Office of Former President and Gov. DemPGH
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 04:52:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Former President and Gov. DemPGH
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17
Author Topic: Office of Former President and Gov. DemPGH  (Read 23135 times)
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: August 03, 2014, 09:25:38 AM »
« edited: August 03, 2014, 09:34:22 AM by DemPGH, President »

This week I have enacted into law both The Railway Labor Act and The Duke-Scott Educating the People Reform Bill: Part I. The education bill is a sure accomplishment for the Senate and the administration; it has been on the floor for many months and takes the helpful steps of supplying money for technology, resources, and print to all regions for all schools. I'm not sure if you have to do so, but if you are a regional exec, make sure you check this out!

I believe that education is central in the betterment of society and is the hallmark, the cornerstone, of a free society. If I personally, your President, am thankful for anything, it is my education.

Furthermore, I would like to welcome Riley Keaton to Secretary Nix's team. Mr. Keaton has a passion for world affairs and I'm sure will assist well. I will, however, reiterate my opposition to military force or support in Iraq or anywhere in the Middle East at this time, pending or absent the assembly of a coalition, a significant decline in Middle East stability, or a threat to Atlasia.

I would also like to thank my supremely active and attentive VP, Windjammer, for volunteering for yet another job - Deputy Attorney General!

I would like to put money into vaccine research where Ebola is concerned; if we are to give money through foreign aid to impacted countries, I would like this money to be earmarked for water cleanliness, sterility, and improving conditions. The Ebola outbreak could threaten the world populace.

I remain concerned about the Wages For Housework Act and hope that we might adjust basic minimum income instead.

A statute that is upcoming is the Pay What You Display Act, which will have my full and complete support. Too often companies (satellite, Internet, and TV, typically) "hide" fees behind codes and abbreviations or introduce them three or four months into the contract.

Finally, I have indicated my support for the public ownership of energy production, the proposed price controls, and total renewable energy by 2030.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #276 on: August 08, 2014, 10:50:22 AM »

Keep up the good work, Mr. President.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #277 on: August 08, 2014, 02:47:58 PM »
« Edited: August 09, 2014, 12:26:19 PM by DemPGH, President »

An update will follow at the appropriate time. Ground troops are not authorized and are not being used.

I would like to reduce Atlasian military presence where it is unnecessary as well.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #278 on: August 09, 2014, 12:36:00 PM »

Thanks to those who support this action and to Secretary Averroës whose hard work is greatly appreciated! Going forward we absolutely intend to engage not only the UN but the Iraqi government in downplaying our involvement.

A report has come in from General Richard Neville. Tongue

You must be logged in to read this quote.

All five vehicles used in the strikes returned safely; one of the Apaches sustained minor damage from enemy fire. No further action is currently planned and the mission has been successful, as were the airdrops.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #279 on: August 11, 2014, 06:21:22 PM »

Week 5 produced a great deal of controversy with regard to the actions of the Vice President (Windjammer), and indeed, I will speak publicly on this within the next 24 hours or so. There has been a very large number of messages exchanged between several people, and I'm still preparing to address the public.

I would also say that you should never assume that I will run for re-election. That will be addressed in greater detail later and at a more appropriate time.

In the Senate there is yet still of course another largely party line vote shaping up surrounding the public ownership of energy production, which I support, but action has been light in the Senate and I have been detained by V.P., rules, and PPT conversation. Again, I will address this all this week soon.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #280 on: August 12, 2014, 10:05:24 AM »
« Edited: August 12, 2014, 10:10:49 AM by DemPGH, President »

Dear People,

With a measure of sadness and certain relief for him, I will accept Vice President Windjammer's resignation. I also want to thank those few who have been involved and who understand what has happened for their time and patience.

I will always remember the June 2014 campaign fondly and consider Windjammer a friend. This past week a situation arose at the climax of which Windjammer advised me that existing real life issues make matters such that it will be in his best interest to be away from Atlasia and that it will be too difficult for him to play the game presently. I concurred.

I thank Windjammer for his activity and willingness to go above and beyond the call of duty. I hope the issues are speedily settled.

--The President
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #281 on: August 13, 2014, 11:53:02 AM »

A Vice Presidential announcement is expected in the next 12 hours or so.

Also, I plan later this week and into the weekend to do a review of the budget and within a reasonable time frame make some recommendations for FY 2014-15. There won't be a time table for that, but it's in the near future, provided that there is support to do it, of course.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #282 on: August 14, 2014, 12:49:33 PM »
« Edited: August 14, 2014, 12:58:32 PM by DemPGH, President »

Senator Tyrion is nominated to serve as Vice President.

More later.
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #283 on: August 14, 2014, 12:56:00 PM »

I want to officially thank the President for his vote of confidence in me, and I look forward to working with both the administration and the Senate to strengthen the future of Atlasia.

More to come.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #284 on: August 14, 2014, 01:08:32 PM »

Indeed, I thank Senator Tyrion for accepting; he brings a great deal of knowledge and experience with him to the White House and has earned the spot. I also congratulate TheCranberry - he has toiled diligently to make the Pacific better and will bring his perspective to the Senate.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #285 on: August 14, 2014, 01:19:56 PM »

Well,
I know I'm technically gone. But, I was really curious, so I logged and then saw it.
Just to see I'm really happy to see Tyrion is succeeding me. I know he will do well as VP.
Best of luck, you're 2 wonderful guys, and I'm sure you will be promising.
WJ
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #286 on: August 14, 2014, 01:36:46 PM »

Well,
I know I'm technically gone. But, I was really curious, so I logged and then saw it.
Just to see I'm really happy to see Tyrion is succeeding me. I know he will do well as VP.
Best of luck, you're 2 wonderful guys, and I'm sure you will be promising.
WJ

Thanks Windjammer. Your endorsement means a lot.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #287 on: August 14, 2014, 02:49:33 PM »

Congratulations to Tyrion and best of luck!
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #288 on: August 18, 2014, 11:04:07 PM »
« Edited: August 18, 2014, 11:10:22 PM by DemPGH, President »

The right wing's petty partisanship now threatens the workings of the Senate - the actual functional capacity of the Senate, that is.

I must say that after recent events I am a bit wary of voting to secure the administration's hold on the Senate, even if many would consider such an action born out of mere partisanship and nothing more.

This was Lumine's basis for leading a charge against my choice for V.P. in the wake of Windjammer's tragic withdrawal. Since at this current time the right has chosen to follow suit, I can only imagine a future of unparalleled partisanship with someone in the Senate who will sacrifice its ability to function to make a political point.

The fact is, what a poor example for the right to make! Tyrion has always been one of Labor's most reasonable voices and voted against the nationalization of Fuel and Power.

Tyrion will eventually be a fine Vice President, and I ask you to support him!
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #289 on: August 18, 2014, 11:14:57 PM »

Congratulations to Tyrion and best of luck!

Thank you Barnes, by the way. Your kind words got lost in the shuffle, but were very meaningful all the same.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #290 on: August 24, 2014, 09:36:46 PM »
« Edited: August 24, 2014, 09:41:58 PM by DemPGH, President »

Superique recently offered a private resignation as Pacific Crisis Manager, and frankly, I do not see the position as terribly productive or terribly legal. I do not plan to continue it.

Silver and gold star inductions will be conducted soon!

This was posted in my official thread. While it can be revisited, this represents my position on the issue at this point in time.

I would also not recommend any further stimulus packages be authorized to the region.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #291 on: August 25, 2014, 01:29:28 AM »
« Edited: August 25, 2014, 01:33:43 AM by Governor Simfan »

Superique recently offered a private resignation as Pacific Crisis Manager, and frankly, I do not see the position as terribly productive or terribly legal. I do not plan to continue it.

Silver and gold star inductions will be conducted soon!

This was posted in my official thread. While it can be revisited, this represents my position on the issue at this point in time.

I would also not recommend any further stimulus packages be authorized to the region.

A regrettable decision, I must say, particularly considering the damage wrought by the earthquake earlier today. I am extending an invitation for you to come to the region to assess the damage yourself-- estimated at over $1 billion-- and meet with survivors as soon as is possible. I do hope you will come, Mr President.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #292 on: August 25, 2014, 01:28:24 PM »
« Edited: August 26, 2014, 09:56:44 PM by Governor Varavour »

Mr President,

I am notifying you that by a unanimous act of the Legislative Council (the Patriation of the Pacific Recovery Act), the position of Special Project Manager of the Save the Pacific Project has been formally abolished and its powers transferred to the governing authorities of the region. I thank you for your service as governor and in the White House, although my confusion as to the termination of aid still stands, as does my invitation to tour earthquake damaged areas.

Governor Varavour
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #293 on: August 25, 2014, 03:26:09 PM »

Thank you, Governor. I'll be happy to assist as I can in relief of the damage caused by the earthquake. Let me know if there is anything that I can do. I'd recommend a state of emergency for starters in impacted areas.

The Stimulus Act gives the President fairly broad authority to use exec orders in this matter, so it's possible that I could revisit the issue of a Crisis Manager should it be necessary. There are so few people interested in the current positions across the spectrum that informal ones seem unlikely to succeed.

As to the third round of stimulus funding, I only recommend that it not be issued. I fail to see at this point of exasperation why it is necessary for the federal government to support a region that suffers from problems endemic in the game. In other words, I fail to see how throwing more money at the Pacific problem will fix it.

Announcements

The position of GM is open. I had no heads-up whatsoever that this position would be open, and am very disappointed that the opening has come out of the blue as it has. I will entertain applications of interested persons. In the meantime, I ask that the secretaries and executives author stories based upon RL events if they are inclined to do so.

I congratulate all winners in the At Large elections.

This Friday and Saturday night will be movie nights at the White House. We'll be showing Hoffa from 1992 with Jack Nicholson and Reds from 1981 with Warren Beatty. There will be a great deal of wine, Sherry, and food beginning at 1900 hrs. (7:00 p.m.) both nights.

In the coming days I want to dispense a few gold and silver stars. That's not foremost on my mind, however, or I would have done it by now.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #294 on: August 25, 2014, 10:19:05 PM »

Oh, I forgot something. Since September is right around the corner the polling will start, and I want to say: Do not seriously poll me in hypothetical October match-ups. At least not until I say I'm running, and at that point I hope I get banned! Tongue 
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #295 on: August 26, 2014, 03:23:15 PM »
« Edited: August 26, 2014, 03:29:15 PM by DemPGH, President »

Yeah, a GM is needed pronto. Tongue

When I took office I had this strange notion, based no doubt on the level of partisanship and conflict and oneupmanship and general decline in the game, that by the end of my time in office I would be sitting in my great hall with the queen alone! It's heading that way.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #296 on: August 26, 2014, 03:29:38 PM »

Has Napoleon resigned? I thought I saw a post to that effect but I can't find it.

It's a shame, I had some misgivings but he was doing quite a good job.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #297 on: August 26, 2014, 03:45:38 PM »

Napoleon's resignation post seems to have been deleted.

#nappygate2
GAworth
United States

« Reply #298 on: August 26, 2014, 04:10:58 PM »

lol
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #299 on: August 26, 2014, 04:12:07 PM »

Napoleon and I are friendly with each other, but I can't condone this behavior.  He resigned, many people including the President saw it, and his resignation cannot be rescinded by deleting the post.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies