Office of Former President and Gov. DemPGH
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:44:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Former President and Gov. DemPGH
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17
Author Topic: Office of Former President and Gov. DemPGH  (Read 23136 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: September 30, 2014, 06:23:33 PM »

So I see the two leaders of Atlasia's leading voice of the "left" have endorsed the architect of the Mideast Hate Bill, and seem to be attacking me for it. This is especially troubling coming from Adam Griffin, who seems to be more willing to fight for his party than his fellow kin.

The words of bigots are not worth hearing.

As far as I'm concerned, you are an accessory to his prejudice.

Oh, listen to the IRC precincts going     and  . Roll Eyes

Nominations like this will just be par for the course with a President Lumine, who is essentially what everyone's complaining about here. I envy DemPGH, who's been defamed to the point that he frankly doesn't have to give a damn about what any of you think.

So put up or shut up: waddle on down to the job application office, and put one in. This job is literally the least desired one in the game, and I'd wager not a single person who's going to throw a fit of faux outrage actually applied for the position.

Wait, I'm confused, does Labor not support marriage equality anymore Huh  It sounded like what you're saying was "if people are so upset, why don't any of them apply" (even if I think it is a bit of a disingenuous argument, I guess I see where your coming from), but also that you think we should have more socially conservative cabinet appointees along the lines of what Lumine would support?  Hopefully, I'm misunderstanding what you meant.  I swear though, the next thing you know, Senator JCL will come out for marriage equality Tongue

This isn't even good trolling! It's times like this that make me miss Napoleon. Cry

I'm not trolling Tongue  If you don't want these discussions in the public square, take it up with the President since he's the one who created the issue.  On a different note though, the fact that you miss Napoleon really comes through in your posts.  When you talk about IRC, you sound like Napoleon come again Tongue
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #351 on: September 30, 2014, 06:49:37 PM »

"Defamed"?

So, the President has no responsibility for his tenure. I mean that in general terms.

This IRC cabal conspiracy theory is really getting silly.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #352 on: September 30, 2014, 07:17:31 PM »

I'm strongly in favor of SSM, and there's plenty of documentation of that.

X, you're not confused, you're talking out of your rear end again.

The nominee will make a statement a bit later after which we'll move on. You guys won't like who is next up either. Wink

I'm not anatomically capable of talking out my rear end; are talkative rear-ends now a naturally occurring phenomenon? 

As for your next appointment, I call your bluff and say that you're not going to top this pick.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #353 on: September 30, 2014, 07:26:02 PM »

As for your next appointment, I call your bluff and say that you're not going to top this pick.

I'm not sure if that is even possible.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #354 on: September 30, 2014, 07:35:17 PM »

I'm not sure if that is even possible.

That's what I mean, who could even appoint hypothetically?
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #355 on: September 30, 2014, 07:37:02 PM »

So Uncle Griff has decided to attack me yet again instead of focus on the issues. I suppose I should be less surprised.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #356 on: September 30, 2014, 07:54:41 PM »

Lol
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #357 on: September 30, 2014, 08:05:26 PM »

I actually agree with the Labor guys on this. Sure, I hate hifly on gay issues, but being SoEA has nothing to do with that. The nominee, assuming he has the views I think he does, has my potential support as long as the confirmation hearing goes well and he clearly states what he wants to do with the role.

As fun as politicizing everything is, I just don't agree.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #358 on: September 30, 2014, 08:06:43 PM »

I actually agree with the Labor guys on this. Sure, I hate hifly on gay issues, but being SoEA has nothing to do with that. The nominee, assuming he has the views I think he does, has my potential support as long as the confirmation hearing goes well and he clearly states what he wants to do with the role.

Actually, as someone who was SoEA... I disagree entirely.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #359 on: September 30, 2014, 08:19:49 PM »

So when African countries pass laws criminalizing homosexuality and make it punishable by death, what's our top diplomat going to say? It's very relevant. Atlasia will either be a champion for the rights of everyone, or we won't be. And if our SoEA is not a champion for the rights of everyone at home, why on earth should we expect him to be a champion for the rights of everyone overseas?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #360 on: September 30, 2014, 08:21:28 PM »

IRL, the U.S. has been funding ministries in Uganda that function essentially as anti-gay hate groups and in some cases even advocate violence against gays.  I imagine such an issue in Atlasia would be a question for the SoEA.  How would a SoEA Hifly handle this issue?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #361 on: September 30, 2014, 08:23:23 PM »

IRL, the U.S. has been funding ministries in Uganda that function essentially as anti-gay hate groups and in some cases even advocate violence against gays.  I imagine such an issue in Atlasia would be a question for the SoEA.  How would a SoEA Hifly handle this issue?

That's despicable, and I'd want an answer from him on that.

But again, I'm not ever going to be President, so I don't really care.

Also, who else would want to do the role? Cabinet roles, to be frank, are awful.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #362 on: September 30, 2014, 08:48:48 PM »

Also, who else would want to do the role? Cabinet roles, to be frank, are awful.

Take it from me: it's always easy to bitch about the choices, but not so much to stand up and offer oneself for the role. I propose we pass an amendment that automatically confirms for a cabinet position the first person that bitches about the selection for said office
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #363 on: September 30, 2014, 08:51:48 PM »

Take it from me: it's always easy to bitch about the choices, but not so much to stand up and offer oneself for the role. I propose we pass an amendment that automatically confirms for a cabinet position the first person that bitches about the selection for said office

I have tremendous sympathy for anyone having to fill and maintain a Cabinet. It's pain of a job. But we have a right to question the virtue of a President's nomination. Frankly, this pick warrants it more than most.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #364 on: September 30, 2014, 09:00:18 PM »

I have tremendous sympathy for anyone having to fill and maintain a Cabinet. It's pain of a job. But we have a right to question the virtue of a President's nomination. Frankly, this pick warrants it more than most.
Listen, Cabinet is a tough job. But agree that we should question the choice. You know what, if no is going to stand up, then I will be more than happy to raise my hand until the next admin takes office.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #365 on: October 01, 2014, 07:16:27 AM »

There was a terrorist attack, and ya'll are complaining about process for nominations.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #366 on: October 01, 2014, 09:38:14 AM »
« Edited: October 01, 2014, 09:40:17 AM by DemPGH, President »

This has been fun. Smiley

I nominated hifly for two reasons:
1) He woud undertake reductions in military spending
2) He would undertake reductions in Atlasia's military presence abroad.

EDIT: I see that he can post. More later.

Thank you!
--The President
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #367 on: October 01, 2014, 09:57:01 AM »

With regard to hifly, I ask that he be judged based on this and statements like it.

I discussed items like these with him, and that was the basis for the selection.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Having discussed foreign policy with the president, we are in agreement that interventionism is not always the best solution to solving potential humanitarian crises and maintaining the stability of affairs around the globe. My main theme would be to try and prevent Atlasian military intervention except where a direct threat is posed while encouraging the use of other methods to solve these problems.

One of my main priorities would be maintaining strong communicative links with all members of the UN, even those who we consider to be our political enemies. These form the basic foundation for stable relationships. We need to prevent unilateral decisions.
Minimising Atlasian military force worldwide is another major priority as well reforming our position on ISIS and the Israel/Palestine situation. The Middle East, as the current hotbed for tension will be the main focus of my tenure. More on that below.

We shouldn't treat China as if it is our rival. As it is one of the world's largest economies we should be making use of trade agreements, using free trade to encourage economic growth and maintain a stable political relationship with China. We should still take heed of suffering and repression within the nation and I would encourage debate on this with China.
The situation regarding Russia is slightly more tricky, but I also do not consider Russia to be a rival. I support reasonable economic sanctions against Russia until we are confident that the Ukraine Peace Deal is being met. We shouldn't forget that Ukraine itself is in violation of the agreements by refusing to withdraw its own forces from the Eastern provinces.

The Israel/Palestine situation is one I'm particularly interested in. We need to lead the effort in encouraging Israel to withdraw from all land that was occupied in the West Bank from the 1967 war. Land exchanges are not a viable solution. Israel must evacuate from occupied land completely, from those settlements that almost all nations on Earth have condemned as illegal. The UN has already agreed that they violate international law and we must enforce sanctions against Israel should they refuse to withdraw.

I believe that Atlasian military intervention in Iraq and Syria is unwarranted. Wars in the Middle East have not and do not work. The murder of 1 million Iraqis in the past decade has hardly helped encourage peace in the Middle East. People don't really like being invaded or "liberated", as some people like to call it.
ISIS is not a petty and foundationless movement, it is a formidable fighting force that is quite literally sweeping all that lies before it. It has tacit support from the significant Sunni minority in Iraq, as well as Saudi Arabia. Atlasian Military interventionism is only fuelling inter-community tension and violence, while at the same time encouraging ISIS's beheadings and hardly helping promote Atlasia's reputation among the Middle East. Iraq's neighbours need to decide between them what the ideal path is.
Another war in the Middle East with Syria and Iraq is not going to be short term. Are we really willing to repeat the mistakes of the past?

Iran is one of the most democratic nations in the Middle East. They vote to choose their own President and their own Parliament. Could we ever imagine such happenings in Saudi Arabia? That's something we need to take into account. Most of Saudi money lies in Western Banks! I don't see Iran posing any threat to world peace. The current regime has never initiated any military action against other nations, and has only been invaded itself. Iran should not be our worry. I would encourage co-operation between nations to withdraw some of the harsher economic sanctions against Iran; they are not necessary.

I strongly support it. We need to cut defence spending before all other things. I strongly applaud Clause 2, to encourage greater democracy in the UN. The unilateral veto for Security Council members needs to be abolished, and Atlasia should start by refusing to use hers. Co-operation needs to be promoted.

As I have already outline, I do support continuing with the cuts to the defense sector. The president and I agree that we need to reduce Atlasia's militarism and I think this is the way forward.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #368 on: October 01, 2014, 11:12:22 AM »

No question. That's not my qualm.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #369 on: October 01, 2014, 12:21:17 PM »

This has been fun. Smiley

I nominated hifly for two reasons:
1) He woud undertake reductions in military spending
2) He would undertake reductions in Atlasia's military presence abroad.

EDIT: I see that he can post. More later.

Thank you!
--The President

And

3) This would put him the fuck away from making laws for Atlasian citizens.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #370 on: October 01, 2014, 02:04:23 PM »

He can serve in the cabinet and serve elsewhere in the game.

Also,

In regards to the Senator from the Midwest's point about Hifly's foreign policy being a plus for the administration:

Could you really find no one else?  It's not like non-interventionists and pacifists are rare in this game?

The problem becomes getting a pacifist who wants to do it past the senate. I can start going through some non-interventionists in the game, probably - if they will accept, or leave the office vacant or nominate trolls. Whatever.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #371 on: October 01, 2014, 03:58:18 PM »

Also,

In regards to the Senator from the Midwest's point about Hifly's foreign policy being a plus for the administration:

Could you really find no one else?  It's not like non-interventionists and pacifists are rare in this game?

The problem becomes getting a pacifist who wants to do it past the senate. I can start going through some non-interventionists in the game, probably - if they will accept, or leave the office vacant or nominate trolls. Whatever.

Not the most constructive attitude Mr President, considering the history of this nominee and the importance of the role.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #372 on: October 01, 2014, 05:04:11 PM »

Also,

Forgive my ignorance, Mr. President.  Hifly has already contacted me splainin in common folk details that he'd like to do both jobs.  A brave Herculean task to be fair, but I must protest that this will only drain him of the proper power levels to put up a decent challenge to the Democratic Republican Front in the Mideast.

Other than that, I don't really have any strong protest to his nomination other than that there certainly are more anti-war fish in the sea.  I'll be honest, I certainly wouldn't do the SoEA job (because I"m admittedly extremely busy as it is IRL), but if you asked around I'm certain you could've found people who might express a sudden interest.

But enough big words.  I just hope you know what you're doing.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #373 on: October 02, 2014, 08:07:41 PM »

By admission, the "story" about the attacks is designed to "make my life miserable, but will be fun" - I can't share the PM. Well, it's not fun and it's not making my life miserable, and also I have complete control over who is and who is NOT the G.M. Smiley Just a curtesy notice.

There have been no attacks at the White House. We're all fine here.

Thank you!

--The President
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #374 on: October 02, 2014, 08:20:15 PM »

I have complete control over who is and who is NOT the G.M. Smiley
You need to get confirmed by the Senate before you start the job.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies