2014 and beyond- a tale of woe
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:38:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2014 and beyond- a tale of woe
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8
Author Topic: 2014 and beyond- a tale of woe  (Read 48740 times)
badgate
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2014, 10:11:39 PM »

Nice to see Ruben Kihuen getting ink
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2014, 10:20:29 PM »

Why would John Kitzhaber become director of the Secret Service? He's a doctor.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2014, 10:48:45 PM »

Alaska saw Republicans again get their top recruit, Governor Sean Parnell, who announced he would run for the Senate on June 19, 2013. Parnell didn't quite clear the field as Anchorage Mayor Dan Sullivan and Healy Mayor Clay Walker both stubbornley remained in the race. Parnell trounced them both 64-25-11 and then defeated Sen Mark Begich 57-42. In the Governor's seat Parnell was vacating, Sarah Palin decided to run for her old job, she made it out of the GOP primary unopposed and then defeated Ethan Berkowitz in the General Election 60-39. Rep. Don Young won another term easily.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2014, 10:50:44 PM »

Why would John Kitzhaber become director of the Secret Service? He's a doctor.

He's not going in the field, he's there to manage everything. It was either that or appoint him Secretary of Homeland Security, and I that in mind for Pelosi...
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2014, 11:00:40 PM »

Last but not least, we had Hawaii, where after Sen. Daniel Inyoue's untimely death, Governor Neil Abercrombie, against Inyoue's family's wishes appointed St. Senator Donna Kim to the Position. Kim immediately received a primary challenge from Lt. Governor Brian Schatz, which she lost 53-47. Schatz then won in November over a unknown opponent 78-21. In the Governors race Neil Abercrombie also felt the backlash, facing a challenge from the woman, Inyoue preferred, Rep. Colleen Hanabusa which he lost 53-46. Hanabusa defeated her unknown opponent 67-22. Replacing Hanabusa in Congress was former Honolulu Mayor Jeremy Harris (D) who emerged from a crowded primary with 29% and then won unopposed in November.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2014, 01:52:46 PM »
« Edited: January 18, 2014, 02:39:01 PM by NewYorkExpress »

Events of November/December 2014 and International events of 2014

• Republicans and Democrats pass a bipartisan budget, that extends sequester levels for two more years. President Obama will sign the budget shortly after New Year's Day.
  • Tea Party Republicans and Liberals push a bill through the House that abolishes both the NSA and the FISA courts. It is DOA in the Senate, and is never taken up.
  • The first candidate files, for the White House in 2016 Republican, and former New Hampshire Senator Judd Gregg on November 30th
  • In the UN Security Elections were held on November 10, Spain, Ukraine, Mexico, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam and South Africa are Elected to the Security Council.
  • In the first South African Elections since Nelson Mandela's July 23, 2013 Death, Jacob Zuma's African National Congress wins 249 seats for a loss of eighteen seats, While Helen Zille's  Democratic Alliance wins 65 seats for a loss of two seats, Mosioua  Lekota's Congress of The People won 37 seats for a gain of seven seats, and Mangosuthu Buthlezi's Inkatha freedom party won 21 seats for a gain of three seats, with the remainder going to minor parties  
  • In the Indian Parlimentary Elections the Indian National Congress and affiliated parties with Maommohan Singh to return as prime minister won 273 seats while Naendra Modri's Bharartiya Janata Party and affilated won 270 seats giving the INC a three seat majority.
  • In the Brazilian Presidential Election Dilma Roussef defeated Joaquim Barboasa in a runoff 53%-47%
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2014, 03:08:39 PM »

Congressional Leadership Selected

Speaker of the House

Paul Ryan (R)

House Majority Leader

Eric Cantor (R)

House Majority Whip

Darrell Issa (R)

Chair Republican Congressional Campaign Committee

Ilena-Ros Letihan (R)

Chair Republican Study Committee

Marsha Blackburn (R)

House Minority Leader

Chris Van Hollen (D)

House Minority Whip

Dana Titus (D)

Assistant to the  Minority Leader

Joe Crowley (D)

Chair Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee.

Rush Holt (D)
[size= 20pt]
Senate is divided 50-50 With Joe Biden holding the tie-breaking vote.
[/size]

Senate Majority Leader

Harry Reid (D)

Senate Majority Whip

Chuck Schumer (D)

Chairman Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee

Al Franken (D)

Senate Minority Leader

John McCain (R) (it took five ballots for McCain to emerge as a compromise amongst the various factions of the GOP, and another two for him to be chosen)

Senate Minority Whip

Pat Toomey (R)

Chairman Republican Senatorial Campaign Committee

Kim Guagdagno (R)

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2014, 04:38:50 PM »

January Through May 2015 in Non- Presidential News

• Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius resigns under pressure from Congress, which cites the continuing botching of the Obamacare rollout. Unlike Speaker Boehner, Speaker Ryan does not allow a repeal of Obamacare to go forward in 2015, focusing instead on the still-unpassed farm bill.
  • In the Ukrainian Presidential election Arnseniy Yatsenuk defeats Victor Yanckovych in a March 25 runoff 51-47. Russian President Vladimir Putin cuts off all trade with the Ukraine
  • The United Kingdom General Elections, held on May ,7 2015, almost nine month to the day of Scotland rejecting independence. The Conservative Party, led by David Cameron ended with 288 seats losing 18 seats, Labor led by Ed Milliband, ended with 316 seats, gaining 59 The Liberal Democrats, led by Nick Clegg were reduced to just one seat (Clegg's) and the UK Independence Party ended with 11 seats. Labor formed a Coalition Government with the Social Democratic and Labor Party, Clegg's Lib Dem seat, and the Alliance party of Northern Ireland
  • President Obama nominates Mereck CEO Kenneth Frazier as Health and Human Services Secretary on February 6, 2015. He is confirmed by the Senate 57-40 (after a second use of the nuclear option, this time by agreement between McCain and Reid, both of whom were upset and Rand Paul for filibustering the nomination over an unrelated issue )
  • A Special Election is held for the open  Lt. Governor's position in New Jersey on April 7,2015 and former Newark mayor Corey Booker (D) defeated State Supreme Court Justice Anne Patterson (R) 54-45 highlighting, that while Gov. Christie had escaped indictment so far for all his scandals his popularity in New Jersey was beginning to slip

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2014, 05:35:59 PM »

Candidates begin announcing

March 11, Dubuque, Iowa

I said almost three years ago you'd see me on a ballot again and here I am, running for President one more time. Some may question the wisdom of running for a third time, but let me tell you, this. I am not only up to the job of running for President, I am up to the job of being President!

March 17, Tarpon Springs, Florida

We in America are facing a liberty crisis, that cannot by resolved simply by changing governments, which is when I am inaugurated in 2017 I will begin the process of creating a new constitution that enshrines life and liberty in this country.

March 17, Houma, Louisiana

Is the Republican party ready to make history? I believe they are, and I also believe their values of life, and liberty are the way forward, which is why I will be running for President in 2016!

March 23, Manchester,New Hampshire

It's Time to bring the Republican Party back to a position where it could win Nationally... Ronald Reagan, hero of the right, could even win today!

March 27 Trenton, New Jersey

Due to the ongoing focus this administration has been receiving, over various occurrences, in our administration I will not run for President in 2016.

April 2, Iowa City, Iowa

Social Issues are the most important issues affecting our country, and as such I intend to run again to shed light on these issues, and this time to win

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2014, 08:22:42 PM »

More candidate announcements

April 12 Burlington, Vermont

Contrary to popular belief I will not run for President as a Democrat, nor will I run as an Independent... I will remain focused on serving the people of Vermont as I run for re-election

April 12, Waterloo, Iowa

We need women to have a choice about which candidate we run, not just stuffy old Clinton era politics and that is why I will run for President

April 18, Hieleah, Florida

I am aware of the difficulty I would face, both in recieving the nomination for President, and in running for re-election to Senate, which is why I have chosen to run for re-election.

April 21 Coral Gables, Florida

I don't believe America will ever elect a Bush again to any high office, and as such I will not run for President in 2016, or for Senate in 2018.

April 22, Ames, Iowa

My losses have only made me stronger, look out America, Michelle Bachmann is back!!!

May 7, Green Bay Wisconsin

Wisconsin is on the road to getting stronger and so too will America, because I am running for President!

May 7, Green Bay Wisconsin

I'm not running for President because I can do much better job as Speaker of The House, but I'm also here today to offer my endorsement to fellow Wisconsinite , Scott Walker!!!

May 9, Billings, Montana

I reject the idea the Clinton-Obama era has to continue the exact same way it has before, and that is why I am running for President!

May 9, LA Coliseum

As your Mayor I am compelled to inform you that I filed to run for President this morning. Now, I don't believe I'll actually do well, but I want to be in a position to influence the debate

May 24, Pierre South Dakota

It's unusual to be an underdog again, but anything to stop Hillary

Dallas, Texas

America needs to learn the Bush Doctrine is the only doctrine when it comes to foreign affairs, and I'm running for President to teach them that

June 7
New York, New York

It's time to continue the conversation we had in 2008, I'm in and this time I'll win
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2014, 09:17:03 PM »
« Edited: January 18, 2014, 10:40:19 PM by NewYorkExpress »

June 27, 2015

PPP releases primary numbers with just one month until Ames

National- Democrats

Hillary Clinton 53%
                            Joe Biden 28%
                             Tom Daschle 10%
                              Amy Klobuchar 5%
                            Brian Schweitzer 2%
                            Herb Wesson 1.675

National-Republicans

Scott Walker 29%
                              Judd Gregg 21%
                             Bobby Jindal 17%
                             Rick Santorum 15%
                             Michelle Bachmann 9%
                              Allen West 7%
                             John Bolton 1.5%

Democrats-Iowa

Joe Biden 38%
                                     Hillary Clinton 36%
                                     Tom Daschle 9%
                                   Brian Schwietzer 6%
                                    Amy Klobuchar 4%
                                  Herb Wesson 3%

Republicans-Iowa

Scott Walker 31%
                                   Rick Santorum 30%
                                   Bobby Jindal 11%
                                   Michelle Bachmann 10%
                                   Judd Gregg 6%
                                   John Bolton 6%
                                    Allen West 5%

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2014, 10:27:25 PM »

July 1 2015
[size=20 pt]Debate night in America; Both Parties debate[/size]

Democrats held their debate at Wells Fargo Arena in Tempe, Arizona a nod a new early state in the primary process. The debate, moderated by Local Political Cartoonist Steve Benson and CBS correspondent David Martin devolved into a bash Clinton and Biden affair, the charge being led by  Amy Klobuchar and Brian Schweitzer. Neither Clinton nor Biden had any significant gaffes, however Tom Daschle did a make a major blunder, suggesting that "he was the best majority either party had ever had in the Senate", at which point Schweitzer dissmisively pointed out that he had lost re-election as majority leader.

Republicans held their debate, at the Erie Insurance Arena, in Erie Pennsylvania, a key battleground state they hoped to win in November. The debate, moderated by New Republic editor Micheal Kinsley and Fox News analyst (The Five) and USA today colummnist Bob Beckel, might have well been called the Scott Walker show, as he was the only candidate to substantively answer any question of note, and weathered attacks from all opponents except Jindal, who spent most of his time attacking Gregg. 
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2014, 10:47:42 PM »

July 7 2015

The Big Guns finally make their move

Waco, Texas

I'm in this because we need a real Conservative leader, not knockoff phony... You'll see me in Iowa!!!

Lexington, Kentucky

We're going to get our liberties back... however I believe I can be more effective doing so in the Senate which is why I will run for re-election.

July 15

Quinnipiac rolls out multiple state polls with two weeks to go until Ames

Democrats- Iowa
                                    Joe Biden 34%
                                    Hillary Clinton 34%
                                    Amy Klobuchar 13%
                                     Brian Schweitzer 6%
                                     Tom Daschle 6%
                                     Herb Wesson 3%

Republicans- Iowa

Scott Walker 17%
                                     Ted Cruz 15%
                                      Rick Santorum 14%
                                       Michelle Bachmann 9%
                                        Judd Gregg 8%
                                      Bobby Jindal 7%
                                       Allen West 6%
                                        John Bolton 3%

Democrats- New Hampshire

Hillary Clinton 55%
                                          Joe Biden 33%
                                         Brian Schweitzer 3%
                                         Amy Klobuchar 3%
                                          Tom Daschle 2%
                                            Herb Wesson .5%

Republicans- New Hampshire
                                         Judd Gregg 21%
                                           Ted Cruz 19%
                                            Scott Walker 18%
                                            Bobby Jindal 9%
                                             Rick Santorum 6%
                                              Michelle Bachmann 6%
                                              Allen West 3%
                                               John Bolton 1%

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2014, 11:54:42 PM »

July 24

Good Afternoon, I'm Brooke Baldwin and for those of you who are just joining us, today was the Ames Straw poll, sponsored by the Iowa Republican Party. Ted Cruz, Michelle Bachmann, Rick Santorum and Scott Walker were the early favorites and while Walker and New Hampshire leader Judd Gregg did not contest Ames, everyone else was here this weekend, fighting for votes both here and in the caucus.

In eighth place with three percent of the vote is John Bolton

In seventh place with four percent of the vote is Judd Gregg. It looks like Gregg will have to make a hard decision about staying in the race, let alone playing in Iowa

In sixth place with five percent of the vote is Allen West. West will be thrilled to finish ahead of Gregg here.

In fifth place is Bobby Jindal with ten percent of the vote. Jindal, who's struggling to get off the ground, also has to be pleased with finishing ahead of Gregg

In fourth place is Scott Walker who picked up thirteen percent of the vote and easily could have had more had he shown up here.

In third is the 2012 Iowa Caucus winner Rick Santorum who garnered the support of nineteen percent of the vote. Santorum can be both happy and upset tonight, as he beat Walker, but finished behind Bachmann.

In second is the 2012 Straw Poll winner Michelle Bachmann who garnered twenty-two percent of the vote. She came very close two back to back wins and has nothing to be disappointment about here. 

Ted Cruz is the Iowa Straw Poll winner with twenty-three percent of the vote. But he is a winner in more ways than one today as he secured the endorsements of former Oklahoma Sen. Don Nickles and Former Arizona Sen. Kyl today in two more blows to Gregg.

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2014, 12:58:27 PM »

August 2
Rasmussen first in field after Ames straw poll

Republicans- National
                 Ted Cruz 28%
                  Scott Walker 24%
                   Rick Santorum 16%
                   Michelle Bachmann 9%
                   Judd Gregg 7%
                   Bobby Jindal 5%
                   John Bolton 4%
                   Allen West 2%

Republicans-Iowa
                  Ted Cruz 30%
                  Rick Santorum 21%
                   Scott Walker 17%
                   Michelle Bachmann 12%
                    Bobby Jindal 5%
                   Judd Gregg 3%
                  John Bolton 2%
                  Allen West 1%

Republicans- New Hampshire

Judd Gregg 19%
               Scott Walker 18%
                Ted Cruz 18%
               Bobby Jindal 10%
                John Bolton 5%
                Rick Santorum 4%
               Michelle Bachmann 4%
               Allen West 3%

Republicans- South Carolina

Ted Cruz 27%
            Scott Walker 19%
            Rick Santorum 16%
            Bobby Jindal 11%
            John Bolton 6%
            Michelle Bachmann 6%
            Judd Gregg 4%
            Allen West 3%

Republicans- North Carolina

Scott Walker 18%
              Ted Cruz 15%
              Rick Santorum 13%
              Bobby Jindal 9%
              John Bolton 7%
              Michelle Bachmann 7%
              Judd Gregg 5%
              Allen West 3%

Republicans- Nevada

Ted Cruz 26%
                Rick Santorum 19%
                Scott Walker 13%
               Bobby Jindal 7%
               Judd Gregg 6%
                John Bolton 5%
                 Michelle Bachmann 5%
                 Allen West 2%

Republicans- Colorado

Ted Cruz 21%
                 Scott Walker 17%
                  Rick Santorum 16%
                  Michelle Bachmann 15%
                  Bobby Jindal 8%
                  Judd Gregg 6%
                  John Bolton 4%
                 Allen West 1%

Republicans- Minnesota

Scott Walker 17%
                 Michelle Bachmann 15%
                 Ted Cruz 13%
                 Rick Santorum 11%
                 Bobby Jindal 9%
                 Judd Gregg 8%
                 John Bolton 3%
                 Allen West 2%

Republicans- Missouri
                  Ted Cruz 24%
                  Scott Walker 17%
                   Rick Santorum 13%
                   Bobby Jindal 9%
                   Michelle Bachmann 6%
                    Judd Gregg 5%
                     John Bolton 4%
                      Allen West 1%

Republicans- Arizona

Ted Cruz 22%
                      Scott Walker 18%
                      Bobby Jindal 10%
                      Michelle Bachmann 9%
                      Rick Santorum 7%
                      Judd Gregg 5%
                      John Bolton 3%
                      Allen West 1%

Republicans- Michigan

Judd Gregg 19%
                      Scott Walker 19%
                      Ted Cruz 15%
                      Rick Santorum 13%
                      Michelle Bachmann 8%
                     Bobby Jindal 5%
                    John Bolton 2%
                     Allen West 1%

Republicans-Utah

Rick Santorum 31%
                    Ted Cruz 21%
                   Michelle Bachmann 12%
                   Bobby Jindal 7%
                    Scott Walker 6%
                    John Bolton 4%
                    Allen West 3%
                     Judd Gregg 2%

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2014, 02:27:19 PM »

August 21

Democratic Debate turns fiery at Jimmy Carter Library and Museum

The debate last night was a riotous affair that moderators Gwen Ifill and Michael Smerconish had trouble controlling. Candidates took every effort in firing shot after shot at Clinton on subjects including, Whitewater, Benghazi, fitness to be President (that attack was also used on Biden) and her role in her judgement's impeachment debacle of 1999. Biden also came under attack for his excessively passive foreign policy, as described in Robert Gates August 2013 book. Daschle came under fire for his tax problems, as well as his stance on abortion, and Klobuchar came under heavy fire from  Clinton, Wesson and Schweitzer  on her sponsorship of both SOPA and PIPA, which remain pending before Congress. Viewers on both MSNBC and CNN in Iowa and New Hampshire judged Schweitzer the winner of the debate.   

September 2
Republicans debate in Iowa

The Republican debate, at Wartburg College in Waverly was a much calmer affair compared to the Democrats chaos in Atlanta. Moderators Margaret Hoover, and Kevin Madden ran a tight ship, and the only attacks that came through were between front-runners Cruz and Walker, as Cruz attacked Walker for not being conservative enough, while Walker slammed Cruz for not having executive experience, and for his twenty-four hour fillibuster in 2013, which Walker called "unproductive and unnecessary". Ultimately however FOX News viewers in Iowa and New Hampshire sided with Cruz, crowning him the debate winner.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2014, 04:48:08 PM »

August 23
Bridgegate investigations conclude, Christie to resign

New Jersey Governor Chris Christie resigned today after reaching a plea bargain over his various scandals with U.S Attorney Paul Fishman. The deal involved Christie resigning and pleading guilty to two counts of public corruption and one count of reckless endangerment in the death of Florence Genova. He will spend twenty four months in-prison. Lt. Governor Cory Booker ascended to the Governor's podium, and has scheduled an election for the vacant the Lt. Governor's position on election day.

Democrats call for Gaugdano's resignation

With Senator Kim Guagdagno  under fire for her role in recent New Jersey scandals has faced calls to resign from Democrats across the spectrum. Most notable was Brian Schweitzer, who at a rally in Duluth, Minnesota suggested the Senate should impeach Guagdagno if she refuses to resign, while other Democrats were less militant, simply saying that New Jersey-ens  should press Guagdagno to resign. 
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2014, 06:34:51 PM »

September 11 2015

On anniversary of 9/11 attacks Senate rejects renewing PATRIOT act

After the House passed a renewal of the Patriot act on Wednesday 245-188, the Senate acted quickly to reject the act 55-43 (Murkowski, Gaugdagno, Paul, Huppenthal, Collins, Rubio and Cruz voting with the Democrats, Grimes and Feinstein voting with Republicans. (Klobuchar and Castro absent/Present) 
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2014, 06:50:40 PM »

September 19

NBC/Wall Street Journal chime in on Democratic field

Democrats- National

Hillary Clinton 46%
                          Joe Biden 21%
                          Tom Daschle 17%
                           Amy Klobuchar 5%
                           Brian Schweitzer 4%
                            Herb Wesson 2%

Democrats- Iowa

Hillary Clinton 31%
                              Joe Biden 30%
                              Tom Daschle 23%
                               Amy Klobuchar 10%
                                Brian Schweitzer 3%
                                Herb Wesson 2%

Democrats- New Hampshire
                             Hillary Clinton 44%
                              Joe Biden 18%
                              Tom Daschle 13%
                               Amy Klobuchar 9%
                                Brian Schweitzer 7%
                                Herb Wesson 4%
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2014, 09:23:08 PM »

September 24

Farm Bill signed,sealed delivered

With Senate Agriculture Committee leaders, Debbie Stabenow (D) and  John Barasso (R) and House Agriculture committee leaders Mac Thornberry (R) and Kurt Schrader (D) appeared with President Obama as he signed a new farm bill. The bill which will fund the department of Agriculture for the next seven years, spends 119.7 billion dollars to fund the department a slight decrease to the 124.8 billion allocated in 2014. Notable funding items include $66.9 billion to SNAP a decrease from the $80 billion allocated in 2014, $5.7 billion for the United States Forest Service an increase from the $5.45 billion allocated in 2014 and $2 billion for the Food and Safety Inspection Service, an increase from the $897 million budgeted last year.

October 22

Cubs defeat Rangers in five, win first World Series in over one hundred years

The Chicago Cubs are the Baseball Champions of the world, breaking the curse of a 1945 Billy Goat after defeating the Texas Rangers in five games. Series MVP Masahiro Tanaka won games 1 and 5, defeating Yu Darvish in both games.  After the game the Rangers fired manager Ron Washington. With the Cubs win the Cleveland Indians have the longest World Series drought.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2014, 10:47:07 PM »

The Cubs? This really is a tale of woe. Wink
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2014, 07:29:32 AM »

October 24

Urribari elected President of Argentina

Sergio Ubarri will continue the alliance of the Front for Victory/Judicialist Party's control of the Argentinian Presidency defeating opponents Mauricio Macri and Rodolfo Terrango with 52% of the vote. Terrango earned 20% and Macri 13%. Ubarri has pledged to keep the majority of outgoing President Christina Fernandez de Kirchner's policies.

October 25
After over a month's delay, Guatemala elects Vice-President Baldetti

Over a month after the scheduled date for the Guatemalan Presidential election, voters finally went to the polls, and elected Vice-President Roxana Baldetti, who defeated main Rivals Julio Lopez, Maunel Baldizon and Oscar Castenda with 53% of the vote. International observers such as the UN and the U.S, as well as Baldizon are accusing the Government of outgoing President Otto Perez Molina of rigging the election in favor of his Vice-President.

October 30
Oh, Canada, election called late due to blizzard in New Brunswick then called for opposition

After a blizzard hit New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island on October 18th and 19th, The Governor-General of Canada David Lloyd Johnston delayed the General Election to the 28th, coming under intense criticism in doing so. He rationalized that it would be "inappropriate to hold an election without three valued provinces" to the Toronto Star. In the election Stephen Harper's Thomas Mulcair's New Democratic Party won 183 seats, Stephen Harper's Conservative Party won 97 seats, Justin Justin Trudeau's Liberal Party won 33 seats , The Greens led by Elizabeth May won 16 seats and Bloc Quebec, led by Louis Plamondon won 9 seats. 

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2014, 08:07:42 AM »
« Edited: January 20, 2014, 12:41:33 PM by NewYorkExpress »

November 4

Recap of Election 2015

Bailey pulls upset, wins Governors Mansion, Democrats sweep all other Statewide races

Former Ambassador to Latvia Cathy Bailey pulled a massive upset that likely puts an end to any talk of Hillary Clinton competing here next November, defeating former State Auditor Crit Luallen 52-47. However, her victory did not lend down-ballot help to Other Republicans, as Democrats won all other Statewide offices, including a hotly contested race for Secretary of State between Louisville mayor Greg Fischer and State Senator Dan Suem, which Fischer won 50-49.

No runoff needed, Dardenne swamps field

Lt. Governor Jay Dardenne won 66% of the vote in the all-parties primary, averting the need for a December runoff. His closest opponents , Businessman John Georges and retired Lt. General Russell Honore both received 9% of the vote making this one most dominating Louisiana victories ever.  

Mississppi

Hood stuns Bryant in clash of local heavyweights

Attorney General Jim Hood defeated Governor Phil Bryant 50-48 in a victory that came as a complete shock to operatives of both parties. Many attribute the defeat to Hood's unusual appeal with "moderate conservatives". His victories did not extend down-ballot as Republicans picked up the Attorney General's seat he was vacating as State Rep. Nolan Mettetal defeated State Sen. J.P Wilemon 58-39
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2014, 01:46:15 PM »

January 5,2016

In the Democratic Primary field we believe three candidates have the experience to be President, Tom Daschle,Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden. Unfortunately we at the Des Moines Register can only endorse one. Senator Clinton took the time to not only personally meet with the editorial board, but also has the endorsement of former Sen. Harkin, and Agriculture Secretary Vilsack, two mainstays in Iowa Politics. Her positions on the issues are closest to Iowa as a whole, not just left or right. That is why the Des Moines Register will, despite all the baggage, support Hillary Clinton.

The Republican Party primaries have been mostly a two-horse race between Sen. Ted Cruz, and Gov. Scott Walker, with the anomaly of former Sen. Judd Gregg leading in New Hampshire. however only one candidate represents Iowa values, and it isn't any of these. That candidate is 2012 winner Rick Santorum, who we believe represents both Iowa's populist past, and it's Bible belt Republicanism.

January 11, 2016

New Hampshire Democrats have to feel gipped. Hillary Clinton spent millions here in 2008 and barely won. She's spent similar amounts here and has a wide lead, but other than debates, hasn't set foot here. Nor has third place runner Tom Daschle, all but ceding the state to Hillary. For us this leaves Joe Biden, who despite numerous gaffes is trailing Clinton 39-28 in Dartmouth's Democratic Primary Tracking Poll. He's brutally honest, and sometimes says things too bluntly, but he's the only major candidate who paid attention to this state, and that why we endorse him 

The Republican Leader features a local hero, former Sen. Judd Gregg, however his candidacy simply cannot take off nationally even if he wins here. Gov. Scott Walker is the only candidate we considered for our endorsement, because his policies toe the line between conservative, and reactionary and in today's Republican party that is candidate most likely to win.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2014, 02:32:28 PM »
« Edited: January 20, 2014, 08:22:10 PM by NewYorkExpress »

Delegate charts used are from 2012

January 18
Iowa Caucuses

Republicans

Ted Cruz 27%
Rick Santorum 25
Michelle Bachmann 23%
Scott Walker 15%
Judd Gregg 6%
Bobby Jindal 2%
John Bolton 1%
Allen West 1%

Democrats

Hillary Clinton 36%
Tom Daschle 35%
Joe Biden 19%
Amy Klobuchar 5%
Brian Schweitzer 3%
Herb Wesson 2%

Delegate Count
Republicans
Scott Walker 2 RNC delegates (Tom Latham, Chuck Grassley)
Ted Cruz 28 pledged and 4 RNC delegates  (Don Nickles, John Kyl, Steve King, Jeb Bradley)
Rick Santorum 1 RNC delegate ( Mike Huckabee)
Judd Gregg 1 RNC delegate (Kelly Ayotte)
Michelle Bachmann 3 RNC delegates (Mike Benson, Norm Coleman and Tim Pawlenty)
John Bolton 0
Allen West 0
Bobby Jindal 2 RNC delegates (Bill Cassidy, David Vitter)

Democrats
Hillary Clinton 27 pledged delegates, 16 super-delegates (Bruce Braley, Jeanne Shaheen, Bill Clinton, Maggie Hassan, Tom Vilsack, are most notable)
Tom Daschle 27 pledged delegates, 6 super-delegates (Stephanie Herseth-Sandlin, Lloyd Doggett, Jim Matheson, Sheila Oliver, Lincoln Davis and Charlie Crist)
Joe Biden 2 pledged delegates, and 15 super-delegates (Alison Grimes, Cory Booker, Mark Dayton, Mark Begich and Carol Shea-Porter are most notable)
Brian Schweitzer 0 pledged Delegates and 7 super-delegates (Max Bacaus, Bill De Blasio, Annise Parker, Deval Patrick, Jon Tester, Ann McLane Kuster, and Blanche Lincoln)
Amy Klobuchar 0 Pledged delegates, 3 super-delegates (Al Franken, Tim Walz, Dave Obey)
Herb Wesson 0 pledged delegates 1 super-delegate (Antonio Villaraigosa)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies