If you want a good laugh....
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:04:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  If you want a good laugh....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: If you want a good laugh....  (Read 4158 times)
JRP1994

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 13, 2014, 03:48:40 PM »

Read this thread that I started on a similar site, talking about how the nation trended in 2012:

http://conservativepoliticalforum.com/political-discussion-and-debate/2012-trends-how-is-the-nation-trending/

I'm currently in a debate against someone who is denying the factual assertion that Georgia trended Democrat and that Mississippi swung Democrat in 2012. Apparently I'm engaging in "idiocy" for citing actual election results (or, as he called them, polls).

If you're having a bad day, and need to have a good laugh, just fix yourself a nice drink, sit back, and enjoy laughing. This is getting good. xD
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 03:51:08 PM »

Just a couple weeks ago a South Carolian didn't believe me when I said the state didn't trend Republican last year.
JRP1994

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 03:53:17 PM »

Just a couple weeks ago a South Carolian didn't believe me when I said the state didn't trend Republican last year.

This guy doesn't seem to believe that states trend in any direction but Republican.
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 03:58:11 PM »

What a sad man. Tongue
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 04:13:57 PM »

That's actually a pretty apt microcosm for conservative reactions to the 2012 election in general.
JRP1994

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2014, 04:18:32 PM »

That's EXACTLY what that thread and forum represents. Such entertainment.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2014, 04:43:33 PM »

Ha, wow. What a bunch of clueless idiots who deny mathematical facts... Grin
Nichlemn

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2014, 05:04:44 PM »

Wow, it's not just some rando either, it's an admin with 11k posts. I also expected confusion over swing and trend to be the primary cause of confusion, but actually denying that Romney won Mississippi by a smaller margin than McCain is seriously wtf.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2014, 05:13:58 PM »

I checked out the whole forum. It's filled with a bunch of lunatic conservatives who live outside the reality box. Seriously. JRP seems to be one of the few sane people on there....
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2014, 05:25:39 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

I cannot begin to describe how idiotic they sound.
Pessimistic Antineutrino
Pessimistic Antineutrino
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2014, 08:11:45 PM »

I expected a bunch of krazens but these guys make krazen look like Bernie Sanders.
JRP1994

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2014, 09:39:58 PM »

Guys, it's getting better. He just called the 2012 election results "some numbers on the internet."
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2014, 09:42:53 PM »

Why on earth does that site want you to be at least 21 years old? That's discriminatory to 18 year old adults. What a great way for conservatives to get younger voters.
Nichlemn

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2014, 04:47:35 AM »
« Edited: January 14, 2014, 04:50:50 AM by Nichlemn »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Correct.  The numbers he verified were greater for Obama than they really were.[/quote]

wat.

(In case you weren't sure - all statewide offices in GA are controlled by Republicans).
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2014, 08:12:24 AM »

So wait, did someone seriously deny that blacks at the moment tend to favor Democrats by at least an 80% margin, numbers that are backed up by statistics?

HAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHHA
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2014, 08:24:27 AM »

Well before I go to work I, I guess I should comment very quickly (ugh, not enough time in the world!) about a particularly interesting observation made by the user "taxed".  His observation, as a direct challenge to JRP, is that he had lived all of his life in Georgia and that from he can tell Georgians aren't coming anywhere near close to being more Democratic.  This really, really says it all about a lot of conservative bias, in that they rarely see the rest of the world outside their own immediate environs.  This guy seems to be one of those who hasn't been to Atlanta in YEARS, if not DECADES, and probably lives in a Southern suburb where the electorate tends to skew overwhelmingly white and overwhelmingly Republican.  I can tell you, from living in one of those places, it's like an icebreaker for someone to say "man, those Democrats could've really used a good Economics degree" or something.  Which might explain some of the disbelief to the actual results, as it flies in the face of most everything they believe and what 70% of everyone around them believe.
I can imagine that some people in Vermont probably thought similarly when someone told them the state was trending Democratic in 1980.  "This state has been Republican since Lincoln!  Quit smoking your dope!  This isn't Arkansas!"
Though to be fair, I think that a lot of red avatars and Democrats might sometimes fall into this same category.  Bias is kind of a two way street.  On here, however, current political realities tend to be taken on factual basis and as they happen.  I can't imagine ANYBODY, except maybe a troll or two, seriously denying that Atlanta is a Democratic city.

Alright, see ya!

-Mechaman
Mordecai
Australia

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2014, 02:03:32 PM »

Though to be fair, I think that a lot of red avatars and Democrats might sometimes fall into this same category.  Bias is kind of a two way street.

Not to the same extent though, that's a false equivalence. Those guys on the conservative forum might as well live in a completely different world. Their Kool-Aid is spiked with lead paint. Even when you show them the numbers they call you an idiot and say you don't know what you're talking about.
Nichlemn

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2014, 05:15:50 PM »

The closest Democratic/left-wing equivalent here is probably bandit. Though at least he doesn't straight up deny election results (to my knowledge). He's just wildly optimistic and cherry-picks the past data that fits his narrative.

One major factor is that Democrats won recently, so Republicans are more likely to conjure up conspiracy theories as a defense mechanism. Consider that lots of Democrats thought both 2000 and 2004 were stolen. (Granted, less absurd than thinking Georgia was rigged). I suspect, though, you could have found a few Democrats after 2010 who thought many races were stolen despite the generally Democratic control that existed beforehand.
old timey villain
cope1989

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2014, 05:22:57 PM »

oh my god the stupidity. I feel really bad for you actually, desperately trying to reason with the posters but they're just not getting it. As the regulars on conservative political forum might say (catchy name by the way)  "you can't fix stupid."
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2014, 05:55:54 PM »

oh my god the stupidity. I feel really bad for you actually, desperately trying to reason with the posters but they're just not getting it. As the regulars on conservative political forum might say (catchy name by the way)  "you can't fix stupid."

Yeah, these people are not very bright.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2014, 10:09:51 PM »
« Edited: January 14, 2014, 10:13:35 PM by Flawless Victory »

Though to be fair, I think that a lot of red avatars and Democrats might sometimes fall into this same category.  Bias is kind of a two way street.

Not to the same extent though, that's a false equivalence. Those guys on the conservative forum might as well live in a completely different world. Their Kool-Aid is spiked with lead paint. Even when you show them the numbers they call you an idiot and say you don't know what you're talking about.

Granted.  I even acknowledged that right after I said this quoted part.  Literally.

But with that small nitpick aside, these people are pretty goofy.  It is pretty amazing that some people think that blacks are voting more than 18% REpublican, after all.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2014, 04:39:01 AM »

This kind of thing is what makes the GOP so up appealing to me. The Republican voters are even worse than the Republican office holders. What kind of person refuses to acknowledge the validity of concrete, objective facts and figures and expects to be taken seriously?

I have a fiscally conservative friend with two Ivy League degrees who votes Democratic because, as she once told me, "I can't see how an educated person could vote for a Republican."
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2014, 07:57:26 AM »

Reminds me of J. J.

After the 2012 election he still tried to argue PPP was unreliable by comparing them to the average of all pollsters...even though PPP's results were closer to the actual results than the average.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2014, 08:17:21 AM »

Why don't you post the link for this thread in that Forum.
I'd like to see their reaction after they read the opinion some conservatives here about them.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2014, 08:19:27 AM »

NO. We don't want any of them registering here.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies