MW Extraterrestrial life Act (Failed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:00:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  MW Extraterrestrial life Act (Failed)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: MW Extraterrestrial life Act (Failed)  (Read 1270 times)
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2014, 02:37:32 PM »

Could you explain please? I don't understand what you want to say!
What I'm saying is that there could be alien life that we cannot even comprehend. How are they supposed to be subject to the same laws as humans? For example, a species that thinks as a collective, all with the intent of invading us. Are we going to put them all on trial even though each one thinks the same thing?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2014, 02:38:55 PM »

What I'm saying is that there could be alien life that we cannot even comprehend. How are they supposed to be subject to the same laws as humans? For example, a species that thinks as a collective, all with the intent of invading us. Are we going to put them all on trial even though each one thinks the same thing?

Once again, if they try to invade us, there would be no problem to stop them. If North Korea invades the USA, there would no problem to nuke them, right?
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2014, 02:42:31 PM »

Once again, if they try to invade us, there would be no problem to stop them. If North Korea invades the USA, there would no problem to nuke them, right?
No, I would have significant moral qualms with nuking North Korea. Tongue But that's just one example, and there is probably other extraterrestrial life that we can't even begin to comprehend, so I don't think we should legislate on something we don't know exists or can't even begin to comprehend until we see what we are dealing with.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2014, 03:24:47 PM »

What is this...
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2014, 07:18:33 PM »

Being honest, I think I'm leaning more and more on the veto possibility as we keep discussing this, even if I offered an amendment myself...
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2014, 07:39:02 AM »

No, I would have significant moral qualms with nuking North Korea. Tongue But that's just one example, and there is probably other extraterrestrial life that we can't even begin to comprehend, so I don't think we should legislate on something we don't know exists or can't even begin to comprehend until we see what we are dealing with.

The goal of law is to cover all possible contingencies PJ.

Being honest, I think I'm leaning more and more on the veto possibility as we keep discussing this, even if I offered an amendment myself...
And if you veto this bill, I will try to override this. There's nothing wrong with this bill, and I don't understand this opposition.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2014, 04:44:32 PM »

And if you veto this bill, I will try to override this. There's nothing wrong with this bill, and I don't understand this opposition.
[/quote]

In all fairness, Windjammer, this bill is a little bit frivolous in comparison. Somebody gave the example of Napoleon's cloning bill earlier, and we have other things to discuss (like your Labor proposals or Arturo's bills, plus the soon to come Brewer's bill and my High Speed Rail bill to come today) in the Althing that are of more immediate concern.

The goal of the bill is to cover contingencies, yes, but can we really cover them like this? Not only we are into an unknown zone, we are doing something that I believe is out from the reach of the Most Serene Republic of the Midwest. Perhaps it's even out of the reach of our Federal Government, and it probably should be dealt with international organisms via the SoEA.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2014, 07:28:22 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
And I completely agree with you, that's why you should sign this bill if it passed instead of vetoing it, after this time lost in veto override could be used for other debates!

You know Lumine, when women were able to vote, when slavery was declared illegal, it was initially made by the states. That's why we should act, maybe the Senate or anything else could  consider this bill instead of saying it's just trollism,...

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2014, 10:19:46 AM »

I call a 48 hour vote, there's nothing with this bill, I'm not trolling, so I hope that you, Most Serene Representatives, will support this bill.
Arturo Belano

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.43

« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2014, 10:25:01 AM »

Cheesy
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2014, 02:42:23 PM »

I would think this would be better handled by the national government as a matter of national if not global security. Plus aren't there more pressing matters to attend to like the governors rail proposal?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2014, 03:14:53 PM »

JCL, slavery, women's right to vote was initially a regional issue! So by voting this bill, we would encourage the federal government to do the same thing.

I don't think that I have trolled the Midwest with "extraterrestrial bills". And if there are more pressing matters, that's why the Midwest should quickly vote this bill, after all, the Midwest Alping would debate other issues.

The vote continues!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2014, 06:33:47 AM »

Don't forget to vote
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2014, 02:11:57 PM »

Abstain
Brewer
BrewerPaul

Political Matrix
E: -6.90, S: -6.17

« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2014, 07:58:00 AM »

Abstain
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2014, 09:08:56 AM »

This bill passes.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2014, 11:23:27 PM »

It can pass with only one vote in favor?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2014, 11:27:20 PM »

Apparently, yes, but I'm confident that it will not pass the veto override.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2014, 06:46:50 AM »

Apparently, yes, but I'm confident that it will not pass the veto override.
This. To override a veto, all Representatives shall vote aye.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2014, 02:08:35 PM »

Well, I won't try to override Lumine's veto, I just have to wait after all. I'm just disappointed, and really.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies