Is having an anti-complimentarianism litmus test sound or narrow minded?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 03:08:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Is having an anti-complimentarianism litmus test sound or narrow minded?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is having an anti-complimentarianism litmus test sound or narrow minded?
Sound and valid

Narrow minded

Very narrow minded and bigoted

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 12

Author Topic: Is having an anti-complimentarianism litmus test sound or narrow minded?  (Read 376 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 14, 2014, 11:20:48 AM »

Kind of wonder about thoughts here. It's one of mine, which is part of the reason for some of the Catholic Church bashing and why I'm adamant I would never ever be a member no matter what culture or upbringing I was from (obviously as stated many times I don't put any real value on that anyway but even if I did I'd value egalitarianism a lot more.) So I'm curious about thoughts on it. Remember that Jimmy Carter quit the Southern Baptists for a more liberal Baptist denomination specifically because of this issue and I can't see any non-conservative criticizing him over this, however I bet Snowstalker and plenty of liberals wouldn't approve of someone jumping Catholic to say Episcopalian over this (which as Nathan can probably attest, is actually quite common.) So what do you think? Is it narrow minded to have it an absolute line in the sand no compromises standard as I do?
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 04:59:40 PM »

Well I am a complementarian so...
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 05:06:39 PM »

Having it as a litmus test in terms of one's own denominational membership is reasonable--there are indeed a lot of Episcopalians who were once Catholic and while not all of them converted for this reason it's definitely a contributing factor for quite a few--but refusing to see any value in other aspects of the theology or culture of a complementarian church is narrow-minded and silly, regardless of whether one has a background in it or not. I'd say the same to somebody who had a pro-complementarianism litmus test, with the difference being that I'd, well, disagree with them.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies