Pew: Americans not paying much attention to "Bridgeghazi"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:15:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Pew: Americans not paying much attention to "Bridgeghazi"
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pew: Americans not paying much attention to "Bridgeghazi"  (Read 476 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 13, 2014, 09:53:54 PM »

http://www.people-press.org/2014/01/13/christie-story-attracts-little-public-interest/

As a point of comparison, back in May 2013, 23% of Americans said that they were following the Benghazi hearings in Congress "very closely":

Earthling
Netherlands

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 02:44:16 AM »

Not suprising. It's a local issue and while Christie is a big name for 2016, I doubt many people are paying attention. Things like this only have any importance by the end of 2015.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 09:36:48 AM »

Not suprising. It's a local issue and while Christie is a big name for 2016, I doubt many people are paying attention. Things like this only have any importance by the end of 2015.
The importance of this episode isn't so much in how it effects the public's perception of Christie, but rather in how it effects the media's coverage of him and his candidacy.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 09:54:33 AM »

But LIBRUL MEDIA!
Earthling
Netherlands

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 09:57:29 AM »

The news can talk about 2016 and Christie all day long. But the people don't care about it now. Why would someone from California or Texas care about something that happened in New Jersey just because the media is talking about it.
I don't think it really matters how the media plays this story, now.
Link
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2014, 11:24:32 AM »

As a point of comparison, back in May 2013, 23% of Americans said that they were following the Benghazi hearings in Congress "very closely":

Yes but that 23% is the same 23% that believe Obama was born in Kenya.  Why would they be following Bridgegate "very closely."  Liberals don't follow stuff like this "very closely."  I mean I will comment on it if something significant pops up but I don't go around googling it and reading every headline.  There are multiple on going investigations and we'll see who knew what when.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies