Office of Former President and Gov. DemPGH
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:16:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Former President and Gov. DemPGH
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17
Author Topic: Office of Former President and Gov. DemPGH  (Read 23161 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: April 04, 2014, 03:33:48 PM »

I, too, will stand with DemPGH. He's stepped up to the plate following the death of PJ, and worked with my administration to enact sound policies that has undoubtedly put the Pacific on the road to recovery. I would welcome another term with open arms.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #126 on: April 04, 2014, 08:14:58 PM »

If you decide to run, consider this my endorsement. The pacific needs experienced management, and it sounds like you've done a great job of attempting to revive the region.

Excellent news. It should go without saying that a DemPGH candidacy for any office will have my support.

DemPGH's leadership and assistance has been a vital part of this Pacific recovery we've been working on over the past months, and that's manifested itself in clear signs of recovering activity, falling unemployment, and structural reforms. The passage of a functioning Constitution is a landmark on the road to recovery. A DemPGH candidacy for re-election would have my full and enthusiastic support- we need an experienced leader during these difficult times.

I, too, will stand with DemPGH. He's stepped up to the plate following the death of PJ, and worked with my administration to enact sound policies that has undoubtedly put the Pacific on the road to recovery. I would welcome another term with open arms.

I cannot express how it pleases me to accept and thank you gentlemen for your kind words and acknowledgment of our efforts! There's still clearly a long way to go, but we have the ball rolling, and I think the federal government's cooperation with us will jumpstart the region and let us do some special things with it.

Will there be a contested Labor Party primary? I love a good contest! Cheesy

Haha, that wasn't exactly number 1 on my wish list, but now that you mention it, we'll see soon enough! Tongue
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #127 on: April 05, 2014, 04:22:40 PM »

I'l be running for Governor, so more to come, but I'm going to ask the Council to focus on finalizing the stimulus. We have 50 million dollars allocated for the WA mudslide, and I'm proposing 1.5 billion for total drought relief. I'm contacting several people about infrastructure.

Also, this will be my official thread. So, I may maintenance it - my attempts at humor and my wine-soaked diatribes (aren't we all entitled to a few wine-soaked diatribes?) may distract rom actual business. Tongue

I'm just very pleased that the federal government and my office are on the same page, and I want to stress to you that the "Wolfenstitution" is over! I only want the region to compete with the others, and I welcome input and questions. I am not a dominator, I'm here to make the ball roll. I want to play by the rules as well.

Once upon a time, this region was seriously dead, and we have tangible potential at this point.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #128 on: April 05, 2014, 09:17:08 PM »
« Edited: April 05, 2014, 09:23:18 PM by DemPGH »

Haha, you know me as a history buff, hopefully, so let me take this opportunity to unveil the official campaign banner. It's none other than the classic image of the boar.

I implore the council to prioritize the stimulus, but more to come, and I welcome questions.

DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #129 on: April 06, 2014, 04:18:31 PM »

I want to make a general comment about a bill we've had on the floor in the Pacific for a while - the Rural Housing bill. It's an expansive bill that provides various forms of assistance to impoverished rural inhabitants, WHICH in principle I support.

Section two of the bill requires that twenty thousand houses be built, and I cannot justify the Pacific doing that. I could support the bill with that gone, and I think we should require proof of income or proof of some effort of the people to support themselves. Otherwise, houses would be built that would be trashed in about a year.

Next: I will support some form of a "rural housing project" in the infrastructure part of the stimulus. That's actually a good idea, but it needs to be proposed that way.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #130 on: April 07, 2014, 11:08:43 AM »

I endorse your bid for re-election.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #131 on: April 07, 2014, 02:39:50 PM »
« Edited: April 07, 2014, 03:04:38 PM by DemPGH »

I endorse your bid for re-election.

Thanks much, Simfan, you have my gratitude!

My own reasons for supporting DemPGH . . . In addition to being an old friend, he's a capable administrator.

It's more than mutual (I have a lot of respect for you), thanks! Smiley
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #132 on: April 09, 2014, 08:21:47 PM »
« Edited: April 09, 2014, 08:46:42 PM by DemPGH »

I want to thank The Labor Party for its endorsement, [former but always] President Averroës Nix, President Duke, crisis manager Oakvale, Attorney General Maxwell, and [former senator] Simfan for their kind endorsements, and all those who supported me (notably former President Napoleon). I have personally thanked others who supported me.

I thank our Council, for we have passed a new constitution, a number of bills, and are now completing a stimulus. We MUST continue our current momentum.

It’s an exciting time! Gone are the days of completely inactive Pacific government, but of course we need to ensure an active council, as we have recently seen. When PJ and Siren suddenly left, I thought, “What now?!” But Flo, Devin, and Cranberry have filled in under difficult circumstances.

The Pacific was always a challenge to me. We have built a castle that I am simply not ready to vacate yet! There’s more to do. So I ask for your support.

I want to outline some goals that I have for the next term:  

1.   Responsibility: I promise to be active and constructive in developing legislation that we pass. I want us to commit to relevant and impactful expenditures. I will not undermine civil liberties or the environment, but will protect our fragile economic growth.

2.   The stimulus: I will instruct the Council to focus only on the stimulus for the next fourteen days or until completed.

3.   I will propose a “shell” or outline of stimulus expenditures shortly after the election; it will then be a matter of filling in details.

4.   As always, I am available to answer questions.

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #133 on: April 09, 2014, 08:33:55 PM »

Endorsed! Best of luck.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #134 on: April 10, 2014, 11:14:11 AM »

Oops, meant to post this. The booth will be opening this afternoon, but I wanted to announce the ballot first. Let me know any mistakes, anybody, but this looks right.

I'll announce when the booth is open a bit later and even though I'm busy I'll try to find some campaign music. Tongue

Alphabetical order:

Governor:
DemPGH (Lab)
Flo (Ind)
Write In: _____

Council (Filling three seats):

Cranberry (Lab)
Devin (Fed)
Simfan (TPP)
Write In: _____

DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #135 on: April 10, 2014, 05:23:34 PM »
« Edited: April 10, 2014, 06:11:04 PM by DemPGH »

Pacific, let's go win - it'll be close and the booth is open! I am the Labor nominee, I am economically practical and socially very progressive. Let's do it!

If ever I had theme music, it would be Forever Young, and let's do Eye of the Tiger!

Anybody like Lady Gaga? Let's do Poker Face.

DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #136 on: April 13, 2014, 05:06:23 PM »
« Edited: April 14, 2014, 03:22:09 PM by DemPGH »

Dear People:

Voting has concluded, and I have been re-elected as your governor! Thank you notes will be sent soon to my supporters!

New officers come in at noon on 18 April (next Friday).

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I take pride in that this region is now in much better shape than the condition in which I found it. That involved more than just me, so we’ll need a council focused on relevant matters at hand.

Flo did very well. Since the regional liaison / coordinator for the Labor Party had decided not to support me, my game plan was to reach all likely supporters with a brief, positive message about what I had done and what I wanted to do. I never spoke negatively of anyone, as I think that sort of campaigning should only be necessary under the most dire and extreme of circumstances. Flo was a worthy opponent not deserving of any form of negative campaigning.  

Now, there's a lot of work to do, and we'll sort through the Council votes shortly. We may sadly have lost an unassuming voice of reason in Devin, but we shall see. Sad

The single, number ONE priority going forward is the stimulus. The Council MUST focus on completing this, and I want to forego discussion on random bills so that we can focus on finishing the stimulus. I will post a "shell" or outline for it, to be filled in by all of us, probably tomorrow.

A big thanks to the Labor Party, Averroes Nix, Napoleon, A.G. Maxwell, President Duke, and to Simfan34, and to Oakvale. Smiley
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #137 on: April 13, 2014, 09:54:58 PM »

Congrats man!!
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #138 on: April 14, 2014, 12:36:09 PM »

Congratulations!
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #139 on: April 14, 2014, 02:26:27 PM »

Congratulations Governor.  I look forward to your impending proposal.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #140 on: April 14, 2014, 02:29:38 PM »

Congrats!
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #141 on: April 14, 2014, 03:20:07 PM »

Thanks, gentlemen!

I've written to Flo to tell him that I thought he did really well and that I look forward to working with everyone going forward. Look, it's a game, and since we spend more time here than we probably should, all of us, it's hard to walk away from a race you want to run in, so there are no grudges or ill feelings. People were actually watching a Pacific election! I would have been glum, but I also would have felt that way had I lost. So, I really feel that we can keep this momentum going that we've built for ourselves.

The 10th council will swear in on Friday, but I don't think there's any reason why we can't get started a little early. After I post my outline of the stimulus, we can start filling it in ASAP. Then we can return to business as usual. That's my plan. Tongue
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #142 on: April 14, 2014, 03:31:23 PM »

Congratulations!
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #143 on: April 14, 2014, 04:00:58 PM »
« Edited: April 14, 2014, 04:03:41 PM by SoEA Superique »

Congratulations! I prefered to abstain since I don't want to loose two valuables friends that I got in this game! =)

I hope that you keep being a Smooth Operator of the Pacific Region!
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #144 on: April 26, 2014, 09:30:19 AM »

I'm extremely sorry to read about Flo's resignation and that he must attend to RL issues - I sincerely hope that those are not too serious. Flo has helped us out in a number of ways going back to the dark days of inactivity and revolutions, and his absence will be felt.

I appoint Devin to the Council in Flo's place. Devin has already expressed a desire to return to the Council, and I know he will fill in very well.

I also want to generally report that the first stimulus omnibus bill has been completed, and once the full committee has had a chance to review it, we expect to pass it in a few days, or by 1 May. We will be a beacon for small business, for updated infrastructure, and for scientific and technological innovation! Clearly, our best days like just ahead.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #145 on: April 26, 2014, 11:04:24 AM »

Is Simfan now able to be Councillor or not? If not, his seat is vacant as well, isn't it?
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #146 on: April 26, 2014, 11:29:04 AM »

Is Simfan now able to be Councillor or not? If not, his seat is vacant as well, isn't it?

I have to research that more, but I'd like to keep him. If he resigns or if we can't keep him, then we might have to let Oakvale or someone fill in. IDK, we'll see.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #147 on: May 05, 2014, 06:35:11 PM »
« Edited: May 05, 2014, 06:37:13 PM by DemPGH »

Dear People:

I should acknowledge that I've put together a small "Presidential exploratory committee" of a few people in the game close to me personally and ideologically. There is certainly no guarantee that I will run. And I will run as nothing but a Laborite.

I suppose Goodbye, Yellow Brick Road is appropriate.

If I become more serious about this, I shall participate more in national discussion. I am currently preoccupied with Pacific affairs, wherein I am quite happy. I've been able to work with moderate (TPP and Fed) and leftist voices there quite successfully.

If I do run, it will be with the white rose as my symbol. It's a nod to history. Wink

The current scariest thing that the President has to deal with is the Cabinet, and in that I do not envy President Duke, whose enduring asset is his patience!
Fed. Pac. Chairman Devin
Devin
United States

« Reply #148 on: May 06, 2014, 10:01:58 PM »

I have to research that more, but I'd like to keep him. If he resigns or if we can't keep him, then we might have to let Oakvale or someone fill in. IDK, we'll see.
Oakvale isn't interested. I already asked.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #149 on: May 08, 2014, 01:22:13 AM »

I'm very glad to see you are considering a run!

*As Party Chair, I don't formally endorse anyone until the time for any potential primary challenge has passed; good governance of party affairs and all that
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies