Office of Former President and Gov. DemPGH
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:03:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Former President and Gov. DemPGH
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17
Author Topic: Office of Former President and Gov. DemPGH  (Read 23119 times)
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: March 10, 2014, 12:13:51 AM »

I applaud our Governor for his actions to better the situations of those negatively affected by the drought.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #101 on: March 12, 2014, 08:10:55 PM »
« Edited: March 12, 2014, 08:14:39 PM by DemPGH »

Dear People:

A brief if belated statement to say that I'm encouraged by the recent report showing an improvement in the Pacific economy!

I've been able to act on several core goals. My first was securing the 4th Constitution, and we did that. After that followed the stimulus, and I regret that we got off on the wrong foot with the federal government in reference to that. The President's office and the crisis manager have been wonderful to work with, and I only wish that things had started a little better. Going forward in the time I have left, I will prioritize business investment and spending that invites return - because that's the answer for the pacific long-term. We can talk about the taxes and so forth, but we need people to generate revenue. And as long as I am here, I will be a ferocious defender of civil liberties. Ferocious.

Finally, with just a little interest I always knew that this region could be strong! Our current council of Flo, who is also the Speaker, and TheCranberry and Devin have been great. I have to say that when Siren left due to RL obligations, I thought, "Whaaaaaaaat now?!" But both Devin and TheCranberry, though, wrote me in detail about their interest in joining the council, and certainly they have been valuable members thus far. Even though PJ, Siren, and others have left us, I am hopeful that our best days lie ahead. Smiley

DemPGH, Pac. Gov.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #102 on: March 17, 2014, 06:11:03 PM »

Dear People:

I want it flatly understood that as an ardent social and economic progressive, I will not support polygamy, which is defined as the institution of keeping more than one wife or husband.

Students of history, sociology, literature, or any number of subjects will note polygamy's relationship to backward and oppressive social systems, most notably with regard to the collection of women as brides. I will not stand for it, and I will not accept as policy the degenerate quasi-libertarian argument for it. It is not practiced in the developed, secular world for the reason that it is incompatible with equality. That's a matter of fact.

X DemPGH, Pac. Gov.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #103 on: March 17, 2014, 06:31:14 PM »

What about three men who all marry each other? Or five men and seven women who are all married in a giant love dodecahedron?
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #104 on: March 17, 2014, 07:22:15 PM »

Then let them be partners, Alfred!

You're talking about the collection of spouses, and I will not go along with that. You guys really don't understand the economic advantages / aspects of marriage.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #105 on: March 17, 2014, 07:29:15 PM »

So are you endorsing separate but equal? Or are you endorsing polyamorous civil unions (though I'm sure you're up on the status of marriage at the federal level)?
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #106 on: March 17, 2014, 07:38:29 PM »

So are you endorsing separate but equal? Or are you endorsing polyamorous civil unions (though I'm sure you're up on the status of marriage at the federal level)?

No. I'm saying, polygamy is the conjugal version of "right to work."
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #107 on: March 17, 2014, 07:39:17 PM »

As in?
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #108 on: March 17, 2014, 07:50:48 PM »

As in?

It gives advantage to the person who can collect spouses! Marriage is economic. It always has been.

I don't care who has a threesome, foursome, or fivesome, though. Whatever. Have fun, if that's your thing. Although I disagree with you on CHIMPS since they are a DIFFERENT SPECIES. Emphasis on SPECIES. 
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #109 on: March 17, 2014, 07:53:49 PM »

As in?

It gives advantage to the person who can collect spouses! Marriage is economic. It always has been.

I don't care who has a threesome, foursome, or fivesome, though. Whatever. Have fun, if that's your thing. Although I disagree with you on CHIMPS since they are a DIFFERENT SPECIES. Emphasis on SPECIES. 

This isn't about collecting spouses unless you want it to be - what if all three people are married to each other?

And I never said I supported chimpanzee-human marriage at the current moment. I simply said that, if a chimp and a human were to give informed consent to marry each other, I would support their union. I, personally, am not a speciesist.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #110 on: March 21, 2014, 07:59:45 PM »

Pacificans,

The voting booth is now open on the amendment to V.2.6 of the Constitution, which says that you can only change states once every 180 days. Prior, you could move state to state within your region as often as you wanted, but that changes with this. Whatever state you pick is the state in which you remain for the duration of your stay in your region (minimum 180 days).

I'll have to read through the entirety of the discussion on it; I'm not sure why changing states needs to be restricted unless it's for the convenience of the registrar.
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #111 on: March 22, 2014, 12:59:32 AM »

Since regions, namely the IDS, have created electoral districts, it has become clear that changing state registration within a region does serve an electoral purpose. As such, we chose to unify the standard.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #112 on: March 22, 2014, 03:10:16 AM »

Since regions, namely the IDS, have created electoral districts, it has become clear that changing state registration within a region does serve an electoral purpose. As such, we chose to unify the standard.
Why then not adopt this law just in the IDS, and leave the other regions be?
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #113 on: March 22, 2014, 04:06:11 PM »

The Pacific Northwest is unfortunately known for Bigfoot sighting. Fortunately, A Bigfoot expedition has recently returned, undertaken by the University of the Pacific's Biology and Archaeology departments. The Governor's office kept a very close eye on these proceedings.

The context is that I would caution against interpreting UFOs as "aliens." Tongue More likely, they are meteors, ball lightning, secret aircraft, or misidentifications of other prosaic objects.

The Bigfoot Research Project undertaken by the University of the Pacific concluded that 100% of Bigfoot sightings are:

63% = Misidentifications
35% = Hoaxes / Man in suit
  2% = Camera flaws or misreadings of what was actually photographed (blob of darkness)

President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #114 on: March 22, 2014, 04:16:19 PM »
« Edited: March 22, 2014, 04:19:12 PM by Senator Tyrion »

Why then not adopt this law just in the IDS, and leave the other regions be?

To give the RG less work Smiley

And, of course, members of a state can constitutionally reject a regional change unilaterally. The ability to change states willy-nilly would make that process a complete farce.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #115 on: March 22, 2014, 07:41:05 PM »

I applaud the governor's rational and healthily sceptical approach to this.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #116 on: March 22, 2014, 10:36:10 PM »

The Pacific Northwest is unfortunately known for Bigfoot sighting. Fortunately, A Bigfoot expedition has recently returned, undertaken by the University of the Pacific's Biology and Archaeology departments. The Governor's office kept a very close eye on these proceedings.

The context is that I would caution against interpreting UFOs as "aliens." Tongue More likely, they are meteors, ball lightning, secret aircraft, or misidentifications of other prosaic objects.

The Bigfoot Research Project undertaken by the University of the Pacific concluded that 100% of Bigfoot sightings are:

63% = Misidentifications
35% = Hoaxes / Man in suit
  2% = Camera flaws or misreadings of what was actually photographed (blob of darkness)

Horribly inaccurate. Found one:

DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #117 on: March 27, 2014, 09:37:05 AM »

I'm declaring a state of emergency in Washington with regard to the tragic mudslide. We'll assist in damage assessment, clean-up, recovery, and I am reviewing avenues for federal assistance.

I am encouraged by the fact that many who were missing / feared dead are, in fact, turning up safe.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #118 on: March 27, 2014, 09:51:35 AM »

Please let us know what we can do to help. Cincinnatus and I have already discussed this and are ready for whatever we need to do to assist you and the region.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #119 on: April 03, 2014, 05:21:47 PM »

Dear People,

Time is drawing near, and I admit that I am strongly considering a run for Governor in the upcoming April elections. I did not intend ever to do this, but I am convinced that, with the assistance of individuals like Cinci and Oakvale, we have established a stable community of leadership that will move the Pacific forward. Additionally, the situation with the Council appears to have stabilized, and we need an active council above all. I consider Flo a friend, so if I run, it will not be an adversarial election. Just a competitive one, and the Pacific needs an actual election! Our Senator ran unopposed and we routinely struggle to fill council seats.

In the event that I run, you can count on me to protect civil liberties at all costs, but to steer a pro business course in reviving the economy of the Pacific. Currently, we are working on an omnibus bill that will allocate federal spending to revive the economy. As I see it, we must invest in business and education, but not spend wastefully. I favor books over additional technology, for instance. We must protect the environment, but not to detrimental lengths.

I would support a further reduction in 1) sales, 2) gasoline, and 3) alcohol taxes as well. We're a wine-rich region, and I'd like to see our winemakers supported.

I'd support exempting new and start-up business from acknowledging union organization for one year. Only one year. Under our current crisis, I believe this would be justifiable.

I would support reasonable investment credits.

You can also count on me to be realistic; our economy surely trumps contact with E.T.!

Feel free to ask any questions as this is a short-lived "exploratory committee." 

X DemPGH, Pac. Gov.
Fed. Pac. Chairman Devin
Devin
United States

« Reply #120 on: April 03, 2014, 06:08:04 PM »

Dear People:

A brief if belated statement to say that I'm encouraged by the recent report showing an improvement in the Pacific economy!

I've been able to act on several core goals. My first was securing the 4th Constitution, and we did that. After that followed the stimulus, and I regret that we got off on the wrong foot with the federal government in reference to that. The President's office and the crisis manager have been wonderful to work with, and I only wish that things had started a little better. Going forward in the time I have left, I will prioritize business investment and spending that invites return - because that's the answer for the pacific long-term. We can talk about the taxes and so forth, but we need people to generate revenue. And as long as I am here, I will be a ferocious defender of civil liberties. Ferocious.

Finally, with just a little interest I always knew that this region could be strong! Our current council of Flo, who is also the Speaker, and TheCranberry and Devin have been great. I have to say that when Siren left due to RL obligations, I thought, "Whaaaaaaaat now?!" But both Devin and TheCranberry, though, wrote me in detail about their interest in joining the council, and certainly they have been valuable members thus far. Even though PJ, Siren, and others have left us, I am hopeful that our best days lie ahead. Smiley

DemPGH, Pac. Gov.
Thank you for the kind words Governor. Also I have a couple questions. Do you support hate crime laws, if so should they be applied to whites to? What do you feel should be the maximum sentence for sexual assault, or false accusations? Do you support restitution for slavery? What do you feel was/is your greatest achievement?
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #121 on: April 03, 2014, 08:26:20 PM »

Thank you for the kind words Governor. Also I have a couple questions. Do you support hate crime laws, if so should they be applied to whites to? What do you feel should be the maximum sentence for sexual assault, or false accusations? Do you support restitution for slavery? What do you feel was/is your greatest achievement?

Time is limited at the moment, but. . .

1. Sure, I support hate crimes so long as hate can actually be established as a motive. I don't suppose that that should be too difficult, but in principe, yes. But I would require some motive of hate, though. Applied to whites? Of course.

2. sexual assault: I think a maximum of seven to eight years is reasonable, but I'm skeptical of minimum penalties. I'm not comfortable with that concept.

3. Restitution For Slavery: No. I feel that enough time has elapsed that we can find more effective remedies to aid the disadvantaged descendants of slaves. Education equality is a good example.  

4. My greatest achievement has been the passage of the 4th Constitution, which effectively ended the "Wolfenstitution," as well as the passage of the recent stimulus, which we're attempting to finalize.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #122 on: April 03, 2014, 09:46:45 PM »

If you decide to run, consider this my endorsement. The pacific needs experienced management, and it sounds like you've done a great job of attempting to revive the region.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #123 on: April 04, 2014, 12:07:54 AM »

Will there be a contested Labor Party primary? I love a good contest! Cheesy
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #124 on: April 04, 2014, 02:37:23 PM »

DemPGH's leadership and assistance has been a vital part of this Pacific recovery we've been working on over the past months, and that's manifested itself in clear signs of recovering activity, falling unemployment, and structural reforms. The passage of a functioning Constitution is a landmark on the road to recovery. A DemPGH candidacy for re-election would have my full and enthusiastic support- we need an experienced leader during these difficult times.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies