Jim Moran Retiring
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:24:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Jim Moran Retiring
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Jim Moran Retiring  (Read 1934 times)
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 15, 2014, 01:43:34 PM »
« edited: January 15, 2014, 03:41:01 PM by Kevin »

It doesn't look like this has been posted yet but another NOVA Congressman Rep. Jim Moran(D-VA-8) announced he was retiring today after 20 years in the House.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/virginia-politics/jim-moran-will-retire-at-the-end-of-the-year/2014/01/15/9d1b8ace-7dea-11e3-95c6-0a7aa80874bc_story.html

Moran's district which includes the City of Alexandra, all of Arlington, the City of Falls Church, and portions of Fairfax County( such as parts of Route 1) is likely to remain Democratic.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 03:07:11 PM »

Good, he was an embarrassment.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 03:41:24 PM »

That's putting it lightly
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 04:21:57 PM »

Am I remembering that he punched a 13-year-old or was that my imagination?
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 04:31:43 PM »

Never heard of that, he did have an altercation in the 90'sand threw a punch at former Congressman Randy "Duke" Cunningham R-Jail Cell
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 05:28:34 PM »

No he yelled at an 8 year old kid he then accused of trying to steal his car lol.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2014, 04:54:41 PM »

Radio host Mark Levine is entering on the D side.

At first I thought it was Mark Levin!
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2014, 05:02:30 PM »

Subtract one e and you go from liberal radio host to constitutionalist tea party conservative radio host!

But yes, great that Jim Moron is leaving the House, even though this seat will stay D.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2014, 05:10:50 PM »

Levine is the 11th Democrat to announce here. One hell of a primary.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2014, 06:06:52 PM »
« Edited: February 18, 2014, 06:13:57 PM by badgate »

I'm very excited to have just learned that Charniele Herring, who I pinpointed as a possible replacement for Sen. Tim Kaine in 2024 in my TL A Political Fable 2, is in this primary. If anybody can find polling I would be appreciative. Herring may receive my first out of state donation this cycle.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2014, 08:23:03 PM »

I'm very excited to have just learned that Charniele Herring, who I pinpointed as a possible replacement for Sen. Tim Kaine in 2024 in my TL A Political Fable 2, is in this primary. If anybody can find polling I would be appreciative. Herring may receive my first out of state donation this cycle.

There's no polling yet, seeing as how the race just kicked off and people are still announcing.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2014, 02:09:32 AM »

Yeah, I guess I was being optimistic. I tried to donate to Herring but she doesn't even have her digital presence up. The Virginia primary isn't until June 10, over two months after our primary here in Texas.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2014, 05:39:56 PM »

Oprah is fundraising for Lavern Chatman, claims she was unaware of Chatman's checkered past.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/19/oprah-lavern-chatman_n_4994035.html?utm_hp_ref=politics

Hoping for Oprah to discover the candidacy of Charniele Herring and fundraise for her instead! Tongue
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2014, 10:10:01 PM »

I'm currently leaning towards rooting for Herring. So far the only VA-08 candidates I have any problem with is Chatman due to her ethics issues, and Beyer because I would prefer a younger Representative (Always important to have a bench). Herring, Hope, Ebbin, and Lopez all seem decent, but I don't know enough about them to know if progressives would have any gripes over them.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2014, 11:47:08 PM »

Big field just got a hint smaller. Two Dem candidates, Del. Charniele Herring and some dude Satish Kope, are dropping out of the primary.

Kope was a nobody whose campaign was basically just a Facebook page. Herring looked like a decent candidate on paper, but apparently suffered a terrible debate performance and generally ran a shoddy campaign.

This leaves 8 candidates still in the VA-08 Dem primary, with former Lt. Gov Don Beyer as the clear favorite. The others are Del. Patrick Hope, Sen. Adam Ebbin, Community leader Lavern Chapman, radio host Mark Levine, Virginia Tech professor Derek Hyra, former Alexandria mayor Bill Euille, and Air Force pilot Bruce Shuttleworth. The Republican nominee will be former lobbyist Micah Edmond.

Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2014, 11:56:33 PM »

Is Mark Levine someone separate from Mark Levin? If not, is Mark Levin running in a Democratic primary for all the trolling and rat[Inks]ing sorts of reasons one might expect or is there more to it?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2014, 12:10:14 AM »

Is Mark Levine someone separate from Mark Levin? If not, is Mark Levin running in a Democratic primary for all the trolling and rat[Inks]ing sorts of reasons one might expect or is there more to it?

Mark Levine is a liberal radio host, going under the name "The Aggressive Progressive". Nothing to do with Mark Levin. He is also a former Chief Legislative Counsel to Rep. Barney Frank.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2014, 12:18:20 AM »

Mark Levine is a liberal radio host, going under the name "The Aggressive Progressive". Nothing to do with Mark Levin. He is also a former Chief Legislative Counsel to Rep. Barney Frank.

Ah. I was confused because Mark Levin is also based in NOVA, and is much better known.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies