moving the constitution to referendum.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2014, 04:22:54 PM »

I am not superstitious in the slightest. I refuse to believe any conspiracy theories. Tongue
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2014, 05:19:32 PM »

We will miss PJ, and hopefully his reason for leaving will be revealed at some point, since there's nothing worse than seeing a great person go without a reason. That said, I trust you to be a great Acting Governor, DemPGH, and I wish you the best of luck leading the Pacific.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 17  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies