Terry Shiavo Poll (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:59:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Terry Shiavo Poll (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should Terry Shiavo be kept alive or let die?
(D) Keep her alive

(D) Let her die

(R) Keep her alive

(R) Let her die

(I/O) Keep her alive

(I/O) Let her die

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 89

Author Topic: Terry Shiavo Poll  (Read 21551 times)
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« on: March 18, 2005, 06:50:40 PM »

Her husband wants her gone for money, and so he can live with his girlfriend in the house he bought with the money she won in a lawsuit.  He is a terrible person, and really shouldn't get to decide whether his wife, and I use that term losely.  

Disregarding everything, the women is being STARVED to death.  If the women should die, why not inject her with cyanide or something and kill her immediately.  This is a Pro-life/pro-euthanasia issue, but also an issue of starving a women to death for no crime other than having a bastard for a husband and getting hurt.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2005, 07:12:12 PM »

By "Let her die" you mean "Kill her", right?

You could just remove her from life support, then you wouldn't be doing any action to specifically kill her.

Except starve her to death

http://www.opinionjournal.com/columnists/pnoonan/?id=110006442

Article by Peggy Noonan on this issue.  She raises an excellent point about the husband.  He seems to be quite set on killing his wife, but to what end?  He doesn't seem like the kind of person that is prepared to make a unbiased decision, especially when all he wants is money and to no longer be married to her.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2005, 11:06:46 PM »

Well, the religious right viciously attacked Kevorkian too. I agree that letting her starve to death is a little inhumane -- although she probably won't feel it. But the radical right feels that it's a more natural process then simply injecting her with something and letting her go quietly.

This woman is not brain dead or in a coma.  I'm 100% sure that if you stuck a hot iron against her skin, she would feel and react to pain.  If a dog was starved, it would feel and react to the pain and agony of getting starved.  I can't do this kind of crap to my pets, or any animal or I'd go to jail. Why is it now alright to do this to a human being.

And dazzleman, I agree about extroidinary measures.  Feeding tube is ok, but if they're on a respirator, it's time to give it up and let natural death take its course. 
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2005, 11:42:00 AM »

Someone should have the guts to just take the husband out of the picture. If he can't make the decision, her parents would be able to.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2005, 06:45:04 PM »

what a horrible issue for the republicans to play politics with.

i personally dont care one way or the other.  if it were me, id just want to die.

by the way, when did republicans become such big fans of judicial activism? 

So to you a dog deserves a painless death yet a HUMAN BEING should dehydrate to death? Do you see something wrong with this? Or are you just a heartless bastard?

Walter's proved himself to be a heartless bastard recently.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2005, 05:52:25 PM »

The House vote last night was absolutely hilarious.  With Hastert completely ignoring Barney Frank when Frank wanted a aye/nay vote instead of the voice vote.  He got it anyway though.  Steny Hoyer also made an excellent speech, and Tom DeLay got up and spoke for about 15 seconds and all he said was that the bickering in the house had already cost Ms. Schiavo 2 meals that day.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2005, 06:05:56 PM »

Anyone know how Dennis Kucinich voted?

He didn't
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2005, 09:37:39 PM »

The GOP has certainly shown that just like the Democrats, they pay lip service to the concept of Federalism only when it suits them.  The only possible justification for what they've done is to assume that the courts of the State of Florida are incompetent. Given what happened in the 2000 elections, I can understand why the GOP might be tempted to think that about Florida courts, but I can’t agree with that assessment.

State's rights is a phony issue. It only seems to exist when it helps conservatives.

Nice work jfraud.  This is truly the Republican belief.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies