Office of Former President and Gov. DemPGH
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:24:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Former President and Gov. DemPGH
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17]
Author Topic: Office of Former President and Gov. DemPGH  (Read 23125 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: October 03, 2014, 09:57:01 AM »

I've doubted the usefulness of the Game Moderator since I left the position early this year, and this only confirms to me that it's not a job that fits well into this game. There wasn't much immediate interest in the attack, but Sirnick's dismissal provoked an instant reaction.

That said, if you believe in the importance of the GM - and it's possible, even likely, that interest in Sirnick's story would have picked up over time - a political dismissal of an active and uncontroversial Game Moderator is a serious blow. It further damages the legitimacy of the position and violates a longstanding norm against political interference. If we continue to have a GM, I think we need to follow Cynic's advice. Our current situation is untenable.

I agree with all of this.

Just like with the power bill and many other things, there is a complete and utter lack of interest and awareness of ongoings in the game until some flashy trigger brings it to the forefront of the public's attention (which has always been the case to an extent, but seems to have gotten really bad as of late; nobody is paying attention to anything unless it's drama-filled), and in many cases, it seems to take a gross over-exaggeration to generate any real interest in the office's actions.

I agree with what you're saying here. I'm not sure what the solution is. It's a broader issue affecting more than just the GM.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #401 on: October 03, 2014, 02:42:50 PM »

Hey guys,

I'm going to be moving over and letting Tyrion take the center seat. That means I'm leaving (can I say "retiring"?) as of this afternoon. There are about 4 weeks left and I seriously, unequivocally cannot go any more. Can't take it. There are two, maybe three reasons.

1) I'm generally losing interest right now in politics. Interests ebb and flow, and right now it's down for me. Lately I've been spending more idle Internet time on sports and movie forums, but I do expect to be on our forum here a bit. So lately the political process here has not been fun, and I've been grated by what to me is immaturity and gridlock, to put it simply. I have neither the time nor the patience to cut through it. I'm not interested, in other words.

2) This latest episode is the last straw in a series of events that have worn out my patience. I really can't put up with any more. You know, I hired a guy to look after the economy, and after a couple days he purposefully tanked it, blew up part of the White House, bragged about it, and then wrote me a message to say, "Ha ha ha!" So of course I canned him and would again, gladly. This episode, however, is perfect commentary on where the game is right now.

3) I guess I also see a lot of problems inherent in this game and virtually no cooperation or willingness to fix them (Nix mentioned a lot of them in his resignation). That kind of stuff makes me shut down. I mentioned before that it will be a busy holiday season for me personally, so I guess knowing that I will be done soon makes me think, "Meh" about a lot of this bickering and backstabbing.

Things will be in good hands with Tyrion!

Thanks for seeing my side of it, Adam!

Best,
DemPGH, Retired, All Done, etc. (phew!) Grin Smiley
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #402 on: October 03, 2014, 02:46:20 PM »

plot twist
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #403 on: October 03, 2014, 02:58:18 PM »

Thank you for your service during your long career in Atlasia.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #404 on: October 03, 2014, 03:14:51 PM »

Enjoy your retirement Smiley

We may have disagreed on a few things during your presidency, but it's a real shame that it ended like this.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #405 on: October 03, 2014, 03:19:52 PM »

Enjoy your retirement Smiley

We may have disagreed on a few things during your presidency, but it's a real shame that it ended like this.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #406 on: October 03, 2014, 03:25:27 PM »

I still believe you tried your hardest to be a good President. We disagreed on the last issue, but you're still a friend and I still believe you did a good job in a difficult position. Enjoy retirement and I hope you do come back someday.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #407 on: October 03, 2014, 04:25:18 PM »

I had high hopes for this administration at its outset. It's disappointing to see it ending like this after a very troubled couple of months, but, after last night's events, I think that you're making the right call. I know that it's been difficult, but I hope that we haven't seen the last of you.

as did I
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #408 on: October 03, 2014, 04:29:48 PM »

As Provisional Chairman of the Revolutionary Junta of the People's Republic of Atlasia, I promise that order shall be restored and enemies of the Atlasian proletariat either swiftly removed or re-educated to see the error of their ways.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #409 on: October 03, 2014, 05:34:21 PM »

This is Adam Griffin's savviest political decision in a long, long time.

Thanks for your service, DemPGH.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies