James Lankford (R OK-5) to run for Tom Coburn's Senate Seat (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:23:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  James Lankford (R OK-5) to run for Tom Coburn's Senate Seat (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: James Lankford (R OK-5) to run for Tom Coburn's Senate Seat  (Read 15724 times)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« on: April 13, 2014, 05:06:54 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 05:07:36 PM »

My god. It will be funny.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 03:29:05 PM »

As most everyone knows Congressman Lankford is an unashamed Southern Baptist Christian and he preached at my parents' church in March (I was unable to attend unfortunately) and I saw him at the Men's Retreat I went to at the youth camp grounds that he oversaw before running for Congress.  James Lankford has my full support for the United States Senate.
Bushie, you won't support the OK democrat?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 03:47:55 PM »

As most everyone knows Congressman Lankford is an unashamed Southern Baptist Christian and he preached at my parents' church in March (I was unable to attend unfortunately) and I saw him at the Men's Retreat I went to at the youth camp grounds that he oversaw before running for Congress.  James Lankford has my full support for the United States Senate.

Normally, I would, and I will likely support the Democratic candidate for Governor and other offices, but I know Lankford personally and he and I agree on most every issue.  He is what Oklahoma needs in the Senate to replace Tom Coburn.  I just wish he were replacing Jim Inhofe, but oh well.
How can you say you agree withhim on most every issue? Is he progressive like you economically? Does he support medicaid expansion or something like that?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2014, 04:25:21 PM »

Normally, I would, and I will likely support the Democratic candidate for Governor and other offices, but I know Lankford personally and he and I agree on most every issue.  He is what Oklahoma needs in the Senate to replace Tom Coburn.  I just wish he were replacing Jim Inhofe, but oh well.
How can you say you agree withhim on most every issue? Is he progressive like you economically? Does he support medicaid expansion or something like that?

I was talking more social issues.
He s pro life and pro ssm? Which views differenciate him from the typical ok rep?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2014, 04:33:29 PM »

He s pro life and pro ssm? Which views differenciate him from the typical ok rep?

To be honest, I'm kind of going the other way on SSM.  He is as anti-SSM as they come.  I find myself slowly trending in that direction.
To be honest You're the first person I know who is becoming less pro ssm. May I ask why?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2014, 04:39:51 PM »

To be honest, I'm kind of going the other way on SSM.  He is as anti-SSM as they come.  I find myself slowly trending in that direction.
To be honest You're the first person I know who is becoming less pro ssm. May I ask why?

I am trying to line up my beliefs with those of the Bible.  I'm trying to let the Bible dictate my voting habits.  The Bible clearly does not condone homosexual marriage and as God's child, I should not either.  Trust me, it is a hard decision, and I'm fighting it, but I realize that ultimately God and His Word will prevail over all world governments including the United States, so I need to get in line with His teachings.
If the bible doesn t condemn it, why is it a difficult décision?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies